• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Of course you want a Batman like villain, you have an extremely unhealthy obsession with Batman. Whenever I see you post I'm usually surprised if it doesn't reference Batman in some way.

The Thinker appears to be a strong candidate for next season's big bad and he's obviously a villain with an intellectual bent so that's of a similar mold.

I don't actually mean a full Batman like villain,
While watching Legends last night and Arrow this season I was thinking that i'd like Flash to go against a Merlyn/Prometheus/Vigilante type villain.
However I also wouldn't want Flash jobbing to people at that level so thats why I used Batman as the description, heck I guess Lex-like would also fit what im wanting.

Thomas Wayne is basically a joke suggestion(because we know it would never happen) however when thinking of someone that would fit that description for Flash it did pop into my head how cool it could be.
Also fits with the Flashpoint shenanigans and would be an incredible surprise that he was the villain(no Batman costume either, except after the reveal maybe).

Edit: it just seems that way, I hardly talk comics outside of Gaf. It only really comes up in comic-ish threads as well.

Maddocks

While watching Legends last night and Arrow this season I was thinking that i'd like Flash to go against a Merlyn/Prometheus/Vigilante type villain.
However I also wouldn't want Flash jobbing to people at that level so thats why I used Batman as the description.
Heck I guess Lex-like would also fit what im wanting.

Max Lord to cross universes? since you know he went missing on supergirl without a trace.

Max who?

Have they even mentioned him at all this season?

Abduct a doctor? Have Barry run her to a European hospital?

Literally anything but "have a guy with no experience do it while instructing him via a mirror?"

Barry doesn't even have to run anymore, Crisco could've just vibed a portal to some fine European hospital or any hospital in the world in seconds.

ZeroX03

Banned
However I also wouldn't want Flash jobbing to people at that level so thats why I used Batman as the description, heck I guess Lex-like would also fit what im wanting.

Thomas Wayne is basically a joke suggestion(because we know it would never happen) however when thinking of someone that would fit that description for Flash it did pop into my head how cool it could be.
Also fits with the Flashpoint shenanigans and would be an incredible surprise that he was the villain(no Batman costume either, except after the reveal maybe).

Edit: it just seems that way, I hardly talk comics outside of Gaf. It only really comes up in comic threads as well.

The Thinker could easily fit into what you want. He's tech/intellect based.

You definitely talk about Batman too much IRL

ZeroX03

Banned
We can have the Thinker lead the rouges as well and we kill two birds one stone.

A New Rogues maybe, but I don't really want them just slapping the Rogues name on any old villain team just because they can. Same with Mirror Master. Captain Cold and the ethics behind the team are why they work.

Legends really kinda fucked the formation of this show's Rogues. We also have 'two' Captain Colds in continuity, one is too villainous and the other is too heroic to really meet that middle ground.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm gonna cosign whoever said the show should just do mini arcs. Maybe 3 larger arcs containing 5 episodes, and then that leaves 8 episodes for one offs and crossovers.

dEvAnGeL

i don't even care that there wont be another episode for a month, the show is so bad now i only watch to see if they finally kill iris, i always leave disappointed of course

On board for this. Season long big bads just drag the show to a stop too often.

I say that's bad writing more than anything.

Arrow is having a helluva season with Prometheus being a good threat to Oliver and Company and he's been a threat all season.

Flash just needs to stop using its own plot beats over and over again and literally develop its cast. That's what's holding the show back, its not evolving. At least when Arrow was having its bad seasons it was trying to do something and failed. The Flash has been on season 1 tricks for the longest.

On board for this. Season long big bads just drag the show to a stop too often.

See, what's interesting is that the mini-arc format doesn't preclude season long, or even multi-season big bads; in fact, I'd say it increases their viability by letting showrunners use exactly the number and pacing of episodes they need to, without feeling compelled to try and stretch the villain over an untenable amount of airtime, or crippling the show by forcing ludicrously short seasons.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm gonna cosign whoever said the show should just do mini arcs. Maybe 3 larger arcs containing 5 episodes, and then that leaves 8 episodes for one offs and crossovers.

Yea, mini-arcs is a big part of the reason why AoS is so on point this season compared to everything else.

I say that's bad writing more than anything.

Arrow is having a helluva season with Prometheus being a good threat to Oliver and Company and he's been a threat all season.

Flash just needs to stop using its own plot beats over and over again and literally develop its cast. That's what's holding the show back, its not evolving. At least when Arrow was having its bad seasons it was trying to do something and failed. The Flash has been on season 1 tricks for the longest.
Arrow and Flash both tried having sub-big bads this season. Cutty Tobias Church was arguably better executed in that he didn't just end up being Prometheus' underling, but it's arguable that he isn't that great because we don't even remember him. Flash, meanwhile, had Draco Malfoy Dr. Alchemy, who was an interesting main villain until suddenly he wasn't.

Arrow and Flash both tried having sub-big bads this season. Cutty Tobias Church was arguably better executed in that he didn't just end up being Prometheus' underling, but it's arguable that he isn't that great because we don't even remember him. Flash, meanwhile, had Draco Malfoy Dr. Alchemy, who was an interesting main villain until suddenly he wasn't.

I remember him but Church was just a bit player to set up the new team and Prometheus' obsession with Oliver. Prometheus was always around from the start to show that he was THE villain

Dr. Alchemy was ruined by making him play on a particular Flash trope, and that's the "someone you know is the bad guy" trope and THEN ruined the chance to have a non-speedster villain by giving us the Flash's worst villain yet wo's just another speedster and then its downhill from there.

I'm not saying mini-arcs aren't nice, I'm just saying the writing isn't good enough in general and that should be the focus.

Not anymore, she isn't. She learned how to drain the heat she needed to survive without doing any permanent damage, changed her name from "Killer Frost" to "Frost" and joined Batman's Justice League:

justice-league-america-1-2017-207868.jpg

Then I'm assuming that's the direction they're eventually going towards. They need to go on with it though. Tired of the psych outs.

And how the hell does Batman have his own Justice League?

GulAtiCa

The villain worked better this year in Arrow due to Prometheus slowly getting around and staying more in the shadows. As the season went on, he/she started to slowly itch up his/her game and get involved. That works out well.

I just don't have too much faith in the writers to have a competent villain whether that's through mini-arcs or throughout the whole season after this reveal and season.

They gave it their best (possibly) with Thawne and they wrote themselves into a corner trying to outdo themselves. We see glimpses of how good these writers are but then the next episode or two it goes right back to stupidity. There is no consistency with the writing of these characters and that frustrates me.

*screams internally*

Teletraan1

Banned
What the hell has savitar been up to since he is "Back". Seen shit all from him and just a bunch of filler episodes while they slowly grind through those headlines. Boring.

caliph95

What the hell has savitar been up to since he is "Back". Seen shit all from him and just a bunch of filler episodes while they slowly grind through those headlines. Boring.
He is hanging out the same places Zoom was when he could have slaughtered the whole team when he had Barry's speed.

Barry doesn't even have to run anymore, Crisco could've just vibed a portal to some fine European hospital or any hospital in the world in seconds.

Take her to Star City - where there's a doctor who knows Oliver is the Green Arrow and can keep things on the DL.

Or Earth-38. I'm sure the DEO's medical facilities would do the trick.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't bring Supergirl's universe into this one. They could have prevented everything by borrowing Martian Manhunter and ripping the info they needed from Abra Kadabra's head.

Joni

TVLine has spoilers.

Before Season 3 of the CW hit races to an end, two characters that have never shared a scene before, will.

Which I completely not understand considering almost everything is a group scene.

jelly

Cisco was embarrassing in this episode.

Poor series, I just tune out. Everything gets resolved so fast while the main arc goes nowhere.

Abra Kadabra could've been a season long villain.

Very well could have been. But, they set themselves up to have a mystery villain. Kind of annoying as that is not really important.

What is funny is this season the big reveal was alchemy(which we all knew) and Savitar was just "the first". Now they transitioned from being about a guy who is supposed to ancient or rather, much older than Barry and Jay
::speculation to being either Jay or Barry.

I want a bad guy. A good old wholesome flash bad guy.

Caitlin turning evil on power use still makes no sense at all.

They're Mr. Freezing her. I never liked the cold emotional thing. Body head doesn't make you mean. Does it? Stupid.

How would you all honestly feel if they revealed that HR turns out to be Savitar? The mentor being the villain again and whatnot? Ignore the Future Flash = Savitar for a minute or two.

GulAtiCa

How would you all honestly feel if they revealed that HR turns out to be Savitar? The mentor being the villain again and whatnot? Ignore the Future Flash = Savitar for a minute or two.
That the writers truly know shit and are bad at this.. a mentor type situation would prob fuck them over

Top Bottom