• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a catholic religion dark joke, im sorry if u didnt got it, maybe u dont know the dark side and past of some catholic priests.

To be clear i was not comparing Bugthesda to a child molester, i was comparing Bugthesda with a Religion, that can do many things wrong and always get away with it because is praised by so many.

Wonderfully edgy there.

OmahaG8

I can't keep up. Are people joking they are switching from PS4 to XBO? Those that are - are you doing that based on anything other than a gut feeling?

So basically the same as Witcher 3 or worse?

Well, poor frame-rates affect first-person games much more than third-person games, so that wouldn't be a fantastic comparison.

Probably. Just because it was buggy on PC doesn't mean they didn't optimise the fuck out of it on their development PC for E3

Well, they would have most likely had final code by then in that particular instance, but yeah I get what you're saying.

I've just sold my ps4, I can't believe Bethesda done this. Going to buy an Xbox One tomorrow and play the exact same game with the same problems but be happier because I made a knee jerk reaction....

If you care that much about performance play it on PC.

I can't keep up. Are people joking they are switching from PS4 to XBO? Those that are - are you doing that based on anything other than a gut feeling?

I own both systems, why not? If I'm wrong, I play the same game either way.

I was mainly buying on Xbox for streaming so it just kind of works out.

rjinaz

I've just sold my ps4, I can't believe Bethesda done this. Going to buy an Xbox One tomorrow and play the exact same game with the same problems but be happier because I made a knee jerk reaction....

You had me for a second.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm not saying I think the Xbox One version will be equal/the superior version (and I'm definitely not biased having just now dropped $64.19 on the digital download XB1 version of the game) but...

People who think the XB1 version will be equal or better than the PS4 version have adequate evidence to support that. Not enough to draw a definite conclusion obviously, but let's take a look at the facts here:

• During the Fallout 4 reveal at E3, all gameplay footage was on PERSONAL COMPUTER, but had the Xbox button prompts on screen.
  • During the short Fallout 4 bit at E3 during the Xbox press conference, Todd Howard got on stage and explained how Bethesda has had a great relationship with Microsoft and the Xbox brand since Xbox 360. Note that, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Fallout 4 had no appearance like this during the Sony/PlayStation E3 conference.
  • The Xbox One version of Fallout 4 is getting mods first.
  • Bethesda has advertised special edition Fallout 4-themed Xbox One controllers.
  • On the Xbox Wire, Microsoft has created blog posts specifically dedicated to Fallout 4 and bundles including it. I would love to be wrong here but I don't remember any PS.Blog posts about Fallout 4.
  • There is an official Xbox One bundle including Fallout 4 advertised on the Xbox website, complete with its own Fallout-branded packaging. While I'm pretty sure there are deals going on that include free copies of Fallout 4 with a PS4 purchase, such a deal cannot be compared to an officially sanctioned and manufactured bundle of the game.
  • GameSpot and IGN, as well as an outlet that someone mentioned earlier in this thread, all received Xbox One versions of the Pip-Boy Edition. But Giant Bomb received a PS4 version? This is where things get blurry.

E1: Yes, this is all indicative of a marketing deal, but I seriously doubt they would be doing all this if the Xbox One version was trash. If that's how it turns out, I will be shocked.

This is really sad man.

KORNdoggy

I have no idea why but it's clear from that video that one is performing worse

Its still sadly not a like for like comparsion. The path taken is different, the things in view are different and in the xbox footage the player pauses twice, almost like they're alowing the game to catch up. We need DF.

Astarte

Praise Bugthesda!!! Its like a religion, they could molest children but they will always get away with it.

Now get in ur knees and give me ur money.

image.php

For real dude. I think Bethesda's output is garbage but it doesn't need this kinda response.

ogbg

I'm not saying it's definitive evidence but look at the previous page. There are 2 videos in very similar areas on the 2 consoles

wotta

I have both versions. I believe this to be a fuss over nothing.
I wouldn't cancel your order based on that video personally.

jelly

Is this like people thinking Ubisoft gimped AC Black Flag but they then released a native 1080p patch for PS4.

Bethesda are just lacklustre across the board.

ogbg

Its still sadly not a like for like comparsion. The path taken is different, the things in view are different and in the xbox footage the player pauses twice, almost like they're alowing the game to catch up. We need DF.

True, and the XB1 video wasn't exactly blemish free, but the PS4 one was noticeable shocking

EDIT: Actually, yeah, watching it again they do seem to pause at just those moments on the XB1 video where presumably the asset streaming burden is highest on the PS4 version

i don't have a pc that can run this game.

psychotron

Was thinking the same thing. The camera pans were slower and I kept saying "Why are you stopping!!?".

I want to switch to the XB1 version if it does turn out to be the superior version.

But, I already - in a moment of hype and weakness - purchased the season pass for the PS4 version.

We've already established that this man is not trustworthy.

Hahaha, I've been there. I bought the season pass for Arkham Knight. On Pc. Can you not request a refund from Sony?

daammyy

I have both versions. I believe this to be a fuss over nothing.
I wouldn't cancel your order based on that video personally.

Too late.

OHSHITRUNAROUND.gif

On a serious note. I know that i'll wait for the DF videos. Though it's really entertaining reading what people write here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom