• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards (Dec 5): VGAs replacement [funded by] Keighley, game world premiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

VOlaQRf.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They said that I can watch the show on my WiiU, do they mean I go to the site and watch it or is there a specific thing like in miiverse i can watch?

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley

Ken and Roberta Williams in house. Roberta just asked if she gets a hydraulic lift for her entrance. Love her.

KEN AND ROBERTA WILLIAMS ARE IN THIS???? I'M WATCHING NOW!

OMG WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU JOKING!!!!>>!@ please tell me this guy is bullshiting ....
THIS OMFG! fainting hahaha? Kings Quest??!?!?

Holly crap

MattyG

Banned
I know this may shatter your fragile worldview but...

NeoGaf =/= Everybody
I saw complaining about it in way more places than Neogaf, and it became more widespread after every time it was shown. Of course it wasn't EVERYBODY, most people realize that that's just a figure of speech. But it seemed like a vast majority of gamers who followed these events (INCLUDING THOSE IN PLACES OTHER THAN NEOGAF), and even some members of the press, were also sick of seeing it demoed and just wanted to play it.

Glad you could get your point across without being condescending though.

Jomjom

Banned
Cant download that App in the UK :(

Ah, my bad. Then I think the only option to watch it directly from the PS4 is to use the browser or Youtube app?

Or maybe try to make a US account and download it? I know I can use some of the UK apps on my US account.

On one end I don't like Geoff because he comes off as facetious, disingenuous, a phony if you will...but when he puts up his money where his mouth is you do have to give that to him. So is it really worth it to watch him ham it up for the camera or miss out on some hyped announcements....

_woLf

On one end I don't like Geoff because he comes off as facetious, disingenuous, a phony if you will...but when he puts up his money where his mouth is you do have to give that to him. So is it really worth it to watch him ham it up for the camera or miss out on some hyped announcements....

I feel like he's trying his best to right a lot of the huge wrongs that have happened from previous VGAs. You wonder how much of that was out of his hands.

We'll see how this goes. I definitely give him credit for the effort.

This is 2 hours, right? 6 to 8 pm PST?

I feel like he's trying his best to right a lot of the huge wrongs that have happened from previous VGAs. You wonder how much of that was out of his hands.

We'll see how this goes. I definitely give him credit for the effort.

This is 2 hours, right? 6 to 8 pm PST?

9 EST, so 6 PST

MattyG

Banned
Really? I never got that impression, always like Geoff (other than at VGX last year). Obviously we have stuff like the Doritos Pope Scandal
lol
, but he's always seemed very passionate about the industry. I don't think he's being disingenuous or ham it up for the camera, I just think he wants to be as professional as possible on camera, which might come of as him being overly enthusiastic to the point of seeming fake.

But yeah, when he has the ability to take full control of something, and knows what people want, he goes all out.

jelly

I like to think Geoff is just using the industry as stepping stones to get to a point were he can do it his way and make things more respectful in celebrating and pushing the industry. He definitely does not come across bad at all, more biting his tongue until he doesn't have to so much. I think devs would rather be at the Baftas and maybe this rather than the embarrassments that passed for award shows, that Geoff himself hosted sometimes.

Don't let us down. Onwards and upwards for gaming.

If you have a PS4, download the Live Events Viewer App and go in and "buy" (for free) the ticket to watch TGAs.

For PS3 I think you just gotta use the browser?

Thank you I was wondering about this. For those in EU who can't download the app there should be a stream on Youtube so there's that app option too aside from the browser.

Moofers

What's weird to me is the thought that each console will be streaming a show that will feature videos of games on the competition's machines. Like Mario or Link will be running around on an Xbox, Master Chief on the PS4, and a ton of third party games that won't be on Wii U - showing on the Wii U stream.

It's weird. I imagine just black static during the competitor's trailers or something.

Balb

What's weird to me is the thought that each console will be streaming a show that will feature videos of games on the competition's machines. Like Mario or Link will be running around on an Xbox, Master Chief on the PS4, and a ton of third party games that won't be on Wii U - showing on the Wii U stream.

It's weird. I imagine just black static during the competitor's trailers or something.

Nintendo would ordinarily never participate in an event like this but at the moment they're not in any kind of position to turn this opportunity down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom