• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made a video of the loading times in->out and out->in

Last video for today.

https://vid.me/5kSk

Fast traveling can take up to one minute.

I'll just play the Witcher 3 instead, almost 30 seconds load times whenever you enter or leave a larger-ish building....just no...there has to be room for improvements, especially considering how not-impressive the visuals are.

See you all at 1.66 or how many patches it will take.

Please tell me this isn't real.

The shit this game gets away with...

Yeah, man, those Bethesda games, nobody's ever critical toward them. Especially not around here.

There's a guy acting like a fanboy... toward a video game? Man, the shit that only Bethesda gets away with...

AHindD

Errghh...
Gz8NUjT6AxLrQIDdy-ZSBciTdJEzzkvUtzIb112AmvGdqQwp-zl1PVcFEz381tYoxmpV3n5b=w348-h323-nc

Damn do I ever hope the game turns out amazing. Never thought my hype could be so low for the follow up to one of my fave games of all time.

Long load times, sketchy frame rate, underwhelming graphics, less RPG depth?? :(

Isn't it obvious? They want the deliberately gimped version to be out among reviewers so they can trash it in the reviews and drive everyone to the superior Xbox version.

That makes no sense any game company will always want the best version of there game and hide back the worse version. They want the game sell as much as possible they won't cut off there own legs.

Zunja

I feel like I'm part of the problem for some of the people on here. I watched all those videos and they didn't bother me at all. As long as games are around 30fps and good to play I'm chill with it.

I'm of course not trying to dismiss anyones complaints but for someone like me those two things in their current state are non issues and I'm just plain excited.

I guess will have to wait till tomorrow to see of any reviews comment on this or if they just completely ignore it then we will have for digital.

Things I've wanted in Bethesda OWG since Morrowind:

1. Co-op
2. Seamless transitions going into a house(no loads, and seeing your character open the door and just walk in)
3. Seeing your characters feet.

How many of those have happened since Morrowind?

None

Bethesda is well known for releasing extremely buggy games and then patching fixes in for the next 6 months.

Trying to cover this up is not a smart move. What the hell are they thinking deleting and banning people?

Any time you post about bugs in a game's official forum before its official release, you risk getting banned. Reviewers are under embargo, other people might be pirates or game-store employees who took it home when they weren't supposed to, and of course it's always possible a day-1 patch may show up on release day. So the ban isn't abnormal nor unexpected, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a coverup either.

JawzPause

When we have games like MGS5 which are 1080p/60fps with better graphics than this and are also open world, bethesda have no excuses to not be hitting a solid 30fps

I'll just play the Witcher 3 instead, almost 30 seconds load times whenever you enter or leave a larger-ish building....just no...there has to be room for improvements, especially considering how not-impressive the visuals are.

See you all at 1.66 or how many patches it will take.

Sorry, CD Projekt Red must give me the nearly minute long loading screen every time Geralt dies as a period of mourning...?

Lucreto

I feel like I'm part of the problem for some of the people on here. I watched all those videos and they didn't bother me at all. As long as games are around 30fps and good to play I'm chill with it.

I'm of course not trying to dismiss anyones complaints but for someone like me those two things in their current state are non issues and I'm just plain excited.

I agree with you. I watched the videos and I didn't notice the problems. It didn't bother me for a second.

I think it is all overblown just like the Reddit user and Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

system11

I could see the problem - it got very jumpy in places and I'm sure the DF article will prove entertaining.

A first person shooter at 30fps is already a failure. If you're going to fail at least do it gracefully and maintain that 30.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
When we have games like MGS5 which are 1080p/60fps with better graphics than this and are also open world, bethesda have no excuses to not be hitting a solid 30fps

In Bethesdas defense MGSV is probably the only other open world that's sparcer than Bethesdas fallout offerings

You couldn't see the insane judder/drop in frame rate going through the hole in the wall or most any doors?

Well MGS5 is a very limited world and its interaction. Also there is really a very limited AI Routine for the most part when exploring the free roam. Its world offers very little depth in comparison to Bethesdas.

Zunja

You couldn't see the insane judder/drop in frame rate going through the hole in the wall or most any doors?

I never said I couldn't?? If you read my post I said I watched it and nothing in it bothered me. So I'm not sure what you are asking me. Like I said the videos didn't really bother me.

Kathian

Banned
Am just hoping the game has not dived too far into fps mechanics for the shooting because with that framerate it could lead to quite a frustrating and unenjoyable experience.

Sorry, CD Projekt Red must give me the nearly minute long loading screen every time Geralt dies as a period of mourning...?

Oh, TW3's load times are bad as well ? That sucks.

I just don't like constant interruptions when you are supposed to be in the flow of the game (like some PS1 and PS2 JRPGs sodomized you with long load times whenever a battle started).

It's certainly not ideal, but I don't think Witcher 3 is a game where you die frequently ( in contrast to...say....Bloodborne).

Tsosie

Okay, I have been on media blackout for this game since announcement. Now I am worried. Looks like I have to break the blackout and watch those videos.

The frame drops don't bother me, but the loading time is really disappointing. Nothing takes me out a game more than being forced to stare at a long-ass loading screen every time I want to enter or exit a building.

I never said I couldn't?? If you read my post I said I watched it and nothing in it bothered me. So I'm not sure what you are asking me. Like I said the videos didn't really bother me.

This isn't some frame pacing issue where you might not notice it unless you're an enthusiast. This is blatantly obvious and breaks immersion. What's more is that these drops don't have a justification. In a game where explosions and heavy smoke and shadowing occur and we see drops we expect it.

Nothing is happening here to justify these massive drops that are constant across the board in thee scenarios of which there are many.

Vamphuntr

Well to be fair the "open worlds" of MGSV are pretty barren and empty. The game also doesn't memorize the position and states of every objects in the environment.

roytheone

I think it helps that the amount of times you will be looking at a loading screen will probably be way lower in the Witcher, since that game doesn't have loading when entering/leaving buildings.

Johndoey

Banned
MGS5 has a comparatively completely barren and lifeless open world totally lacking in the diverse content Bethesda games tend to supply, yours is a heavily flawed comparison MGSV simply is nowhere near as large or complex as Fallout 4 will be. With that stated Fallout 4 sounds worse and worse every time I hear about it glad I didn't pre-order.

DOWN

Banned
The issue is unacceptable, but who the hell twitches the camera around like the first vid? That was the most glaring annoyance in the video. The frame rate issue seemed a bit mild and certainly mild relative to how a less hyper player would move the camera and use VATS

The issue is unacceptable, but who the hell twitches the camera around like the first vid? That was the most glaring annoyance in the video. The frame rate issue seemed a bit mild and certainly mild relative to how a less hyper player would move the camera and use VATS

He just moved the camera around like that to show the problem.

Sounds exactly like Fallout 3 based on those points.

Yeah but that was back in like 2008. RPG'S, at least for me, have come a long way since then. For example, Witcher 3's gorgeous graphics, minimal loading times, great character models, smooth animations, stellar dialogue, etc. My expectation was that Fallout 4 would make big strides. Also, I actually thought Fallout 3 looked quite nice on PS3 at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom