• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

caliph95

Barry is not gone he will be off for at most two episodes or timeskip and have him back for a reason also drama about his mother in speedforce jail

caliph95

Fuck it let's make Iris a speedster
3224855-lady+flash.jpg

3224856-ladyflash.jpg

I feel like they could use this to actually write Barry as more confident and more heroic. I thought the finale was fine, though the season did suck.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
More than killing off Iris, yeah.

Too many people here and in the Arrow OT have been like "Kill Iris/Felicity/Laurel"

Need to hop off thay shit.

I'll fight anyone who says kill Laurel but both Iris and Felicity have long since overstayed their welcomes in their respective shows in my opinion.

Iris just needs to have storylines around her job and personal agency. When she's written as, like, Barry's love interest who doesn't seem to have a life outside of that, there's not much to latch onto.

It's funny how in the Flashpoint episode, she the brains behind Wally's Flash. Maybe we see that dynamic a bit next season.

LionPride

Banned
I'll fight anyone who says kill Laurel but both Iris and Felicity have long since overstayed their welcomes in their respective shows in my opinion.
So I guess you conveintly forgot how awful the character if Laurel was when she was with Oliver. The CW shows have a problem that I've stated many times, they can't write SOs. At all. Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Legends, all the shows deal with this. And people like you, who can't figure out how to fix a character beyond killing them because you don't like them, fuck up shows.

I feel like I can't be the first one to think this, but I didn't see anyone mention it. Seems pretty obvious to me that Barry will become the Black Flash since Frost killed Hunter, but instead of a shambling zombie, he'll just be Barry in a black suit. And they'll pull some bullshit where he can leave the Speedforce for a little while before it goes crazy to help Team Flash and/or Wally will continuously run into the Speedforce to ask him how to deal with blah blah.

Billfisto

This is not ture at all, Barrys never killed any of his main villian in all three seasons. You can't find a worst hero then Barry Allen. He actually fails at being a villian too. He's a total failure as a hero and villian. I hope Kid Flash next seasons the real deal.

"Main" villains, maybe, but he's definitely been out for blood against jobbers like Girder, Atom Smasher, and Sand Demon.

Barry wasn't removed from the timeline yet. I imagine they could go check again and the story would be different.

The Speed Force has been portrayed as being pretty Anti-Time Travel / Anti-Meddling with the Timeline. It showing up specifically to meddle with the timeline is either dumb writing, hypocrisy on it's part, or just means Barry's stay there will be temporary so the written events still come to pass.

LotusHD

Banned

I mean you say that, but uh, Laurel has been annoying me for the longest time, while Felicity at one point used to be a cool character, and Iris hasn't done anything as annoying as the stuff Laurel has done over the seasons. (Her main issue is that they just don't give her anything to do imo) Just all that baggage the character had permanently soured me on her. That's part of why I like Black Siren. While it's quite the awkward situation if they try to redeem her, not that I know where they'll take it, but the actress is clearly having a much more enjoyable time playing as her, minus said baggage.

I never wanted Laurel to die, but uh, between her and Iris, only the latter's death (when it may have been real at the time) made me sad. With her death, I was like "Welp, won't lie, next season will probably be better now." While Iris dying on the other hand, she barely does again to begin with, and I'm already tired of Emo Barry and co., so that certainly wouldn't improve anything.

Admittedly, Felicity at times is kind of picking up Laurel's slack by doing similar stuff I disliked Laurel for doing, but she's the magical tech girl, more or less eternally useful. :p

But yea, deaths aside, I don't really blame anyone for liking those two over Laurel. Regardless, better writing is needed for the both of them. S5 has tried with Felicity to mixed results, hopefully Flash S4 will do more for Iris.

So what happens to RF now that Barry is out of commission?

Shouldn't that create a paradox?

Fuck shouldn't Savitar not existing create another singularity?

Guessing you haven't watched Legends RF
was erased by Black Flash

Also speedforce
and inconsistent writing

I did but remnants of him should still be a thing in Flash.

If that wasn't he case then they should be changes in the timeline like Cisco turning into Casper.

caliph95

Didn't they made point with RF
with the whole legion disappearing that he doesn't exist anymore or is that time remnent bullshit

Billfisto

Whatever happened with the whole plotline of Greg Grunberg being suspicious of Flash or whatever?

And I thought Barry's Time-Meddling led to Piper being an ally of the team?

All these plot threads just being dropped everywhere.

This talk of Barry's return is giving me Flashpoint flashbacks. I also think it would be great to have Wally as The Flash for a while and keep Barry in the background (I'm thinking of Fringe, season 4). However, this will totally be like Flashpoint - one episode and done.

tci

Can we talk about gravity being faster than Savatar? The chase with the tree cutting almost made me turn that shit off.

So yea, this season have been shit. I am saying good bye to the entire CW personally. It is clear they can't make series for more than 1 season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can we talk about gravity being faster than Savatar? The chase with the tree cutting almost made me turn that shit off.

So yea, this season have been shit. I am saying good bye to the entire CW personally. It is clear they can't make series for more than 1 season.

I think writing suffers when there aren't rules. Supergirl sorta has the same issue, but to a lesser extent. The speed force on this show is a more nebulous concept than alien superpowers. In Flash, things just happen because of the speed force. When a show is more grounded, you have to come up with plausible explanations for why a character would walk away from their friends, why a city is in danger, etc. The speed force is a crutch for the writing in this show.

It doesn't mean they can't do speed force stories and make them interesting. It just means that even the physics defying speed force needs rules. It's like when a show has magic in it. If you don't establish "the rules" then shit can just happen and nothing matters. The rules can be a little vague. They can even be broken sometimes. But there has to be some sorta...boundary. Every season is a clean slate with these kinda shows. So you never know. They might get it together

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think writing suffers when there aren't rules. Supergirl sorta has the same issue, but to a lesser extent. The speed force on this show is a more nebulous concept than alien superpowers. In Flash, things just happen because of the speed force. When a show is more grounded, you have to come up with plausible explanations for why a character would walk away from their friends, why a city is in danger, etc. The speed force is a crutch for the writing in this show.

It doesn't mean they can't do speed force stories and make them interesting. It just means that even the physics defying speed force needs rules. It's like when a show has magic in it. If you don't establish "the rules" then shit can just happen and nothing matters. The rules can be a little vague. They can even be broken. But there has to be some sorta...boundary. Every season is a clean slate with these kinda shows. So you never know. They might get it together
1000000% agree with all of this. As a game designer myself, we have rules we set up for how the character can interact with the world around them. If you break the rules, there must be a reason SHOWN to the audience to explain how or why. Flash has gotten to the point where they don't care anymore to do that last part. They break rules all the time and never come back to it. It's frustrating as a fan and viewer of their content.

Top Bottom