• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
here's a video, i've recorder earlier today.

i just uploaded it, so youtube is still converting it, i think.

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

https://youtu.be/aPAH3bFx3VE

pAagtfA.gif

I really really wanted to get this for PS4 if only because I wanted something physical and I wanted trophies, but I think this finally convinced me to snap out of it.

Boke1879

Lol at people canceling pre orders. What are patches ?

I really highly doubt anyone is cancelling a preorder. They've dealt with frame drops before and nothing in either of those 2 vids were horrible to me. Hell Witcher 3 had worse than what I've seen on that video on PS4.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't wait until a few days after it came out. Again, not a good excuse but it's Bethesda. Let's see if they can patch it before deciding to never buy this game again and then trash it for the rest of your time on NeoGAF.

Exactly, it's best to wait a few days and get the general consensus on whether the game is worth picking up before throwing $60 out there. I don't agree with people just passing this off as something that's typical for Bethesda either, it's something that should not be okay regardless of the people who make it.

There's a certain quality people expect and pay for and it isn't the same quality as it was for the previous generation, choppy framerates shouldn't be an issue, and even less for a larger studio like Bethesda.

Wagram

Defenders or fanboys, not sure what group is worse. They'll never fix things if you don't fucking speak out about it.

I don't see why this is an issue. Most people don't even notice if the framerate in a game is 60, 30 or 20. It's just another reason to complain. Internet hate culture is really starting to annoy me. Do you know how big Fallout 4 is? You can enter a ton of houses. No loading screens. I'm not surprised the framerate dips a little under 30 on consoles. This game is even bigger than Skyrim. At least give it a chance.

This obsession with framerate in a game is getting out of hand. You have developers like Miyazaki openly stating they don't give a fuck about frames per second, but people still complain. Remember Blighttown? The framerate changed that entire area. It added to the challenge. It was a clever way to manipulate the technology and use it to change the rules. But do you think people appreciated it? Naw, they'd rather complain. On PC, people even went as far as casualizing that entire area by making it run at 60 frames per second.

Honestly, people don't really care about the framerate. If it was 60, they'd find another reason to complain. I bet most of you won't even play it on PS4, so why complain? Just play it on pc and install one of those japanese waifu mods and change all the enemies into pikachus or something. jesus christ...
If this is legit then the thread was worth it for this meltdown alone.

Go_Ly_Dow

I don't see why this is an issue. Most people don't even notice if the framerate in a game is 60, 30 or 20. It's just another reason to complain. Internet hate culture is really starting to annoy me. Do you know how big Fallout 4 is? You can enter a ton of houses. No loading screens. I'm not surprised the framerate dips a little under 30 on consoles. This game is even bigger than Skyrim. At least give it a chance.

This obsession with framerate in a game is getting out of hand. You have developers like Miyazaki openly stating they don't give a fuck about frames per second, but people still complain. Remember Blighttown? The framerate changed that entire area. It added to the challenge. It was a clever way to manipulate the technology and use it to change the rules. But do you think people appreciated it? Naw, they'd rather complain. On PC, people even went as far as casualizing that entire area by making it run at 60 frames per second.

Honestly, people don't really care about the framerate. If it was 60, they'd find another reason to complain. I bet most of you won't even play it on PS4, so why complain? Just play it on pc and install one of those japanese waifu mods and change all the enemies into pikachus or something. jesus christ...

please be joke

GavinGT

Banned

You really just said that.

First video was bad enough but the scope one is just about objectively unacceptable. If that isn't some weird rare instance of it happening (certainly doesn't look like it should be particularly stressful on the hardware) then just what the actual fuck.

Some of the defensive comments being all "yeh, well I'm used to the worst of framerates so this is fine to me!" really are on some race to the bottom or what? "Yes, it's bad, but I've seen worse, so it's actually fine."

ogbg

there were other outdoor-sniping-fights where the framerate remained relatively stable.
also i didn't encountered many of those indoor-drops kenzo mentioned.^

I noticed there's a fire in that sniping video with terrible framerate. I guess it's the alpha effects causing it again.

What do you expect from a day one Bethesda game?
Basically. It's like people thought we were being hyperbolic before launch but lo, they must experience for themselves.

As someone who played Skyrim on PS3 and New Vegas on 360, let me warn you of the jank I hath seen....

first Bethesda launch? buckle up!

First and Foremost, fantastic avatar! However, besides Skyrim PS3 version, Bethesda games usually tend to stay around 30fps( about 80% of the time) and would dip every now and then. I might be wrong since I did not play a Bethesda game for a while.

Reviewers must call Bethesda out on their bad practices and give them low scores, it seems every company is scrutinized because of bad performances (and rightly so) expect Bethesda, I hope this is not the case this time.

This is the reason I will not buy any Bethesda game Day 1 until they figure out how to treat their customers.

Krakn3Dfx

they really hate sony dont they

I doubt the XB1 or PC versions will be all roses and candy, but beyond that, I think people tend to forget that Bethesda seems to be a studio built around DirectX platforms, usually at the expense of other systems. They start on Windows/XBox and then port to whatever else their game is coming to, usually not as cleanly as other studios would.

And they don't give a fuck what they're selling you at launch, as long as you buy it. Pete Hines' Twitter account pretty much proves that.

I really can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Some of the comments in this thread are disappointing.

I hope this is a joke post.

DryvBy

Is this on every platform? Seems weird if Bethesda once again is screwing over their PlayStation market.

Wow, the video with the scoped laser rifle is really bad. Looks like the game is running in slow-motion. Ugh.

Hopefully they're quick to get a couple patches out after launch.

JJDubz

Remember Blighttown? The framerate changed that entire area. It added to the challenge. It was a clever way to manipulate the technology and use it to change the rules. But do you think people appreciated it? Naw, they'd rather complain. On PC, people even went as far as casualizing that entire area by making it run at 60 frames per second.

2537625-vinnygoofin.gif

Masterful.

Despera

Banned
Looks perfectly fine to me and you couldnt get through the hole at first because you had to crouch lol,not because of the framerate...I swear sometimes...
Have you seen this tho
here's a video, i've recorder earlier today.

i just uploaded it, so youtube is still converting it, i think.

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

https://youtu.be/aPAH3bFx3VE
That's just hilariously bad.

I hope the game runs well on PC at least...

The only thing that is hilarious is your inability to understand that different people have different tolerance levels for these things. I played Bloodborne and TLOU which had worse framerate drops than this without a problem. Like I said occasional drops like this are okay and will not prevent me from playing the game if it is mechanically competent.

It is not like I am a huge fan of Bethesda's trekking simulators with piss poor mechanics so please keep your lame accusations to yourself.

TLOU ran like a dream on PS4. What are you talking about? At least in the case of TLOU and Bloodborne, the graphical fidelity was amazing. Can't say the same for F4.

MUnited83

For you.
So it's ok than is that what im getting here

It's not okay at all. It's just not a surprise that a Bethesda game is a janky piece of shit filled to the brim with technical problems and a ancient engine.. Don't ever preorder their games, they will always launch broken as fuck.

Lol at people canceling pre orders. What are patches ?

Things that will only make the game playable in about 4 months and when the game will be much cheaper?

Are these people for real with these conspiracy theories?

ACU performed better on Xbox One.......yeah, but wasn't that only slightly better? Also....ACU had a shitload of people on screen and Xbox One's CPU handles that better than the PS4's.....that's what i read from Digital Foundry i believe.

This time with AC Syndicate, Sony had the marketing. There are much less people on screen now but does it perform that much better on PS4 compared to Xbox One? I think not. The game is also yet again 900p.

Crazy stuff people, i'm sorry.

Someone here mentioned that BGS ported Skyrim over to Xbox One and Xbox One might be the lead platform...no wonder it would perform better (IF it performs any better that is to begin with.)

And if it reviews well?

That's what I'm saying. It's gonna be crazy either way. If it reviews well, you'll have people calling out every reviewer for glossing over how "broken" it is. If it reviews poorly, well, you'll have the typical bans for "Polygon is shit", etc. posts.

Boke1879

Reviewers must call Bethesda out on their bad practices and give them low scores, it seems every company is scrutinized because of bad performances (and rightly so) expect Bethesda, I hope this is not the case this time.

This is the reason I will not buy any Bethesda game Day 1 until they figure out how to treat their customers.

And what if those reviewers didn't experience what was in the OP? Or it didn't hinder their enjoyment of the game? The review could possibly mention occasional dips in FR which isn't shocking in an open world game.

But if it didn't tarnish their enjoyment it'll review well. I can't wait to see if this game DOES review well and see how people react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom