• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

jwk94

This made me laugh and is also something that's wrong with the show. Everything is so formulaic. For fucks sake, EVERY EPISODE someone gets mad/upset/whatever, then someone else is like "it's ok, I'll go talk to them." And everything has to make a point. Like 'love wins, teamwork, blah blah blah' EACH episode.
Look on the bright side : at least it's not Power Rangers Megaforce where they don't even try to hide the fact that they're doing a lesson of the day each episode.

Dryk

Why can the writers of this show never remember that Wells has been dead for the entire show. A time traveler especially should know better.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Really not liking this series, there's really no point paying any attention to what's happening because it will likely be undone next week if not 5 minutes later,

Barry & Iris need space? Nope, engaged again.
Cisco and Gypsy an item? Yes? No? No? Yes?...Yes?...No...Yes.
Caitlin is Killer Frost? No. Yes, give her some bracelets!. No. Yes! Give her a necklace!!. No. Yes.
Barry will try to disrupt the future? Yes? No leave it as it is.
Barry can't run forward in time again? No, definitely not.....oh actually yes.

It's not so much a story arc as a story yo-yo.

Shyranui

Neo Member
Why did the handcuffs affected him if he is using nanomachines? Or did I miss some shit that Cisco invented in 5 minutes? I thought that they only acted in metas.

This episode is really a prime example in why the seasons for these shows should be shorter. Or maybe do what SHIELD is pulling off right now, several mini-arcs. Because man, if your primary arc isn't working, it causes massive problems. I can feel them trying to come up with padding to stretch this Savitar reveal out even further and it's just making me resent the show.

At this point, I just want everything with Savitar to get wrapped up so they can start anew and hopefully come up with something that works. And bring the lightness back, for the love of GOD. I swear that most of the time, this show feels more dour than Arrow these days.

Yeah, Savitar hasn't been compelling at all even with the way they tried to work this season there's just not enough there with him to make an interesting villain and we all know Iris ain't gonna die. Someone else probably will but it won't be her.

Better not be Joe either and Julian dying would be lame as well.

Skux

Well I thought it was a pretty good episode. Abra Kadabra was a cool OP villain, and the stakes and moral dilemma of letting him go versus handing him over to Gypsy were portrayed really well.

I hope that Killer Frost has fully taken over Caitlin this time. I want to see her as a true villain, not as this flip-flopping split personality that does neither character justice.

LotusHD

Banned
Even whatever they got going on over at Supergirl (Mama Luthor I guess?), which is not much either, is somehow more compelling than Savitar so far. Just basically waiting for the reveal so things can maybe get interesting already.

Patryn

The biggest problem with the episode is that they wasted Kadabra, who totally could have functioned as a season-long villain. He was a great villain, and had a lot of possibility behind him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Remind me again, why didn't they just bring one of the numerous doctors in that city to Caitlin, or Caitlin to one of the numerous hospitals in the city, again?

Yeah, Savitar hasn't been compelling at all even with the way they tried to work this season there's just not enough there with him to make an interesting villain and we all know Iris ain't gonna die. Someone else probably will but it won't be her.

Better not be Joe either and Julian dying would be lame as well.
It's almost definitely going to be Joe (I have a feeling that's what the headline about him being honored at City Hall is about) I hope I'm wrong, because I'd be a lot less enthusiastic about the show if he does die.

Xenoboy

Episode was one of the stronger ones of the season, dunno what all the commotion is about. We got some neat character moments Joe and a cool chase scene, and probably the best villain of the week this season. It would be criminal to not have Abra appear next season.
We also got a hint for next season's villain.
No Savitar reveal this week and the Gypsy x Cisco were the only two things that soured me.

GulAtiCa

I enjoyed last night's episode. But still had it's usual drama shit sprinkled. Stop showing us Iris dying for the 100th time. I really hope that if she does end up being saved, that she is never in a huge threat again. But the Flash Writers like to repeat things..

abundant

The biggest problem with the episode is that they wasted Kadabra, who totally could have functioned as a season-long villain. He was a great villain, and had a lot of possibility behind him.

This is why the mini arc formula works better for comic book shows. Imagine if Flash gave Abra Kadabra a 5 episode mini ac, similar to what Gotham did for Mad Hatter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We actually need an explanation for the opposite: why aren't Barry, Wally, Jesse, Cisco, and Firestorm bad guys? Practically every other metahuman is a villain.

nOoblet16

Pretty much this, this is the chance they had of not having a speedster main villain or having him as the main villain for a mini arc. For the first time a non speedster in this TV show actually felt powerful compared to Flash without it feeling hamfisted and they wasted it on one episode.

Xenoboy

Like... there's nothing stopping them from giving a villain a bigger role in the future, next season spoilers about another show
Black siren
. Like, if they can re purpose villains of the week to be regulars in another show (Cold and Heatwave), no reason for them not being able to re purpose them into a season big bad.

nOoblet16

This split personality thing is so fucking stupid. I can't get over it

Yea it's like "oh I saw my counterpart in another earth have the same power and she was evil, means if I have this then I'll be evil too so I have to get rid of it" nevermind the fact that it's her fear of power and desperately wanting to get rid of it is what made her aggressive in the first place and now it's a split personality which we have to take it as it is.

Magwik

Banned
Yea it's like "oh I saw my counterpart in another earth have the same power and she was evil, means if I have this then I'll be evil too so I have to get rid of it" nevermind the fact that it's her fear of power and desperately wanting to get rid of it is what made her aggressive in the first place and now it's a split personality which we have to take it as it is.

My personal belief is that it's the Speedforce giving Barry a permanent "fuck you" for Flashpoint

Well, the comic book character is a villain.

Xenoboy

Yeah, I was a little confused about that mention. I know it's a throw-away joke, but I don't even remember him knowing Superman even existed, besides that Kara had a cousin.

Probably just an off-screen exchange or something, they did the same with Siren.

Well, the comic book character is a villain.

Not anymore, she isn't. She learned how to drain the heat she needed to survive without doing any permanent damage, changed her name from "Killer Frost" to "Frost" and joined Batman's Justice League:

justice-league-america-1-2017-207868.jpg

Joni

Still trying to figure out how Barry knew about superman in the musical episdoe

Yeah, I was a little confused about that mention. I know it's a throw-away joke, but I don't even remember him knowing Superman even existed, besides that Kara had a cousin.

She also knew the lyrics to the song he was making up. Music Meister based the sprint on both their minds, so Barry knows to sing about Superman.

I really wish they could give Flash a full on Batman-like villain as the big bad for next season.

I don't care how they do it.
I'd even accept Thomas Wayne(Batman) discovering that Barry is Savitar as well as messing with time travel and he decides to fuck Barry up for the season.
And then reveal it in the last few episodes, kinda like Merlyn in S1 of Arrow .

ZeroX03

Banned
I really wish they could give Flash a full on Batman-like villain as the big bad for next season.

I don't care how they do it.
I'd even accept Thomas Wayne(Batman) discovering that Barry is Savitar as well as messing with time travel and he decides to fuck Barry up for the season.
And then reveal it in the last few episodes, kinda like Merlyn in S1 of Arrow .

Of course you want a Batman like villain, you have an extremely unhealthy obsession with Batman. Whenever I see you post I'm usually surprised if it doesn't reference Batman in some way.

The Thinker appears to be a strong candidate for next season's big bad and he's obviously a villain with an intellectual bent so that's of a similar mold.

caliph95

Of course you want a Batman like villain, you have an extremely unhealthy obsession with Batman. Whenever I see you post I'm usually surprised if it doesn't reference Batman in some way.

The Thinker appears to be a strong candidate for next season's big bad and he's obviously a villain with an intellectual bent so that's of a similar mold.
Plus they said his name hopefully we wont wast time building up a mystery about his identity.

Not anymore, she isn't. She learned how to drain the heat she needed to survive without doing any permanent damage, changed her name from "Killer Frost" to "Frost" and joined Batman's Justice League:

justice-league-america-1-2017-207868.jpg

This feels like a sensible place to take things tbh. Go for the Heat Vampire thing, but skip straight to the Friendly Neighborhood Vampire endpoint. Make her a Legend while we're at it.

This episode is really a prime example in why the seasons for these shows should be shorter. Or maybe do what SHIELD is pulling off right now, several mini-arcs. Because man, if your primary arc isn't working, it causes massive problems. I can feel them trying to come up with padding to stretch this Savitar reveal out even further and it's just making me resent the show.

At this point, I just want everything with Savitar to get wrapped up so they can start anew and hopefully come up with something that works. And bring the lightness back, for the love of GOD. I swear that most of the time, this show feels more dour than Arrow these days.

Mini-arcs are the best way to go. Unless you've got a truly cohesive story you want to tell for its own sake, full-season plots never work out, even for shorter seasons. Look at the Netflix shows.

You wanna keep going after the season is up, you're better off using deliberately shorter arcs strung together.

Top Bottom