• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Here's the thing. This season of Arrow came after some really bad dips so just cuz this season of Flash sucks doesn't mean future seasons won't be good.

It just is so heavy handed now. Need more Dominators.

arrow s5 is solid but not worth the time investment of s3 and s4

i think i'm gonna cut my losses on nearly all of the cw dc shows. legends still has my attention for another season.

LotusHD

Banned
The One and Done™;237603735 said:
This season is like when you're masturbating and suddenly something triggers in your brain and it completely throws you off your girth stroke. But you still keep beating it and you get that weird cum drizzle from your semi as opposed to a burst from a hardened spout. Then your spouse catches you mid tip cleanup. That's precisely what this season is like.

cringe.gif

Damn, just say you don't like it next time.

Slayven

No, if this turns out to be true, it'd be a horrible way to end this season.

Completely undoing the season basically tells the viewers that this season doesn't matter. It's an easy way to piss them off and pretty much any show that's done stuff like this before are always panned for doing it.
If they tell people 22 hours of their lives don't matter, they might as well fake their deaths and move to another country

The problem with Flash is they leaned into concepts that were built over a decade of story telling way to hard and fast. Without doing what comic writers did, balance it with character growth. If you go back and read the runs that laid down the speed force you will see yes they get crazy with pseudo science bullshit, but that is such a small part of it. You got wally becoming a grown ass man, his relationship with Linda blossoming, building a relationship with Jay, Bart, and the extended flash family.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Getting this thread back on track, what do you think will happen to Jay Garrick next season? I really hope they stop throwing him underneath the bus.

I think him and Jesse will continue to be guest stars. Unless Wally is written off the show. Narratively, it's hard to see Jay's purpose when you got Joe for sage-like wisdom. And they seem to struggle with scenarios that would test 3 speedsters, so Jesse gotta go.

Slayven

The season finale last scene should be Max Mercury showing up, slapping the shit out of Barry and saying "Get up boy, you about to learn today"

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People, if you're gonna post your dumb shit then make sure it is in green or red Times New Roman over a screenshot of a show you think you're smarter than.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hope they pull a N52 and Speed Force the shit out of old Jay Garrick and we get a newer and younger Jay Garrick. Yes, just to see the world burn. Stuck in the Speed Force for so long he begins to de-age and out comes a younger Jay Garrick. The reactions will be glorious.

😏
I would like this.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So if I'm a writer on this show I roll with the Rebirth storyline.

I start by having Wally healed for the finale. Barry is despondent and falling into that dark path. Wally decides that he's not letting it happen and HE enters the speedforce to try to reset everything.

At that point in the episode, I'd have shown Killer Frost wrecking Cisco's hands as well. Barry is despondent. But once Wally goes in, he starts to see things reset. Iris is alive. Cisco gets his hands back, Caitlyn stops being Killer Frost, etc.

Episode ends with Barry, snapping to it, saying, "Where's Wally?"
Joe: "Who's Wally?"

Fast forward to S4. First episode is Wally trying to escape from the Speedforce. Jay sees him and doesn't know him or how to help. He reaches out to the Legends who don't remember him. Cisco doesn't remember him. Arrow/Felicity sense a presence in the cave and nothing. (They can even see a smiley face pin on the floor afterwards if CW will be allowed to roll with Watchmen characters, which I doubt.)

Episode ends with him trying to reach out to Barry, who at this point is convinced by everyone else that there never was a Wally. Just like the comic.

But then he remembers. BOOM. Pulls Wally out and we have Wally back.
End of season 4 premier

That way you can easily pull in Godspeed as one of your big bads for next season. However, you can also have that revealed later on, after they take down Abra Cadabra or something at midseason.

Barry can be trying to open up Star Labs as a place for other speedsters who have popped up. These people can keep disappearing, some dying. Nobody sure why but they're convinced it's Abra Cadabra. Then they finally stop him, only to find out that Cadabra knew absolutely nothing about the missing speedsters. You get the whole fear between Barry and Wally that maybe they didn't kill Savitar, only to realize that it was someone far far worse.

I dunno. It'd be better than this season I think lol

The One and Done™;237603735 said:
This season is like when you're masturbating and suddenly something triggers in your brain and it completely throws you off your girth stroke. But you still keep beating it and you get that weird cum drizzle from your semi as opposed to a burst from a hardened spout. Then your spouse catches you mid tip cleanup. That's precisely what this season is like.

came here​ to make this exact post but you beat me to it

MartyStu

So if I'm a writer on this show I roll with the Rebirth storyline.

I start by having Wally healed for the finale. Barry is despondent and falling into that dark path. Wally decides that he's not letting it happen and HE enters the speedforce to try to reset everything.

At that point in the episode, I'd have shown Killer Frost wrecking Cisco's hands as well. Barry is despondent. But once Wally goes in, he starts to see things reset. Iris is alive. Cisco gets his hands back, Caitlyn stops being Killer Frost, etc.

Episode ends with Barry, snapping to it, saying, "Where's Wally?"
Joe: "Who's Wally?"

Fast forward to S4. First episode is Wally trying to escape from the Speedforce. Jay sees him and doesn't know him or how to help. He reaches out to the Legends who don't remember him. Cisco doesn't remember him. Arrow/Felicity sense a presence in the cave and nothing. (They can even see a smiley face pin on the floor afterwards if CW will be allowed to roll with Watchmen characters, which I doubt.)

Episode ends with him trying to reach out to Barry, who at this point is convinced by everyone else that there never was a Wally. Just like the comic.

But then he remembers. BOOM. Pulls Wally out and we have Wally back.
End of season 4 premier

That way you can easily pull in Godspeed as one of your big bads for next season. However, you can also have that revealed later on, after they take down Abra Cadabra or something at midseason.

Barry can be trying to open up Star Labs as a place for other speedsters who have popped up. These people can keep disappearing, some dying. Nobody sure why but they're convinced it's Abra Cadabra. Then they finally stop him, only to find out that Cadabra knew absolutely nothing about the missing speedsters. You get the whole fear between Barry and Wally that maybe they didn't kill Savitar, only to realize that it was someone far far worse.

I dunno. It'd be better than this season I think lol

You lost me at new speedster villain. You REALLY lost me at a ton of new speedsters.

The show needs to lay off of speedsters for a few seasons.

Godspeed would be pretty cool eventually, but only as part of a small arc that DID NOT have him as the main villain.

The more you time travel, the less the rules apply to you.

I know this is a bit of a meme, but I REALLY like the idea of the speed force essentially being a massive paradox engine.

abundant

You lost me at new speedster villain. You REALLY lost me at a ton of new speedsters.

Godspeed would be pretty cool eventually, but only as part of a small arc that DID NOT have him as the main villain.

Exactly. One of the biggest criticisms they need to address is the fact that the past 2 seasons were, more or less, a retread of season 1. The easiest way to fix that is to not have a speedsters as the big bad.

CryptiK

If they want to do another speedster do what they did with The Rival keep it an ultra small arc, and have the big bad be something else.

caliph95

Lol remember rival
Code:
[IMG]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/0/09/14e984abf973416c8d0e2dd2cf3682d72e9c255d.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160929174228[/IMG]
"I have no rival thats why i call myself rival"

Someone else explain the Savitar loop to me.

Barry fights Savitar in future, traps him in speedforce, but not before speed clone Barry is made and abused by Savitar.

Savitar who was trapped is let loose from speedforce trap in the past by Wally.

Where the hell does speed clone Barry/Savitar fit into this?

Alternatively, in the future speed clone Barry becomes the Savitar that is trapped/let out in the past, in which case where is the Savitar that created him?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.

I know this is a bit of a meme, but I REALLY like the idea of the speed force essentially being a massive paradox engine.

You can NEVER have enough Speedsters!

Eh you're right. They can't even manage the ones they have as it is.

So who do they use for a new villain next season? Grodd maybe? Logically it'd be cool but I'm not sure if they can afford Grodd for 15 episodes.

caliph95

Someone else explain the Savitar loop to me.

Barry fights Savitar in future, traps him in speedforce, but not before speed clone Barry is made and abused by Savitar.

Savitar who was trapped is let loose from speedforce trap in the past by Wally.

Where the hell does speed clone Barry/Savitar fit into this?

Alternatively, in the future speed clone Barry becomes the Savitar that is trapped/let out in the past, in which case where is the Savitar that created him?
time remnant wasn't abused after savitar was trapped the team "shunned him cuasing him to go crazy and decide god feels no pain and went back in past to be the "first" speedster and god becoming someone else something else

DeathyBoy

Banned
Have you seen the current Arrow thread?

I pop in on occasion. But the second there was a less than great episode the worst of the worst returned to continue their creepy hatred of Felicity.

LOT S3 thread is already on my ignore list. It's not the shows, it's the threads.

caliph95

I pop in on occasion. But the second there was a less than great episode the worst of the worst returned to continue their creepy hatred of Felicity.

LOT S3 thread is already on my ignore list. It's not the shows, it's the threads.
Not sure about gaf but god reddit thread are obnoxious with that am not even a fan of felicity. Flash is shit too for different reasons

Hopefully Wally is still Kid Flash in season 4, I found it messed up Ollie had like 3 sidekicks and a whole team of vigilantes but Barry was mostly alone in season 1 and 2, I also hope Cisco does more hero stuff in public too. You guys think we will get another Reverse Flash appearence in season 4? I mean at this point they dont even have to explain how hes back lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hopefully Wally is still Kid Flash in season 4, I found it messed up Ollie had like 3 sidekicks and a whole team of vigilantes but Barry was mostly alone in season 1 and 2, I also hope Cisco does more hero stuff in public too. You guys think we will get another Reverse Flash appearence in season 4? I mean at this point they dont even have to explain how hes back lol.

I suspect they'll retire him for a few seasons. Too much of a good thing and all.

Well it's a good effort, but time remnants were after Iris death according to future Barry, so it doesn't work. Also surely Barry would realise Savitar change, or notice 2 of them exist?

The future flash team is really dumb if you stop and think about it,

And what about Reverse Flash, he didn't get stranded after flashpoint and went on the Legends show so who now teaches Barry on the timeline. I guess since hes a super anomaly ill let it side.

I'm sure this probably sums up the whole thing about Savitar and the time paradoxes best

60fCZl0.gif

Lol, I mean, everyone here knows this shit stopped making any sense whatsoever when they revealed who Savitar was, so I don't even know why we're trying to figure out. I doubt the writers even care at this point.

Prologue

I like this season. Had some nice relationship moments. Just wished they expanded more on emo barry. let me see those struggles. Feels like a missed opportunity.

ZeroX03

Banned
Season Finale day!

Gonna start with a little bit of news, Aaron Helbing (a writer of tonight's episode) is leaving his position as co-showrunner and will not be with the show next season. His brother will remain with the show. Also yes there's an official S4 synopsis, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

#3.23 "Finish Line"
Episode Promo
MASSIVE SPOILERS, YOU ARE WARNED:
SEASON FINALE - With nothing left to lose, Barry (Grant Gustin) takes on Savitar in a disappointing conclusion to season three. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#323)
fla323a-0193b-997004.jpg

fla323b-0026b-997001.jpg

Top Bottom