• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Place S2 |OT| Well, Fork Me - Thursdays 8:30/7:30c

Osahi

Just watched season one now netflix has this up, and catched up now with S2 too.

What an amazing show. I did not see that twist coming, even though I can usually ‘sense’ something is up. I do remember thinking how great the premise of the show was from a screenwriting point of view. Conflict is the base of every story, and there shouldn’t be conflict in heaven, so the conflict is there is conflict in heaven. How little did I know... (Glad I didn’t open this topic before I reached ep 1.13, lol)

S2 is turning out great too. At first I didn’t feel the ‘reboot’-story, but they turned that on it’s head fast. Can’t wait for the next episodes. Sucks I can’t binge anymore :p

reading trough this topic is great too by the way. Especially the spoiler tagged theories of where it would go. Some posters where right on the money it seems

Watched this show on Netflix.

Freaking love it. The frozen yogurt thing tipped me off early on, but only in a "FroYo is gross and only hell would chose it over ice-cream."

It was a simplistic logic that bore fruit.

Haven't watched anything from season 2 yet. But I love this show and will now tell all my friends they must watch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just watched season one now netflix has this up, and catched up now with S2 too.

What an amazing show. I did not see that twist coming, even though I can usually ‘sense’ something is up. I do remember thinking how great the premise of the show was from a screenwriting point of view. Conflict is the base of every story, and there shouldn’t be conflict in heaven, so the conflict is there is conflict in heaven. How little did I know... (Glad I didn’t open this topic before I reached ep 1.13, lol)

S2 is turning out great too. At first I didn’t feel the ‘reboot’-story, but they turned that on it’s head fast. Can’t wait for the next episodes. Sucks I can’t binge anymore :p

reading trough this topic is great too by the way. Especially the spoiler tagged theories of where it would go. Some posters where right on the money it seems

Same, I binged it over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Also, did I somehow miss it, or do we not yet know how Tahani died?

big ander

Same, I binged it over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Also, did I somehow miss it, or do we not yet know how Tahani died?

found her only mention of it so far from chapter 11:
"Besides, all the big ticket items are impossible, I'm afraid. It's not as if you could, you know, sacrifice your life to save others or change the consciousness of a nation. Both of which I did, by the way. Such fun."

So in her mind she sacrificed her life to save others and change the consciousness of a nation, but knowing Tahani it probably...did not go down like that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
found her only mention of it so far from chapter 11:
"Besides, all the big ticket items are impossible, I'm afraid. It's not as if you could, you know, sacrifice your life to save others or change the consciousness of a nation. Both of which I did, by the way. Such fun."

So in her mind she sacrificed her life to save others and change the consciousness of a nation, but knowing Tahani it probably...did not go down like that.

Could be that the sacrifice and changing the conciousness of a nation happened separately - it's ambiguous in the way that's worded. She could have just pushed someone out of the way of a bus or something, especially as she's not actually achieved enough to get into the Good Place.

zulux21

I was not expecting the speed this season is going at.

I called the end of episode 3 as a plot point.... but I expected it as the end of season 2 with season 3 covering that plot point (and likely being the final season) not them to get to there in one episode lol.

loving the season so far but there is going to have to be some major reveals in the rest of this season to set up any future seasons.

that being said.... while I don't know how they will keep this fun, funny and interesting, I still have faith they will continue to do so.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I was not expecting the speed this season is going at.

I called the end of episode 3 as a plot point.... but I expected it as the end of season 2 with season 3 covering that plot point (and likely being the final season) not them to get to there in one episode lol.

loving the season so far but there is going to have to be some major reveals in the rest of this season to set up any future seasons.

that being said.... while I don't know how they will keep this fun, funny and interesting, I still have faith they will continue to do so.

Eh it's kinda going the same way as S1 revelation wise. That whole Jason thing shook up S1 a lot and made it a different show entirely. So I'm trusting them to continue to throw out great twists.

Plus I can't wait to see Trevor again post S1 twist. See what he's really like given what we now know.

I watched season 2 episode 1 last night. It was pretty good. "I had a best friend. His name was Pill Boy and he was dope! We used to get drunk and throw old batteries at homeless people. "

LordRaptor

It also really works, because as a sitcom it adheres so closely to the structure of a sitcom that 'stuff happens to make us laugh' is taken for granted.

For Tahani, its pretty amazing how good a job Michael does to make her feel like piece of shit at every opportunity rewatching S1 with 'the twist' in mind.

caliph95

It also really works, because as a sitcom it adheres so closely to the structure of a sitcom that 'stuff happens to make us laugh' is taken for granted.

For Tahani, its pretty amazing how good a job Michael does to make her feel like piece of shit at every opportunity rewatching S1 with 'the twist' in mind.
It is how the twist works so well, there are lot of stuff that don't make sense when you think about it but you chalk it up to just being a sitcom and being sitcom shenanigans

Turns it was a sitcom just Michael was the director

A lot of stuff you see in a new light with that in mind

I know I'm putting way too much thought into it, but I wonder how long the "Tahani is Eleanor's soulmate" reset lasted. Wouldn't Tehani immediately be like, "I'm flattered, but I'm not gay. Something is up."

In any case. I think we need an entire season with this premise in order to see exactly what happened. Every detail, haha.

caliph95

I know I'm putting way too much thought into it, but I wonder how long the "Tahani is Eleanor's soulmate" reset lasted. Wouldn't Tehani immediately be like, "I'm flattered, but I'm not gay. Something is up."

In any case. I think we need an entire season with this premise in order to see exactly what happened. Every detail, haha.
What was Tahani reaction when Eleanor said she was attracted to her

LordRaptor

What does book mean

tM5KZTZ.gif

this is from Archer, but Tahani does it to Eleanor as like, the first thing when they meet lol

caliph95

I imagine if Tahani wasn't bi

She would try to be open minded

Expect a lot of "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

Pachimari

Just finished the first season this moment, and had unfortunately seen that twist coming. Ever since the pilot I was thinking to myself this was not the good place, so kind of wish I had not known about a twist happening by the end. Anyway, the overall season was great and the humor fits me to a t, and I love all the actors on it and it's well-written. Now I can finally start up the new season! [edit] actually thinking more about it, the twist was also that Michael was the director so to speak and the people behind it all which I hadn't seen coming.

Michael specifically said, in this episode, that soulmate didn't exclusively mean in a romantic sense.

zulux21

Eh it's kinda going the same way as S1 revelation wise. That whole Jason thing shook up S1 a lot and made it a different show entirely. So I'm trusting them to continue to throw out great twists.

Plus I can't wait to see Trevor again post S1 twist. See what he's really like given what we now know.

was Adam Scott confirmed to be in this season? as he is busy with ghosted now so it wouldn't be surprising if he wasn't available.

LordRaptor

Yeah, you can see shes not a fan - IIRC she outright says "Oh, and you booped me".
Its a weirdly invasive and condescending thing to do to an adult, especially one you've literally just met

Michael specifically said, in this episode, that soulmate didn't exclusively mean in a romantic sense.

Yeah, but there's a real chance that he's saying that because its 'part of the plan' / much funnier for us (because the two are basically intertwined) to tell Chidi his soul mate is a house plant or whatever

Scott has an inhuman amount of work each year, so I'm sure they could get him for at least a cameo
Unfortunately, he's not appearing this season.
Will Adam Scott be making a return as Trevor?

Sadly, Adam betrayed me and went off and created his own TV show called “Ghosted” so we couldn’t get him back this year. If it were up to me, he would be in everything I’ve ever written or ever will write because I love him so much.

Pachimari

Loved the pilot and second episode. Especially seeing it all unfold from different perspectives and how all the scenes connected to the four meeting each other this time, and also how the other people work there and discusses their roles. It’s truly great.

Finally started watching this show last week on Netflix. I ended up binge-watching it all in a few days and found out that the new season was just starting.

NBC finally has another truly great sitcom.

Finally started watching this show last week on Netflix. I ended up binge-watching it all in a few days and found out that the new season was just starting.

NBC finally has another truly great sitcom.

I finished season 1 in two days.

There were hours between episode 1 and 2, but then almost continuously from eps 2-7, slept, and finished the season the next night.

I got HOOKED.

Don't tell my brother, but I like The Good Place more than I do Rick and Morty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont want to reduce the actress to her looks because I actually really like the character and how she plays her...

... but the lady that plays Tahani is otherworldly gorgeous right? I'm not crazy here?

aravuus

Just watched (binged the whole thing on one sitting) the first season on Netflix a couple of days ago, holy shit did I love this moment. Like the twist itself wasn't anything mindblowing, but this was just PERFECT. Great show in general, too.

Really hope they'll put the second season up on Netflix soon too.

I dont want to reduce the actress to her looks because I actually really like the character and how she plays her...

... but she lady that plays Tahani is otherworldly gorgeous right? I'm not crazy here?
Not my cup of tea but you're not wrong.

Janet is my cup of tea and it's a pretty hot cup of tea. Back away from this tea, because you cannot drink it. Because it is so hot.

Just watched (binged the whole thing on one sitting) the first season on Netflix a couple of days ago, holy shit did I love this moment. Like the twist itself wasn't anything mindblowing, but this was just PERFECT. Great show in general, too.

Really hope they'll put the second season up on Netflix soon too.
Second season just started. It's going to be awhile if you wait on Netflix.

Osahi

Ugh. I hate Netflix for going to such lengths to prevent proxies and VPNs.

Finnish Netflix is fucking trash compared to the US one.
Sure it's not available in Finland? Furst 2 (actually 3) episodes should be up. It's the case in Belgium and I thought worldwide too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ugh. I hate Netflix for going to such lengths to prevent proxies and VPNs.

Finnish Netflix is fucking trash compared to the US one.

I'm in Portugal actually. EU Netflix has been doing weekly eps for a few shows lately. US actually doesn't have them weekly (on Netflix that is).

Hell the show is labelled a "Netflix Original" here.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, if you're waiting for Season 2 on US Netflix that probably won't be until August or September 2018, if ever...NBCUniversal has been pulling back their Netflix content so it can be added to Hulu. Could've sworn I just read about Parenthood and Friday Night Lights making the move recently.

aravuus

Sure it's not available in Finland? Furst 2 (actually 3) episodes should be up. It's the case in Belgium and I thought worldwide too.

I'm in Portugal actually. EU Netflix has been doing weekly eps for a few shows lately. US actually doesn't have them weekly (on Netflix that is).

Hell the show is labelled a "Netflix Original" here.

Oh great, so I guess Finnish Netflix is trash compared to every other Netflix out there lmao.

But yeah, no Good Place s2 here, I just checked. There isn't the smallest indication that a second seasons even exists on our Netflix. No "this episode is available on yyy" like we have with Rick & Morty's two latest episodes (available on Oct 4 and Oct 11), nothing.

Man, don't you just love how easy and straightforward everything is with streaming.

Osahi

Oh great, so I guess Finnish Netflix is trash compared to every other Netflix out there lmao.

But yeah, no Good Place s2 here, I just checked. There isn't the smallest indication that a second seasons even exists on our Netflix. No "this episode is available on yyy" like we have with Rick & Morty's two latest episodes (available on Oct 4 and Oct 11), nothing.

Man, don't you just love how easy and straightforward everything is with streaming.

That sucks. There is probably a tv channel in Finland with the broadcasting rights then. I thought The Good Place was a Netflix original everywhere but the USA, with weekley episodes, just like Fargo, Better Call Saul, ...

Pachimari

I really love the Filipino-Canadian portraying Jianyu on the show, and all of his quotes, and his love for Ariana Grande and wanting to make a girl his into into his relative.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That sucks. There is probably a tv channel in Finland with the broadcasting rights then. I thought The Good Place was a Netflix original everywhere but the USA, with weekley episodes, just like Fargo, Better Call Saul, ...

We don't have Fargo on Netflix in the UK, think it's on Channel 4 here. Would suggest what you're saying is right - that another channel there has the broadcast rights.

Top Bottom