• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Linda and Caitlin are both ahead of Iris and Gypsy.

I'm not going to post images because it gets borderline NSFW, but y'all know how to google image search.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
People sleep on Caitlin but her pencil skirt game rivals Felicity. She just doesn't get much to do in the show so everyone forgets about her.

Regginator

So the last episode I've watched was episode 12, and I stopped watching because the "side quests" (as I like to call them) were boring me to tears. But the Savitar stuff was pretty cool. Can someone list the post-ep12 episodes where Savitar is the main focus?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So the last episode I've watched was episode 12, and I stopped watching because the "side quests" (as I like to call them) were boring me to tears. But the Savitar stuff was pretty cool. Can someone list the post-ep12 episodes where Savitar is the main focus?

15 & 16. Kinda sorta but not really on Episode 18.

Grizzlyjin

I'll give them a go, thanks!

By the way, what is the most recent episode?

Episode 18. So probably a good idea to watch that one so you're ready for the next arc.

As for Reverse Flash...Watch Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow. STAT!

ShadyK54

This is my bad. Updated rankings

Patty>Iris>Gypsy>Linda>Catilin

It should be noted that all are pretty damn solid though!

Pretty much nailed my ordering. Only thing different for me is Linda & Caitlin could take each others places.

All still beauties, though.

ZeroX03

Banned
If the show wasn't coming back in a few days, I'd be filling this thread with the GIFs. For now I can exercise a modicum of self control.

June to September though? We gonna get weird.

As for Reverse Flash...Watch Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow. STAT!

Take this advice right now. Power through Legends of Tomorrow season 2 before next week's Flash episode. And yes, you can safely ignore season 1....even though Neil Druckmann is in it.

Legends of Tomorrow season 2 is fucking amazing!

Joni

If the show wasn't coming back in a few days, I'd be filling this thread with the GIFs. For now I can exercise a modicum of self control.

June to September though? We gonna get weird.

I think that is why we're channeled in one thread. Mods only have to avoid that one instead of five separate ones.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Just watch the show properly. It's not that difficult.

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's the synopsis for #3.21 "Cause and Effect". Sounds boring, go read Arrow's instead.
DRASTIC TIMES CALL FOR DRASTIC MEASURES - Barry (Grant Gustin) takes drastic measures to stop Savitar. Meanwhile, H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) continues to push Tracy Brand (guest star Anne Dudek) to design the trap for Savitar and Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) returns with an interesting proposal. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & Lauren Certo (#321).

Grizzlyjin

Here's the synopsis for #3.21 "Cause and Effect". Sounds boring, go read Arrow's instead.

It sounds like they're having trouble coming up with a reason why Savitar wouldn't just kill the team if he interacted with them further, so Caitlin is filling the role of the gadfly monologuing villain...until the season finale.

caliph95

The guy that came up with Zoom last year got promoted to his complete surprise and now he pitches even crazier stuff.
It probably explains why the savitar plot seems to be similar to the zoom plot just stretched out and less interesting.

Also for Killer frost
i feel like i would be more excited if her fall to villainy was handled better than it was as in natural and with more agency like if she was energy vampire like the comic. Instead of her being evil just becuase

caliph95

Killer Frost being evil only works when she has Firestorm to play off of.
image.php

True but Caitlin could work if they used the energy vampire stuff to give a good reason to be a foe instead of just because

So just port Caitlyn to the Legends. Problem solved.

Actually why not bring over Cisco, Joe, and a couple of Wells while we're at it? Just sorta... salvage the salvageable characters.

So just port Caitlyn to the Legends. Problem solved.

Actually why not bring over Cisco, Joe, and a couple of Wells while we're at it? Just sorta... salvage the salvageable characters.

Yup. They have the technology to look into one's brain to figure out what's wrong with them, right? Use that shit on Frost!

ZeroX03

Banned
Three years and half of you still don't know how to spell 'Caitlin'.

The powers thing doesn't annoy me personally, but it seems like they could really easily just throw out a line like "her powers directly affect her brain chemistry causing a seismic personality shift that cannot be stopped" or whatever just to explain the being evil. If they're not going to make her a heat vampire, why not just say some mumbo jumbo so it doesn't seem so random. Especially if you think back to Earth-2, everyone had different personalities, but Killer Frost seems to track pretty similarly between the two? Why isn't Cisco evil? Weirdly inconsistent.

Grizzlyjin

I still don't get why her powers turn her evil

Bad Writing™

There's a reluctance to make Snow responsible in any way because that would change the status quo, which the show doesn't want. But this makes all her talk about guilt afterwards so fucking boring to watch because she's not responsible for her actions. The character isn't growing at all. Her feelings towards being Killer Frost have no bearing on anything because if she loses that necklace, she'll Frost Out.

It's a less compelling version of the Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk dynamic. At least there it's tied to Bruce's emotional stability. This is a pile of nothing.

caliph95

I think they just want to have their cake and eat it too. They are doing the killer frost storyline because she's a somewhat known villain and they know comic fans will like that. They either don't actually wanted to do it but felt they had to it out of obligation or they want to do it but made the powers make her evil to not rock the status quo ad like Grizz say absolve her of responsibility.

caliph95

They should just make her OP as shit. Have a constant force-field, whoever touches her will get frozen in a matter of seconds, etc.
Captain Cold can do the same thing which is how they usually explain how he even stand a chance against the flash is that he has a cold field that slows people like the flash

Captain Cold can do the same thing which is how they usually explain how he even stand a chance against the flash is that he has a cold field that slows people like the flash

Yup. Swagtain Cold has a swag-field. He should have it on the show. Maybe he does ��

They also turned him into an actual meta but I heard that wasn't the best thing ever, lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They just couldn't figure out a way to legitimately turn her into a villain and still have her be a saint the rest of the time. So the powers make her evil, because the other version of her that had powers was evil, even though it doesn't work that way for literally any other character on the show with an evil doppleganger.

Malreyn

They just couldn't figure out a way to legitimately turn her into a villain and still have her be a saint the rest of the time. So the powers make her evil, because the other version of her that had powers was evil, even though it doesn't work that way for literally any other character on the show with an evil doppleganger.

That's because with her powers even her heart is.......
Cold as Ice

I'll see myself out

Sesha

Caitlin gives the writers brain freeze.

... Interfering with the timeline, radicalizing a Caitlin, conspiring with a traitorous Wells, how do you plead?

How is this even fair, our lawyer is a Barry.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

Really good one, too. I laughed heartily.

Xenoboy

They should just say that Caitlin is projecting her powers as her darkness, and the only reason she becomes totally diferent is because her darkness is so strong.

Joni

Maybe Earth-2 Barry would be evil as well with powers like Earth-1 Barry.

Top Bottom