• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Boy Advance Was A Monster System

Impotaku

Finally dug out my other micro, this one is pretty rare. Not your regular famicom version.
v6oY8gn.jpg

I feel like Nintendo's handhelds have always been really REALLY strong when it comes to game lineups, but I feel like the GBA was equivalent to the SNES's mass library of just some of the most excellent games to ever be released.

HotHamBoy

I feel like Nintendo's handhelds have always been really REALLY strong when it comes to game lineups, but I feel like the GBA was equivalent to the SNES's mass library of just some of the most excellent games to ever be released.

Part of the reason for this is that Nintendo has maintained better third party support for their handhelds than they have their home consoles. They have pretty much owned the market, no-contest. PSP did well in Japan but that was about it.

So I went to go play my GBA games, and realized that I can't deal with the original GBA's screen any more, but I also can't stand the DS Light's blurry screen. From what I know the AGS-101 has the same blur issue, so that's out too.
So how do original SP and DS fat hold up? I know they're dimmer, but are they still serviceable?

Bought a GBA (Pearl Pink! AGS-101!) thanks to this thread. So far I've acquired FFIV, FFV, Pac-Man Collection, and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams.

Top Bottom