• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

nigga what

This fool disappeared

He's BatMite, fuck it, it's the only thing that makes sense

They might have mixed him and Music Meister together. Music Meister needs to appear in all the CW Hero shows. Music Meister is never that powerful until now. Dude is either a 5th Dimensional Imp or something.

Cannot wait until Mxyzptlk meets Music Meister, lol. Going around just destroying the multiverse and having a laugh. Music Meister will have the side of Barry and Mxyzptlk will be on the side of Kara.

Do it for the Season 4 major crossover event.

Jhoan

Finally back to focusing on Savitar next week. Barry is pretty much doing what his alternate dimension ego is doing and getting hitched with Iris.

LionPride

Banned
And the sake joker from Gotham
No one watches Gotham

They might have mixed him and Music Meister together. Music Meister needs to appear in all the CW Hero shows. Music Meister is never that powerful until now. Dude is either a 5th Dimensional Imp or something.

Cannot wait until Mxyzptlk meets Music Meister, lol. Going around just destroying the multiverse and having a laugh. Music Meister will have the side of Barry and Mxyzptlk will be on the side of Kara.

Do it for the Season 4 major crossover event.
I need that in my life

Jetman

Motherfucker it was hype as fuck, fuck you

Oh noooo, hahahaha, that shit was so dumb. If Barry can do that, he needs to vibrate whole cars through villains trying to get away, or vibrate entire buildings with bad guys in them so they just fall through into the basement or something, lolol.

Honestly, they should've skipped the Mxy ep and made Music Meister him.

As it stands, it was still a great episode.

And folks see that romantic drama is pretty much the same from show-to-show.

No one watches Gotham

I need that in my life

Can you imagine their arguments?! Lol

MuMe: Nuh uh, Barry is way faster!!!
MrMx: Nuh uh, Kara is Super duper faster!!!!
*destroys Earth-52*

MuMe: Well, if Kara tries to punch Barry he's just going to phase through it!!!!
MrMx: He won't be able to phase fast enough for Kara!!
*destroys Flarrowverse's version of Earth-616*

It'll be the ultimate fanboy battle, lol.

jaybeeze

Should I watch yesterday's Supergirl episode before this? Didn't wanna skim thread if it's been answered in case of live update spoilers.

ZeroX03

Banned
The album is on iTunes under:

The Flash - Music From the Special Episode: Duet
Various Artists
(Blake Neely is the first artist if that helps)

Not seeing it on Spotify yet

Should I watch yesterday's Supergirl episode before this?

It's not necessary. They cover the two minutes of stuff in the recap.

Should I watch yesterday's Supergirl episode before this? Didn't wanna skim thread if it's been answered in case of live update spoilers.

Probably. The setup for Music Miester is just an end of episode stinger, but the status of Kara and Mon-El's character arcs depends a lot on last night's episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
"Abra Kadabra" Promo
AV Club: A-
IGN: 9.6
Uproxx/Sepinwall

c20dcc072951e721ffda8076a5e60ea0.gif

jb1234

I think I was onboard the second Kara was told she was flat in a few places during "Moon River" (which was true and was going to be my first complaint). It's striking how much better this show is once it ditches the dour tone and just has some fun. The romancy stuff remains grating (and the last five minutes unbearably corny) but that's the CW for you.

That said, this was a terrible musical. It ends with both Barry and Kara stupidly running out into a line of bullets! They're not even really important to the plot! What happened to the dueling dads? To the lovers? Bah! That wouldn't last a week on Broadway!

My headcannon is that Music Meister is from Earth-Prime. He's been watching the Arrowverse and wanted to save us all months of CW relationship bullshit.

So he's just a buffed up Cupid? That actually fits the CW better than I thought it would. Or he's a inter-dimensional travelling relationship guru. Both work.

This episode shows once again that Kara/Barry is the true power couple and ship of the CWverse. Everything is better when they are together, and their charm is almost effortless.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know he can't sing... and who knows how much auto-tune you can use but would love to see Oliver if they do it again

He should be the only person not affected by the singing powers. You could say he's got the... willpower.

This episode shows once again that Kara/Barry is the true power couple and ship of the CWverse. Everything is better when they are together, and their charm is almost effortless.

It's Olicity, keep trying tho

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A really fun episode with some really great original songs. Love the song Rachel Bloom wrote and like that they actually got an in-universe song out of Barry. I just enjoyed the "all hands on deck" nature of the episode.

I also enjoy that they smoothed over the relationship drama a bit with the episode. I think it somewhat helps explain just what the hell was wrong with Barry last episode: he knew he wasn't doing it for the right reasons and it threw him.

Jesus, how is Music Meister better at teaching lessons than the Speed Force.

He's Bat-Mite yo, gotta be their version of that

Sorry, Arrow-Mite is already a lock for Season 6.

I know he can't sing... and who knows how much auto-tune you can use but would love to see Oliver if they do it again

He'll just be the talk-singing guy.

Zaverious

Barry will actually listen to you the first time if the backdrop is a musical. Y'all saw how much he was feeling himself throughout the episode.

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would and it left me with big cheesy grin. That superfriends song song was almost too much cheese, but some of those quips got me laughing hard.

"I'm not supposed to do that anymore"
LOL

Toa TAK

Banned
BEST

EPISODE

of the season. Even beyond the songs, it was great to see the secondary heroes get a god damn win.

But bruh, Music Meister wanting to teach a lesson through pain and punishment is straight up Old Testament shit. He was fun to watch, though.

That was dumb fun and that's all I ask from The Flash and wish Supergirl would get more of. Cool seeing much of the Arrowverse cast get to sing on the show. Even if I didn't already know Rachel wrote "Super Friends" I would've still figured it out because that was totally her and I still wish she could play a Music Meister, a meta-human one not this Bat-Mate or "Earth Prime" version.

My headcannon is that Music Meister is from Earth-Prime. He's been watching the Arrowverse and wanted to save us all months of CW relationship bullshit.

I support this, truly the hero we need.

Top Bottom