• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

GulAtiCa

Ah.

I hope they do a full behind the scenes video for this. The one for Buffy musical was great. Was a full 30 minutes of content of what went into everything.
I'll link it here in case anyone is curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNG4ra6F9Xw

I liked the episode, and enjoyed the singing, but was kinda disappointed by the number of songs.. Only 6 I believe? I think my expectations were made a little too high by how Buffy did it (with what, 12+ songs or more?) Of course maybe not fair to compare Buffy Musical to this. As it was still good and enjoyable.

Xenoboy

Next episode is
64th century hype! Let's go Savitar reveal, aka Dante. They can still do Abra Kadabra next season as a big bad since he's from the future.
Some really good songs this epi though. Kara, I say damn.

Joni

I didn't say otherwise. I just don't like musical episodes. I find them to be gimmicky nonsense and a waste of time.

6cT0kssCReuYL3UC6RhX18x0eqg=.gif

Maddocks

David Dastmalchian...the guy is in everything and every universe, dark knight, ant man....confirmed, he is the One Above All for Marvel and the Presence for DC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
David Dastmalchian...the guy is in everything and every universe, dark knight, ant man....confirmed, he is the One Above All for Marvel and the Presence for DC.

If they ever need to cast Access, we've found our man.

jb1234

This one episode resolves relationship plots for two separate shows.

Just watch it ya babies.

It resolves relationship conflicts that were manufactured just for the musical. I'll defend this episode but I'm not going to pretend that it even remotely contributes to the arcs for the season.

(Which is probably why I liked it, at least for Flash. The Savitar arc has been dragging the show down.)

nOoblet16

Interesting idea but what is a musical doing in my Flash episode, especially after the terrible shit it's out out for a while. There's been like basically no real plot advancement regarding Savitar, when will shit start going down? Atleast it resolves the stupid relationship plotline. I would have liked it more if this season had actually been doing atleast something with the main plot so far. But it kind of reminds me of those Vic Fontaine episodes from Star Trek Voyager where they do this dancing and singing to resolve internal conflicts, relationship and all lol (all those episodes sucked).

I love Legends of Tomorrow because it doesn't do any of this, and it's light on relationship drama as well. Basically it's everything the first season of Flash was i.e. embracing the fact that it's a comic book show. Its basically one theme park roller coaster episode to another.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Honestly, I hate crossover episodes. They seem to do it more often than my liking as well. I don't watch any of these other shows and having he producers continually shove it down my throat won't work either. >(

Yeah I'm avoiding this episode. We get enough stupid overly dramatic stuff in the canon episodes, i really dont need a full episode of that plus singing.

Dude at my job was on full hate for the musical episode. I just finished it and loved it I am not sure what people were expecting. The Super Friends song with the verse about Barry and time travel so good.

Well that was underwhelming. Too little, and too much of the same. Only one song had the spontaneous feel of a musical (the parents' song). Barry was still mostly standing around talking to people.

Enjoyed the episode. Always love the interactions between Barry and Kara. Admittedly, I was a few beers in by the middle of it, but still had a good time. A little confused by what/who Music Meister was. If the answer is Macguffin to advance the plot, I feel like I can accept that, but I was thinking something along the lines of a fifth dimensional entity like Mister Mxyzptlk?

Did I miss an explanation about Music Meister gaining Barry and Kara's powers as a result of them being in the musical world? Or was that just implied and then the episode moved on without attributing motivation?

valeo

One thing I didn't understand was when Music Meister ran off and was standing in front of that building (before getting punched and caught)

What was his aim there exactly?

ZeroX03

Banned
One thing I didn't understand was when Music Meister ran off and was standing in front of that building (before getting punched and caught)

What was his aim there exactly?

Music Meister was helping Wally get back on the horse, so he can Ride, Wallace, Ride.

In hindsight, rewatching the scenes with Wally, I think Music Meister was probably being sincere when he said he was a fan of Kid Flash, instead of the usual villain sarcastic posturing.

Top Bottom