• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Was this last episode good? I feel like between the excellent season of Arrow and the good season of Legebds, this season of Flash has been so boring Ive been forcing myself to watch.

Magwik

Banned
So I have always wondered if the other speedsters were technically faster than Barry (like Reverse Flash and Zoom) why is Barry the only one who can screw around with time travel so easily?

Also, unless Savitar requires Barry for something that directly affects in him becoming who he is, I fail to see why he is currently keeping his distance from him now only to kill Iris West in the near future when he can get over with it now. And even then won't the speed force reapers attack Savitar?

But the question that perplexes me most is how Savitar says that he's about become who is "very soon" to the present Barry but the magician guy says that he was the first person to become a speedster?
Barry is the only one dumb enough to fuck with time.
Also Savitar is the first speedster because is he is Barry.

abundant

Was this last episode good? I feel like between the excellent season of Arrow and the good season of Legebds, this season of Flash has been so boring Ive been forcing myself to watch.

It was alright, but they completely wasted someone who could have been a great season long Big Bad for a one and done episode.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It was alright, but they completely wasted someone who could have been a great season long Big Bad for a one and done episode.

Tying him to the ongoing plot of this season seemed unnecessary too. It's a catalyst for the other characters to talk about Iris' looming demise, but literally nothing came from him being there. He regurgitated information they already knew.

He had some cool tricks though. Wasted potential.

i-Lo

Barry is the only one dumb enough to fuck with time.
Also Savitar is the first speedster because is he is Barry.

A. Did you just spoil that for me, good sir?
B. Unless you mean he went to the past to become Savitar (which would make little sense because Savitar is supposed to be Russian iirc. Given they have stuck with the proper origin aliases for zoom and RFlash, it's hard to see why they'd screw with this) it's not possible.

Huh
Show comes back on April 25th and Barry goes to the year 2024, same date as on the newspaper in the time vault
I see what you did there.

So I have always wondered if the other speedsters were technically faster than Barry (like Reverse Flash and Zoom) why is Barry the only one who can screw around with time travel so easily?

Also, unless Savitar requires Barry for something that directly affects in him becoming who he is, I fail to see why he is currently keeping his distance from him now only to kill Iris West in the near future when he can get over with it now. And even then won't the speed force reapers attack Savitar?

But the question that perplexes me most is how Savitar says that he's about become who is "very soon" to the present Barry but the magician guy says that he was the first person to become a speedster?

1. The other Speedsters we've seen, Wellsobard, Zoom, Clariss, all seem to have messed with time. The only one we don't know for sure is Clariss. Wellsobard and Zoom both fucked with time too much and the Speed Force sent the Wraiths and (now Black Flash) after them.

Jay has also fucked with time travel and knows how deadly it is. He has, perhaps, been tracked down by the Wraiths but we can only speculats.

2. Savitar, and most villains, fall in the Let's give the Protagonist and his team some time and see if they can figure out what I want and how to defeat me. Savitar is in, speculation, no way in a rush to speed things up because he perhaps know that the Wraiths will come after him.

3. It's all speculation and some clues that Savitar keeps repeating. I am the Future Flash (sometimes with a comma and without). He knows too much about Barry and the crew. One big giveaway was him talking about Barry, Crisco, and E2 Wells' adventure back to his Earth. Nobody knows what happened there besides those three and the citizens of Earth-2.

The First Speedster is the only confusing part because if we go by age, Jay Garrick himself is the first Speedster. But some may argue that it is Barry who was the first Speedster. We don't know how the show handled how Jay got his powers. Jay could have received it when he was a few years younger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The "first speedster" thing is going to be hard for a lot of people to accept, I think.

Basically, the way the comics have explained it is that Barry created the Speedforce and was its first user. However, the Speedforce is an omniscient energy and once created spread across time and dimensions.

So, Jay may be older and may have gotten his powers first from a linear time perspective, but the power he is harnessing was created after him by Barry Allen.

Yeah, comics.

The "first speedster" thing is going to be hard for a lot of people to accept, I think.

Basically, the way the comics have explained it is that Barry created the Speedforce and was its first user. However, the Speedforce is an omniscient energy and once created spread across time and dimensions.

So, Jay may be older and may have gotten his powers first from a linear time perspective, but the power he is harnessing was created after him by Barry Allen.

Yeah, comics.

Yeah this too. Comics ain't gotta explain shit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Yeah, comics.

Yep. Nothing they say matters, they'll just cobble together some mumbo jumbo at the end of the season and people just gotta swallow it.

Iris is Savitar?! Yep, she was just killing her speed mirage or time remnant.

Wally is Savitar? Yep, he actually lost his mind when he was tossed into the Speed Force and took the steps to create himself as Savitar.

Snow is Savitar? Yep. She froze reality and then punched a hole in it.

The speed force gives Barry a longer leash as far as time travel goes compared to other speedsters.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Cause plot demands it.

ZeroX03

Banned
*Don't click the link if you don't want to see spoilery things*

http://i.imgur.com/j6paalE.png

VXMLrAF.gif

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
How would you all honestly feel if they revealed that HR turns out to be Savitar? The mentor being the villain again and whatnot? Ignore the Future Flash = Savitar for a minute or two.

The only way it could be dumber than that is if Savitar turns out to be Joe.

HR's highly unlikely because
Even thgouh if someone cries spoiler over this now they're insane and I wish bad things to happen to them like running into a gorilla shield... he's on the roof trying to shoot Savitar in the future vision thinggie.

Also, Barry's Speedforce prison has to be the most fucked up thing. "I'm going to trap you in your worst memory forever." Really heroic.

ZeroX03

Banned

Even thgouh if someone cries spoiler over this now they're insane and I wish bad things to happen to them like running into a gorilla shield... he's on the roof trying to shoot Savitar in the future vision thinggie.

Is that really HR's style though?

harrys-gotta-gun-the-flash-s2e6.jpg

Speed mirage.

In 2024, the future news headline states that Flash vanishes in crisis. What if our Barry causes this crisis in the future and future emo Barry is sucked into the past or "vanishes", and current Barry is lost in the speed force.

Speed Force. We ain't gotta explain shit.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Is that really HR's style though?

[/IMG]
Possibly. That magic homing bullet gun Barry stole off that one guy could cause Savitar some problems.

Savitar really does look a lot like the New 52 version of future Flash. That storyline could also explain a lot about why Barry consistently sucks so badly.

Grizzlyjin

Arrow dropping all these crazy end of season deets meanwhile nothing on the Flash side

We got another Killer Frost arc coming up! And H.R. as Savitar. How 'bout a crazy wedding? Where something happens and do-do-do-do-do

Have they considered just slipping in some half-baked excuse for her being evil as her meta powers corrupting her brain or something lol

It's pretty dumb that Caitlin just goes full on evil when she decides to freeze some water or some shit. I'm just gonna assume that is the reason for her heel turn now

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been seeing some pics for episode 23, wonder what some you guys think.

So far it's just
all of the regular cast + John Wesley Shipp (not in Jay outfit) + Wentworth Miller in some capacity
?

I think there's actually a little over a week left of filming too. So big events or guest stars may not have been shot yet.

Xenoboy

So far it's just
all of the regular cast + John Wesley Shipp (not in Jay outfit) + Wentworth Miller in some capacity
?

I think there's actually a little over a week left of filming too. So big events or guest stars may not have been shot yet.

There's a funeral, and people are thinking it's HR because he's nowhere to be seen.

Top Bottom