• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete on Skyrim PS3

skyrimc7s1z.png

You can't compare them. Once is fantasy and one is post-apocalypse. Apples and bowling balls.

On the one hand, I'm seeing complaints about framerate and bugs, and I've seen some videos myself where these issues exist. On the other hand, I saw a half hour gameplay video of the game with a lot of combat on YouTube, and it seemed perfectly fine. I'm really confused. Hope Digital Foundry do an analysis soon.

Hazu

I can't even see the difference between 30 and 60 fps, so I don't really care about these frame drops.

People need to relax, the game is going to be great regardless.

I'm betting the awful framerate in that room is because of the smoke and dust effects since PS4 for some reason has issues with smoke-like effects.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I can't even see the difference between 30 and 60 fps, so I don't really care about these frame drops.

From what I've seen in the videos, it's not even as subtle as that distinction.

It's like GoldenEye N64 multiplayer choppy :p You'll see it.

Ooccoo

Pete Hines is in marketing. All marketers are liars btw (to some extent). He doesn't care if the game runs like crap on consoles, he knows people will buy it and they'll patch it later. This is the how gamers like their products now, and they keep proving publishers this is true. It only works in this industry because gamers allowed business to take advantage of them by releasing incomplete products at full price (and asking us to preorder). Bethesda even sells a season pass that we know NOTHING about. This is absolutely crazy. There needs to be a revolution. You can even draw parallels with the current economy, everything is going down the shitter and this leads only to mass riots, social unrest and bloodshed. Welcome to the century of anti-humans.

Wagram

The response from Pete Hines is hilarious; what do people want him to say? Yes; it runs like shit please don't buy our game kthx.

Aenima

Are people really expecting him to say it runs poorly? Like he's going to admit the game his company made has issues.

It would be nice if he aknowloged the issues and told they are working to inprove the game. Like CDPR did.

Instead he lies to not hurt those pre-orders.

Some people claiming to have the game are saying it runs just fine, clearly some people say the opposite. There's so much anecdotal evidence running through the river of gaf this week, man. Shout out to people trying to be civil and understanding how circumstantial everything is at this point, both reasonably positive and reasonably critical side. But man, the knee-jerk reactions and hyperbole are some of the most sever I've seen on gaf this year.

Wallach

Pete Hines is in marketing. All marketers are liars btw (to some extent). He doesn't care if the game runs like crap on consoles, he knows people will buy it and they'll patch it later. This is the how gamers like their products now, and they keep proving publishers this is true. It only works in this industry because gamers allowed business to take advantage of them by releasing incomplete products at full price (and asking us to preorder). Bethesda even sells a season pass that we know NOTHING about. This is absolutely crazy. There needs to be a revolution. You can even draw parallels with the current economy, everything is going down the shitter and this leads only to mass riots, social unrest and bloodshed. Welcome to the century of anti-humans.

This is it. Fallout 4 is what starts the human revolution.

We never asked for this.

Johndoey

Banned
Just imagine.

You took off work Tuesday to play Fallout 4 all day long. You've been waiting for this moment your whole life, or really, since New Vegas. You've never been more hyped in your life for something.

You put the disc in the tray, it whirls and starts up. The tutorial section begins, and your boner is at maximum already. Suddenly, the game starts jumping around. It's moving at 1FPS!

Confused, you reboot your system. Same shit is happening. You reinstall, system restore, and try again. 1FPS prevails.

Attempting to play through the pain, you try and put in your character's name. It's aokjdfsa because the game isn't registering any of your button presses. The character creation looks like the PC was hit with a hammer.

Suddenly, your PS4 starts to smoke, and your boss is calling. He's wondering why you aren't at work, even though you took off. As you bumble through the conversation, your PS4 turns into an inside bonfire!

As you rush to put out the flames, you hit your computer on accident. Tell Me Lies starts playing, Todd Howard's face appears on the screen.

This is the future you've chosen, NeoGAF.

My god I see it now .

Corpekata

Banned
From what I've seen in the videos, it's not even as subtle as that distinction.

It's like GoldenEye N64 multiplayer choppy :p You'll see it.

The type of person that goes around saying they can't see FPS differences and to calm down, the game is going to be great guys! is unlikely to see it. Game could be running on Powerpoint and they wouldn't notice.

People should really stop appealing to feelings in a discussion. It's subverting the issues and condescending to say the least. Nobody needs your opinion for validation.

JoeBoy101

That was a catholic religion dark joke, im sorry if u didnt got it, maybe u dont know the dark side and past of some catholic priests.

To be clear i was not comparing Bugthesda to a child molester, i was comparing Bugthesda with a Religion, that can do many things wrong and always get away with it because is praised by so many.

And people think the Bethesda defense force is overbearing? Yeesh.

sdornan

Truly a pivotal moment in our species' history. Write and call your government representatives. This is our chance to turn the tide.

Gurish

Didn't Bethesda send review copies on the PS4?

And this is while they are co marketing with MS, so they certainly think PS4's version is at least a little more polished.

Here are the videos I was talking about

Xbox way better going by the videos but about 20-30% of the time looked as bad as PS4. I don't think I could play the PS4 version, that was painful.

I don't know how these were captured or encoded or if PS4's own capture is any good, also patches etc so I'll wait to see. While this is Bethesda, surely they aren't releasing a game running this poorly.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The type of person that goes around saying they can't see FPS differences and to calm down, the game is going to be great guys! is unlikely to see it. Game could be running on Powerpoint and they wouldn't notice.

Well for me personally, I can see the difference between 30fps and 60fps just fine. But I don't care which it is. 30fps is fine with me. Hell you could put it to 24fps with motion blur and call it "filmic" and I'd buy it. So I'm framerate agnostic, within reason.

But this.... this looks visibly choppy. I think people would notice, even if they don't know what framerate is. They'd see it start to chug along slowly and it would be disappointing. Whether or not they'd ultimately care is another story...

Doran902

Xbox way better going by the videos but about 20-30% of the time looked as bad as PS4. I don't think I could play the PS4 version, that was painful.

I don't know how these were captured or encoded or if PS4's own capture is any good, also patches etc so I'll wait to see. While this is Bethesda, surely they aren't releasing a game running this poorly.

I bought Skyrim and Fallout 3 at launch on ps3 and they both ran much worse than this imo. Fallout also had tons of game breaking bugs on ps3. Still beat both and loved both but maybe that makes me crazy.

I'm not upset by the frame drops because I was expecting them to run like garbage. Still pre ordered it they make fantastic games.

RPGam3r

I don't feel like anyone has taken advantage of me, I also don't think this runs like crap. I bought the season pass already too.

I'll join the anti-revolution, see you on the battle field.

Kusagari

The people saying 30 FPS doesn't matter are acting like this is a set 30 FPS.

The dips are noticeable as all hell and saying you can't see them is unbelievable.

Senketsu

This game will win GOTY awards left and right regardless of its performance. Kind of a shame because The Witcher 3 delivered the most beautiful open world game I have ever played this year.

Doran902

They went above and beyond in specs. They put twice the ram most people were expecting. What else did you want them to do ?

They didn't go above and beyond imo. They needed to sell the consoles at a loss with better gpus and slightly better cpus to go above and beyond but instead they played it safe. Ram is cheap as hell. I'm hoping for a short generation because we are already seeing games 2 years in running poorly and some on one console doing it at sub 1080p in 2015. 8 years of this will suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

SexyFish

Banned
This game will win GOTY awards left and right regardless of its performance. Kind of a shame because The Witcher 3 delivered the most beautiful open world game I have ever played this year.

...And the Witcher 3 had performance issues on launch on PS4 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom