• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest E3 reaction videos of all time

AnxiousSecondaryAntelope.gif
This will never get old

Mariolee

Can you imagine if in real life hundreds of people had an opinion about whether your reaction to something you love was genuine or not?

Liamc723

The most cringe worthy one that I remember is the one for Death Stranding. I cannot recall what site, I believe it had the Bozman guy, but their reaction to DS was so over the top it was really cringe worthy. Don't get me wrong, I get really excited for game reveals, but usually it is something you wanted a sequel too or a refresh of a game you played. DS was something completely new, but it was just a cinematic with no game play in it, no mention of what kind of game it is, basically just a trailer that the only think it told you was that it had a known actor in it and the title of the game. To get the reaction those guys showed was just horrible. I can understand that reaction for something that you know about or know what kind of game it is etc... But for me that is the most memorable cringe worthy reaction.

EZA's reaction to Death Stranding was not over the top in the slightest.

Valentus

Sony E3 2015 is untouchable, be serious.

That was the only moment in the last 20 years (or even more) when vaporware (or fanfiction) becomes reality.

Hawk269

Wow the troll is real here. Can't seem to tell genuine excitement.

Easy Allies Sony reaction was top notch last year.

How in the hell is what I wrote a troll post? There is one thing to have genuine excitement, but these guys were falling over each other for a game they have no idea what is about, what genre it is, when it was coming or anything about it. I get having genuine excitement for a new game but when it was that over the top, it was cringe worthy. It if it was gameplay and they talked about the genre and what play mechanics and a bunch of other stuff, but a trailer that basically revealed nothing about the game other than the real world actor, how do you react to the level they did???

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The "big three," on the other hand, is a bit of a nothingburger. VII Remake is a 2020 title, Shenmue III is still in development, and I've already returned TLG to EB Games.
The thing is that none of that is even a surprise. They didn't even announce Shenmue III, they announced the Kickstarter for it. And that's kinda why some of these insane reactions are viewed with suspicion, beacuse those are game journalists who should have some perspective.

Corpsepyre

Banned
How in the hell is what I wrote a troll post? There is one thing to have genuine excitement, but these guys were falling over each other for a game they have no idea what is about, what genre it is, when it was coming or anything about it. I get having genuine excitement for a new game but when it was that over the top, it was cringe worthy. It if it was gameplay and they talked about the genre and what play mechanics and a bunch of other stuff, but a trailer that basically revealed nothing about the game other than the real world actor, how do you react to the level they did???

No one was thinking that when the reveal happened. It came out of nowhere, and it was by Kojima of all crazy fuckers. Plus the video was bonkers even without gameplay or any information. I've seen a number of people with similar reactions.

WaterAstro

Maybe you should watch it again because your idea of "cringe worthy excitement" and "falling over each other" DID NOT EVEN FUCKING HAPPEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwS3LMVzIBI&t=7503s&t=1h59m18s

Hux1ey

Banned
So you came into a thread specifically about "great E3 reactions" to childishly call them "cringe" because they dared get really excited about something.

Cool guy.
I watched the examples in the op and gave my thoughts on the video that made me cringe, sorry if that upsets you.

javac

The "holy trinity", two games that we wouldn't see for years after the initial announcement (and still haven't), one of which that will most definitely not live up to expectations going by recent instalments in said franchise and one of which that was supposed to be out almost a decade ago!

Hawk269

The thing is that none of that is even a surprise. They didn't even announce Shenmue III, they announced the Kickstarter for it. And that's kinda why some of these insane reactions are viewed with suspicion, beacuse those are game journalists who should have some perspective.

See with this one though, I get the excitement and people almost falling over each other. While Shenmue 3 was just the kick starter, it also said that the game was possible and that it could possibly come. I get that one totally and I was pretty excited. 2 years later (almost 3 now) all we have so far is LG and this will be the 3rd E3 and 2 out 3 of those games are not out and hell they were a no show last year. Hopefully this E3 we get fresh information.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The Final Fantasy XV re-reveal was pretty amazing.... but I wonder if no one has brought it up because the game itself clearly doesn't live up to it.

The Versus XIII exploding and changing to XV was a cool moment,

https://youtu.be/-yE4WEyFlK0

Mory Dunz

I liked the compilation reaction to Zelda trailer 3 OP. It probably included the one you posted as well to boot.

Wait, People are really making fake reaction gifs? like Why? I can't imagine the point

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
See with this one though, I get the excitement and people almost falling over each other. While Shenmue 3 was just the kick starter, it also said that the game was possible and that it could possibly come. I get that one totally and I was pretty excited. 2 years later (almost 3 now) all we have so far is LG and this will be the 3rd E3 and 2 out 3 of those games are not out and hell they were a no show last year. Hopefully this E3 we get fresh information.
Yeah, I understand the excitement for all three of those, but they all came with very obvious caveats. Maybe that's me, but I want to know about those, too.

I can't believe we are actually getting into the Easy Allies vs Giant Bomb argument before E3 even begins. Both sites reactions are legitimate and have merit and they both produce some amazing content during E3. I don't really understand why there has to be a "right" way to react.

DR2K

Banned
meh the twilight princess reaction imo is still the GOAT especially since of those 3 games i was only interested in FF7 remake and even then that died off when we found out its episodic and no longer turn based.

Yeah, but Twilight Princess was a mediocre Zelda.

The only way this could be fixed is if we get a video of Jeff overreacting to Huber, while Huber stays stonefaced.

GT/EA reactions are genuine IF you actually follow their content, out of context it is a bit cringy. Same with Giant Bomb. End of story.

daTRUballin

The only way this could be fixed is if we get a video of Jeff overreacting to Huber, while Huber stays stonefaced.

GT/EA reactions are genuine IF you actually follow their content, out of context it is a bit cringy. Same with Giant Bomb. End of story.

Idk. I didn't follow GT and I don't really follow EA and their E3 reactions seem fine to me. They seem like they're genuinely excited about those games. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who likes watching YouTube Let's Plays, and a lot of people here on GAF would call those "cringy", so I guess it's just me.

Nothing will ever top the three beasts of E3 2015.

Guys. This happened. THIS FUCKING HAPPENED.

60IKxDs.png

Yeah, I can't imagine the circumstances necessary to surpass that. There were so many years of anticipation for all of those. I don't think there's a white whale left on the same scale outside of Half-Life 3. And that's only one. This was three. One after the other. God, I get goosebumps just remembering that.

Hawk269

Yeah, I understand the excitement for all three of those, but they all came with very obvious caveats. Maybe that's me, but I want to know about those, too.

Heavy caveats at least. Hopefully we get something this year and I really want to see what Death Stranding is all about with a proper reveal of game play. From what I have been reading on that game they are using the same engine that Horizon Zero Down uses, so add in some Kojima Mojo it should be pretty interesting.

demu

The most cringe worthy one that I remember is the one for Death Stranding. I cannot recall what site, I believe it had the Bozman guy, but their reaction to DS was so over the top it was really cringe worthy. Don't get me wrong, I get really excited for game reveals, but usually it is something you wanted a sequel too or a refresh of a game you played. DS was something completely new, but it was just a cinematic with no game play in it, no mention of what kind of game it is, basically just a trailer that the only think it told you was that it had a known actor in it and the title of the game. To get the reaction those guys showed was just horrible. I can understand that reaction for something that you know about or know what kind of game it is etc... But for me that is the most memorable cringe worthy reaction.
I just watched it again I have seriously no idea what you're talking about.

ViciousDS

Banned
meh the twilight princess reaction imo is still the GOAT especially since of those 3 games i was only interested in FF7 remake and even then that died off when we found out its episodic and no longer turn based.

Episodic yes

But real time gameplay was not a turn off. In fact if it's anything like crisis core OR KH3 it should be fucking awesome

Also the announcing of episodic and real time combat happened while you watch the announcement? The after effects are not what matters, it's what you feel at that current place in time. Yes, it sucks how long it's taking but I still feel giddy about that conference because I know what I thought about it at that current place in time when they announced it right then and there

I can't believe we are actually getting into the Easy Allies vs Giant Bomb argument before E3 even begins. Both sites reactions are legitimate and have merit and they both produce some amazing content during E3. I don't really understand why there has to be a "right" way to react.

There isn't a right way that is true.

Personally I find the extremely jaded and distrustful attitudes behind the GB crew rather disheartening and not something I want to watch. If thats what you or anyone else enjoys thats fine you enjoy it but I enjoy watching press conferences that can take hours because of how impactful and interesting they can be so watching a group of guys who don't seem to care about what they're watching isn't fun for me. They have reasons to behave the way they do (E3 is largely a show to build up hype around announcements of games that may take years to come out if ever, I can see why people get jaded about a lot of this) its just not something I care to watch.

Thats why I watch EZA because they genuinely love watching these reveals as much as I do and they really do get excited about the medium. There are times I wish they were more critical or at least less forgiving then they are but as I said I watch these conferences because I want to be excited and they do too so thats why I watch them. Although I do get that people can think Huber goes go over the top and if that bothers you I completely understand why you wouldn't want to watch it. Again, you do you.

I think whats important to remember is that just because someone is criticizing the other doesn't mean you have to attack the other side or anything, just enjoy what you want to watch and have an open mind about the others content.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If you're going to retroactively diminish reactions/moments due to what came later, then it'd only be fair to hold Twilight Princess to the same standard – it didn't live up to the hype from that reveal (nothing could).

Kallor

Nothing will ever top the three beasts of E3 2015.

Guys. This happened. THIS FUCKING HAPPENED.

60IKxDs.png

My personal favorite e3 ever. seeing the reactions and hype was amazing and fun.

Runners up are Twiglight princess reveal, Portal 2/Gabe at a playstation event and of course ff13 at xbox lol. "playstation is dun!!"

AEREC

What's so bad about people being genuinely excited about something?

There is enough cynicism as it is.

I think it's the fact that other people get so overexcited about other people getting excited. It's a little weird...but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Starfield

Sony 2015 was staged. Prevously noone ever mentioned a Shenmue nor a Final Fantasy remake and suddenly a few days before E3 people on Neogaf began hyping up exactly those 3 games making it seem like "this can't be too good to be true" in order to furthermore shake up and damage Microsoft's Xbox brand. It was an inside job. People knew already and purposely created hype. Nothing was real. Every media outlet was behind it, yes even Gametrailers. Sorry to burst the bubble my friends.

/conspiracy

ShadyK54

Wow the troll is real here. Can't seem to tell genuine excitement.

Easy Allies Sony reaction was top notch last year.

"A Hideo Kojima GAME!"

Just the way Bosman said it makes me lol. My pick is the GT 2015 reactions & the aforementioned EZA Sony reactions. Both great conferences.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Because a lot of us criticize Giant Bomb's lack of enthusiasm for megatons, so Giant Bomb fans start doing stuff like this lol.

tbf that's a really, really, really stupid thing to criticize.

"How dare you not be super excited because of this announcement!"
It's pretty much as stupid as
"How dare you be super excited because of this announcement!"

Top Bottom