• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! That scope video is nasty.

Others on a German forum reported FPS drops too. But some here have reported few. Some of the streams looked rough too, while some didn't.

Bethesda was nice enough to make it so you have a chance at the game running like shit or running fine, like a roulette. Expect with 60 bucks!

I regret going digital with my preorder!

Why I buy any Bethesda game physical and keep it wrapped for a day or so.

JoeBoy101

Damn! That scope video is nasty.

Others on a German forum reported FPS drops too. But some here have reported few. Some of the streams looked rough too, while some didn't.

Bethesda was nice enough to make it so you have a chance at the game running like shit or running fine, like a roulette. Expect with 60 bucks!

I regret going digital with my preorder!

If its through Steam, you can return it after trying it. Forget how long you have to try it though.

So many people here who are suddenly taking their preorders back before the game comes out. I still don't understand why even put in the money before some kind of review or impressions come out.

The framerate doesn't look like that big of an issue to me, but it isn't something that should be happening anyways.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm playing through it now for the very first time, all patches installed. It runs fine; no major technical hiccups as far as I can tell. Looks nice too for a game of its scope. I say go for it.

Thanks. I'll pick it up.

ogbg

If it's drops then I can handle it. As long as it's not consistent low 20s/high teens like Unity was. Seems like alpha effects are a problem though so any combat could be messy

SeanTSC

Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but I certainly am disappointed. I may be remembering things incorrectly, but didn't Bethesda say that the game was basically done at E3 and they were in QA mode until release? Shit like this should have been ironed out by now.

I guess the best we can hope for is them consistently working on and patching their game post release like with what happened with CDPR & Witcher 3, but I dare not hold my breath for that.

here's a video, i've recorder earlier today.

i just uploaded it, so youtube is still converting it, i think.

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

https://youtu.be/aPAH3bFx3VE

Is this more of an isolated event or does this keep happening? I don't think Bethesda would release the game if the game played like that 50% of the time.

evilr

Banned
Man this game looks rough and unoptimised. Such a shambles. Nothing but negative news has come from this game during real impressions. I am half expecting a 65% metacritic for it. Hyperbole? I'm not so sure.

FTF

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

Dear God, is this for real??? The OP vid and a couple of others didn't bother me as much, but this video is so bad :/

Go_Ly_Dow

Abysmal.

Will see how this is 3 months down the line on a technical level. (if its even a good game in the first place).

So many people here who are suddenly taking their preorders back before the game comes out. I still don't understand why even put in the money before some kind of review or impressions come out.

The framerate doesn't look like that big of an issue to me, but it isn't something that should be happening anyways.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't wait until a few days after it came out. Again, not a good excuse but it's Bethesda. Let's see if they can patch it before deciding to never buy this game again and then trash it for the rest of your time on NeoGAF.

We get word on the PC edition?
Nope,the only streamer with a PC copy has a gtx 980,he ran the game on solid 60 fps on ultra but with a 4GB card,that was kind of expected.No idea about fps lock or anything since its using the launcher like other Bethesda games to change gfx (and maybe the main menu? he never showed it),cant change gfx during the game

UV-6

No shit, everyone should've expected this.

The best thing you can do with a Bethesda game is to purchase it a couple months after release. Let them release a few patches to make it playable first. By that time it'll have dropped in value so you'll save a bit of money too!

Takuan

The video in OP didn't look horrible to me, but the sniping one is pretty bad. I don't think it's anything they can't fix with a patch, but if you're sensitive to fps drops it just seems smarter to wait for Bethesda to resolve performance issues before buying.

If I only owned a PS4, I'd definitely wait.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Welcome to Bethesda games. Further reinforcing that I made the right choice to wait for a GOTY edition.

Lulubop

Barely noticed, but at the same time I'm not sure why anyone would expect one of these games to be a technical marvel.

Excepting it to be a consistent 30fps is expecting it to be a technical marvel now, lol. Are you some of you guys fucking serious?

Boke1879

Man this game looks rough and unoptimised. Such a shambles. Nothing but negative news has come from this game during real impressions. I am half expecting a 65% metacritic for it. Hyperbole? I'm not so sure.

LOL WHAT! You literally have impressions from people here saying the game runs good for them.

I love GAF but it has a tendency to be hyperbolic with new game releases. Latching on to any negative news.

Same thing happened with Syndicate.

Gurish

I didn't even know that there are loading times for interiors, what year is it? I thought we were over with shit like this on next gen consoles, if TW3 and Batman can do it, why not this game?

Now I'm sure it is a ported PS3/360 game.

Siege.exe

Seeing the responses to this, it really seems like something I should be able to see, but I don't. Is it clearer when playing than it is when watching a video? Are my eyes just that bad? I'm starting to think this is the case, but if it's something else, I don't know what it could possibly be.

Game4life

Banned
Va0NWWO.png

That defense force.

Hilarious.

The only thing that is hilarious is your inability to understand that different people have different tolerance levels for these things. I played Bloodborne and TLOU which had worse framerate drops than this without a problem. Like I said occasional drops like this are okay and will not prevent me from playing the game if it is mechanically competent.

It is not like I am a huge fan of Bethesda's trekking simulators with piss poor mechanics so please keep your lame accusations to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom