• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE GAF TAPE Vol II: Super GAF Bros (W.I.P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

How is everyone doing? FantasticMrFoxdie and I have already made our track, I think it turned out pretty well.

Is there any chance the deadline could be extended? I still have to work on the other collabos with besada and FloatingDivider but haven't received their parts of the tracks yet, and even if I had the stems I'm gonna be a bit busy the next couple of weeks so I'm not sure I'll be able to meet the deadline.

besada

Banned
I'm probably going to extend the deadline to January if everyone is ok with that.

I'm totally okay with that. I bit off more than I could chew. Between work, moderating, Nanowrimo, Sunset Overdrive, and MCC, it has been surprisingly difficult to find time to sit down in the studio and get tracks out to people.

I'm not out, just running behind. I'm going to try and get in there this weekend, if my wife doesn't have plans for me, but regardless, Nanowrimo ends at the end of the month , so at worst I'll get tracks out then.

Yup I'm cool with the deadline extension! I got a lot of stuff going through the pipeline right now.

Probably a smart idea with the Holidays coming up too!

Hey besada, i'm finally back from the dead so feel free to contact me when you're ready. I had a halogaffer PM you with alt-contact info, dunno if you ever got it.

How is everyone doing? FantasticMrFoxdie and I have already made our track, I think it turned out pretty well.

Is there any chance the deadline could be extended? I still have to work on the other collabos with besada and FloatingDivider but haven't received their parts of the tracks yet, and even if I had the stems I'm gonna be a bit busy the next couple of weeks so I'm not sure I'll be able to meet the deadline.

I'm the worst person in the world, real life has sort of crept in and stopped me from doing a lot of work. Also fucking Destiny man, stay away from that game it's bad for your mental health. I've got a pretty sick intro finished though, I should let you check it out. Maybe do some more back and forthing. I'm also good with a deadline extension :(

Vally

I'm the worst person in the world, real life has sort of crept in and stopped me from doing a lot of work. Also fucking Destiny man, stay away from that game it's bad for your mental health. I've got a pretty sick intro finished though, I should let you check it out. Maybe do some more back and forthing. I'm also good with a deadline extension :(

Fucking Destiny lol

No worries man! We still have more than enough time to work on the track. Looking forward to hearing that intro :D

Vally

So when exactly is the new deadline?

I have two collaborations pending, but I still have nothing to work with so I'm not sure I'll have enough free time to work on two tracks before the deadline hits. I might have to pull out of those collabs :( Either way I already have the other collaboration at least, so I'm not completely out.

deli2000

Sorry about the lack of updates on this. Personal stuff and all that. If everyone is still down I will be stretching the deadline to the 1st of March so people have plenty of time finish their collaborations.

Vally

1st of March sounds good to me, if besada and FloatingDivider are still down for it I think that's enough time to finish our collaborations.

We'll need an album artwork too, I'd try to make something but I have zero artistic ability outside of half-assing something in photoshop. Orlanis set the bar too high last time!

Vally

Sounds good.

In that case i'd be down for another collab if anyone wants in.

If you can't find anyone and want to do another collab let me know; the 3-track limit isn't a problem for me anymore since I'm pulling out of my collaboration with FloatingDivider (tried to contact him via steam but he didn't answer, so I'll assume he's out)

Vally

I know these are pretty unoriginal and nowhere near as good as the cover for the 1st tape, but since no one else has stepped up to the plate I decided to make a couple of covers

iRub6QctjKmOJ.png
ikOAUQYuM32PG.png

Vally

Thanks :) those are just some copyright-free images I found with the GAF logo slapped on them, better than nothing I guess! I can try different fonts, colors or whatever, so any suggestions are welcome

N° 2048

Really hoping I can finish a track before the deadline. Family sickness, unemployment have really distracted me from producing...

besada

Banned
1st of March sounds good to me, if besada and FloatingDivider are still down for it I think that's enough time to finish our collaborations.

We'll need an album artwork too, I'd try to make something but I have zero artistic ability outside of half-assing something in photoshop. Orlanis set the bar too high last time!
I finally got all my shit hooked back up! All my gear was on the floor for awhile, displace by my new PC. So lemme see what I can do.

Dudes I'm unbanned. I've got that vally collab nearly done. I should have let him listen though I'm kind of an asshole. I will try to finish it up tonight so we can have like a day or two of back and forth.

Vally

Not sure how my collabs will turn out, having to work on two of them in less than a week, but challenge accepted :)

Dudes I'm unbanned. I've got that vally collab nearly done. I should have let him listen though I'm kind of an asshole. I will try to finish it up tonight so we can have like a day or two of back and forth.

No worries man, welcome back.

Vally

I get the impression that many people forgot about this :( hopefully I'm wrong and we get some last-minute submissions these coming days. Otherwise we're gonna have to name it The GAF EP or something

March 1st? i just heard about this now aw man. I'll work on something last minute.

i'd love to collaborate with other artists on gaf once this is over, i know we have a electronic dance artist community on gaf i think.

deli2000

March 1st? i just heard about this now aw man. I'll work on something last minute.

i'd love to collaborate with other artists on gaf once this is over, i know we have a electronic dance artist community on gaf i think.

I can extend the deadline if people need more time.

Foshy

OK. I'm moving the deadline to April 1st to give people more time.

Thank you for your patience. I know it must suck that you had to delay it a few times already, but I really hope we can get a lot of submissions in now to make it as great or even better than the first one :)

Great because I'm dying due to my tinnitus shitting a brick all of a sudden because I cought a random ass cold. I'm super close to finishing though. Vally, did you remove me from your steam friendslist after I ignored your message while destiny binging because I couldn't find you on it?

Vally

Great because I'm dying due to my tinnitus shitting a brick all of a sudden because I cought a random ass cold. I'm super close to finishing though. Vally, did you remove me from your steam friendslist after I ignored your message while destiny binging because I couldn't find you on it?

Yes I did, sorry about that, I was kinda having a bad day :/ I just added you again

I really want to participate but I am nowhere near as good as you folks. PM me if you don't mind collaborating with a n00b guitarist. Also know Ableton.

Vally

Working on the FloatingDivider collab right now... when we make more progress we might post the track here to see what you guys think

I really want to participate but I am nowhere near as good as you folks. PM me if you don't mind collaborating with a n00b guitarist. Also know Ableton.

You should participate anyway! :)

Thanks! I'm thinking about submitting this, but it doesn't feel kosher because no gaffer was on it.

Let's do something guys! I like putting down some nice pads and keys/plucked instruments.

Yeah, the pads in the track you posted are really nice. Hope you can submit something!

Vally

Deadline tomorrow! Hopefully we'll get enough submissions this time

Haven't heard anything from besada so I think I'll submit one of my tracks instead

Username: tell yourself.
Artist Name: audiophones
Genre: hip hop
Contributing: production
Bandcamp/Soundcloud?: soundcloud.com/audiophones-1

(forgot to post my info lol, I'll be done this night, I hope you guys have expressed yourselves without regret)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom