• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Hey You

So uhhh...we getting some news anytime soon lol?

I doubt it. Rockstar and Take two suck for releasing a trailer way back in November and not giving us any more info. They really do hate their fanbase.

Either GTA V is going through dev hell (just over 4 years since IV came out) or Take two just wanted to bump their stock.

My hype for it has just fallen so much I don't really care anymore. I still have it preordered on Amazon but damn, it's been so long since anything.

Tawpgun

My hype for it has just fallen so much I don't really care anymore. I still have it preordered on Amazon but damn, it's been so long since anything.

All part of the plan.

You know its coming. They're gonna release a gameplay trailer sometime, and then they're gonna hit us with videos on videos of the different features in the game while that guy from all rockstar trailers narrates.

I remember I didn't give a shit about Red Dead Redemption until those gameplay trailers came out. Then I was hyped as fuck. Then I bought it... and it turned out to be the game of the generation.

Marleyman

Banned
Checking daily for any kind of updates; only vague mentions of car lists and profiles of employees showing an October release date. I am so damn ready for anything though.

iNvid02

they like to steal the show a bit, hence the first trailer coming out just before the big november games

i reckon we'll see something else in the next month or so, and then hopefully a release around october

or early 2013 release with info starting to come out around the same time as this year's big games

please be october

UrbanRats

All part of the plan.

You know its coming. They're gonna release a gameplay trailer sometime, and then they're gonna hit us with videos on videos of the different features in the game while that guy from all rockstar trailers narrates.

I remember I didn't give a shit about Red Dead Redemption until those gameplay trailers came out. Then I was hyped as fuck. Then I bought it... and it turned out to be the game of the generation.

I'm not sure they're going to do that for GTAV.
It's not like they need to convince people to buy it, to have good sales, although the Max Payne 3 flop could've hurt their confidence.

I know the fanbase is going bananas due to this info drought, they dun goofed releasing a trailer in November, just to follow up with months of NOTHING.
Some people have gone bitter towards Max Payne 3, some other have gone bitter towards R* (and GTAV) itself.
They'll be all lining up D1, and there's no doubt about that, but still, getting your fanbase against you it's not the best move.

Anyway, August Game Informer should be something else, IIRC, so i guess they intend to release around March next year, and start the marketing around October/November? That'd be a year since the first trailer.. shameful, but nothing new for R*, they always often fuck up on release dates and such.

pargonta

odds on music from Drive and a stunt driver mafia storyline?

pretty high i'd guess.

I cannot wait to jump back into a rockstar open world. so good. *watches trailer*

Since when did you guys start thinking that Rockstar would release this before May 2013?

May is R*'s month, though after the semi-abysmal sales of MP3 maybe they should reconsider the release date...

UrbanRats

Since when did you guys start thinking that Rockstar would release this before May 2013?

May is R*'s month, though after the semi-abysmal sales of MP3 maybe they should reconsider the release date...

October was also R* month, since a lot of May releases were simply October games that HAD to be delayed because they weren't finished.
There have been a number of rumors and hints at the October release, from R* developers' Twitters to various retailers and shit.
It's absolutely not a confirmation, and i personally think it'll come out in early 2013, but it's not a crazy possibility.

torontoml

Since Take 2's expectations of over a billion dollars for fiscal 2013 which ends in March 2013 with 60% coming from Rockstar.

Fjordson

Hopefully Max Payne 3's salss doesn't rush GTA V's development or anything. Though that's been in the top 5 best sellers on Steam for over two weeks now, so I wonder if it's actually doing okay overall...but that's for another topic.

I'm dying for some new info. I really have no idea what to expect at this point as far what the game's going to be like or when the hell it's coming out.

Speaking of music from Drive, I would love an Italians Do It Better channel hosted by Johnny Jewel :lol probably won't happen, but would be awesome.

Con_Smith

Banned
I'm constantly on the look out for more info. I'm so starved I've watched the Max Payne easter egg videos with the planes about ten times hoping each new video will have some other vague hint about gta v. BTW anyone know if manhunt runs on 360? Been trying to play all their games since san andreas and thats the only one I dont have besides the handhelds.

I'm constantly on the look out for more info. I'm so starved I've watched the Max Payne easter egg videos with the planes about ten times hoping each new video will have some other vague hint about gta v. BTW anyone know if manhunt runs on 360? Been trying to play all their games since san andreas and thats the only one I dont have besides the handhelds.

Manhunt and San Andreas as well as the GTAIII and VC are all backwards compatible.

Top Bottom