• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

RangerBAD

Just making sure that there's a worse Gundam than Victory. I hate that it has such a sketchy opinion from the fan base. I know why the episode order is weird at first, I just kind of hoped that Tomino would've gained a better opinion of it in his old age, but nope, dude remains an old type.

It's not the worst Gundam and neither is Reco.

don't know if it's the worst, i like destiny as you can see my gunpla a few pages back but shinn needed a punch in the face.

thankful for Athrun
Shinn technically needed more punches to the face. If that was Zeta Gundam he would've been dead.
Gundam Age. They won't put that shit up anywhere.
Makes sense, even I find enjoyment out of Seed Destiny. I haven't seen enough of Gundam Age to even know what the basic plot is, it just seemed....lifeless to me.

duckroll

SEED Destiny is the friend who keeps borrowing money from you and saying he'll return it "soon" until you get sick of him.

AGE is the boring guy you don't want to hang out with.

The 00 movie is the friend who invites you out for a meal, tells a REALLY funny joke at the start, and then suddenly stands up and punches you in the face repeatedly to everyone's confusion.

Second generation of AGE is good stuff.

Thank you.

Even if gAGE was considered bad, I cant imagine it would really be worst, the soundtrack and OP/ED singers are phenomenal, cant say the same for say Turn A. That second OP for example is worst of the gundams. Meanwhile gAGE got superstars like Faylan, Spyair, Galileo Galilei, ViViD, Eir Aoi.

Seed Destiny

I'd watch Destiny over AGE any day.

I'm still salty about how Zeheart got treated during the final arc. Memory of Eden fixed it a bit but still.

But I admit, the theme songs were pretty damn good. "Aurora" by Eir Aoi ranks up there as one of my favorite Gundam openings.

I'm a ways off (Currently rewatching Gundam Wing, Episode 13 is next) but you guys are not exactly making me look forward to when I finally get to Destiny and Age lol.

Beth Cyra

I'm a ways off (Currently rewatching Gundam Wing, Episode 13 is next) but you guys are not exactly making me look forward to when I finally get to Destiny and Age lol.

They are Trash, pure fucking Trash.

However the music in Destiny is so damn good it makes watching the show worth it.

Age is only saved by how adorable and cute Asemu/Zeheart are together as they are like the greatest Gundam ship outside of Kira/Athrun.

Destiny is awesome and only late AGE is bad(Like the last 12 episode) the rest is really good.

I mean Destiny easily as the best colony drop of any Gundam show ever and the Impulse first appearance is still one of the best first gundam entry.

Destiny is awesome and only late AGE is bad(Like the last 12 episode) the rest is really good.

I mean Destiny easily as the best colony drop of any Gundam show ever and the Impulse first appearance is still one of the best first gundam entry.

Spoilers! Gawd. Well great, thanks! Now I know there's a Colony Drop. That never happens in Gundam! You ruined the surprise!
:p

For me, Destiny was at least entertaining in how ridiculously stupid it gets, and there's a semblance of a plot that had potential somewhere in there, especially from the first arc.

AGE was just boring throughout, especially Kio's arc and beyond. And even Asemu's arc, which I liked the most, had a plot where nothing noteworthy actually happened. At least the AGE-2 theme is fucking great.

For me, Destiny was at least entertaining in how ridiculously stupid it gets, and there's a semblance of a plot that had potential somewhere in there, especially from the first arc.

AGE was just boring throughout, especially Kio's arc and beyond. And even Asemu's arc, which I liked the most, had a plot where nothing noteworthy actually happened. At least the AGE-2 theme is fucking great.

Yes that's such a good theme.

What about that sd gubdam shows were gundam were like alive? It passed on tv when I was a kid.

I always found Captain's regular face to be unsettling
latest

Beth Cyra

Get that shit out of here, my god the PTSD.
lol I'll defend it.

The show was aimed at children and I don't mean young teenagers like normal Gundam shows but kids and I do think for what it was trying to be it did better then the majority of Gundam shows do.

That said I to hated it with every fiber of my being. Wing Knight Zero was like an odd mix of Wing, Zero, and EWand it was just eww.

firelogic

I suddenly came to a realization today that I wanted to know how Gunpla is manufactured. I've been marvelling at the quality of gunpla but never really put much thought into how they got that way so I looked it up and lo and behold, there's a manufacturing video. I'm guessing the vets around here have seen it but in case you haven't, take a gander.

Gunpla Manufacturing Process

I absolutely love how Gundam-themed the facility is!

You know Bandai if you're going to rollout a retarded as fuck design for the hands at least fucking put in an extra set or two for when you fuck that shit up.

It's not the worst Gundam and neither is Reco.

Most hate AGE, but I still think the most incompetent series was Reco. It was nothing but pretty, but awful everything. Even Tomino quickly admitted the show had problems after it finished. AGE was simply boring, Reco was a disaster though. AGE had a plot that a person could follow, Reco was just random Tomino puke on screen and no one can really explain half of the reasons shit happens in it.

SEED Destiny is the friend who keeps borrowing money from you and saying he'll return it "soon" until you get sick of him.

AGE is the boring guy you don't want to hang out with.

The 00 movie is the friend who invites you out for a meal, tells a REALLY funny joke at the start, and then suddenly stands up and punches you in the face repeatedly to everyone's confusion.

hahaha

Most hate AGE, but I still think the most incompetent series was Reco. It was nothing but pretty, but awful everything. Even Tomino quickly admitted the show had problems after it finished. AGE was simply boring, Reco was a disaster though. AGE had a plot that a person could follow, Reco was just random Tomino puke on screen and no one can really explain half of the reasons shit happens in it.

I mean, Tomino shits on a lot of the series he's made, so him saying Reco had problems isn't really anything new. It had problems with rushed pacing and not enough episodes, but it wasn't nearly as incomprehensible as a lot of people make it out to be.

When my Wife and I were running an anime review blog on IGN I had to make a twenty page guide for ourselves to make sure we understood the narrative so we could review it fully prepared. So, yeah, I agree it's one of the most messy Gundams.

Drayco21

You know Bandai if you're going to rollout a retarded as fuck design for the hands at least fucking put in an extra set or two for when you fuck that shit up.

I just finished my Origin RX-78-2, and the hands are my only real problem with an otherwise fantastic kit- I hate, hate, hate these posable emotion hands- they feel too fragile to even sand off the little nub remains on the back, and my attempt to do it on one just lead to me having a right hand who has a finger pop off at the upper joint when you look at it funny, and leave it looking kinda awful. I respect what they're going for, and the one hand that I didn't fuck up poses fine if looks a little rough cuz god knows I ain't testing my luck de-nubbing that shit now, but I kinda just wish it had the option to also use conventional hands like the couple RGs I've bought have had.

Menthuss

I suddenly came to a realization today that I wanted to know how Gunpla is manufactured. I've been marvelling at the quality of gunpla but never really put much thought into how they got that way so I looked it up and lo and behold, there's a manufacturing video. I'm guessing the vets around here have seen it but in case you haven't, take a gander.

Gunpla Manufacturing Process

I absolutely love how Gundam-themed the facility is!

That was pretty interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I just finished my Origin RX-78-2, and the hands are my only real problem with an otherwise fantastic kit- I hate, hate, hate these posable emotion hands- they feel too fragile to even sand off the little nub remains on the back, and my attempt to do it on one just lead to me having a right hand who has a finger pop off at the upper joint when you look at it funny, and leave it looking kinda awful. I respect what they're going for, and the one hand that I didn't fuck up poses fine if looks a little rough cuz god knows I ain't testing my luck de-nubbing that shit now, but I kinda just wish it had the option to also use conventional hands like the couple RGs I've bought have had.
My MG Rezel is missing a finger, I bent up the inserts trying to put them on, it's not great, looks like it got into a fight with a Thunderjaw from Horizon.

Voror

Finished building the Strike Freedom. Just need to do stickers. I hate the really tiny ones though as there doesn't seem to be a good way of getting them on with my tools.

I should probably panel line too but never done it before.

Probably go back and put the stickers on my RG 00 Raiser since I never did that before. Have some Amazon credit so I may pick up a new one but not sure which. Sisters told me to get the Master Gundam when I showed them the ones I was considering haha.

firelogic

Have any of you bought something from an Amazon 3rd party seller with a "Just Launched" status and zero feedback? I read that Amazon has an A to Z Guarantee which protects buyers from 3rd party seller scams but is it worth the hassle?

Finished building the Strike Freedom. Just need to do stickers. I hate the really tiny ones though as there doesn't seem to be a good way of getting them on with my tools.

I should probably panel line too but never done it before.

Probably go back and put the stickers on my RG 00 Raiser since I never did that before. Have some Amazon credit so I may pick up a new one but not sure which. Sisters told me to get the Master Gundam when I showed them the ones I was considering haha.
what tools do you have at the moment?
Have any of you bought something from an Amazon 3rd party seller with a "Just Launched" status and zero feedback? I read that Amazon has an A to Z Guarantee which protects buyers from 3rd party seller scams but is it worth the hassle?
its a scam to get your address and info. avoid.

Top Bottom