• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Yeah, I figured it was too good to be true. I'll pass. Just needed a second opinion. Thanks!
yeah amazon has been plague recently with scam sellers.
Managed to find a NOT overpriced GM Sniper II in the anime Boston dealer's hall. I call that a win!
nice grab
Basic Tool Set from Tamiya.
nice, i got the same set, i for the small stickers, i had the same trouble. my first attempt at RG decals was painful.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yesterday I started watching the original Gundam TV series in HD.
Until now I've watched both series of 00, Unicorn and both Build Fighters series, so this one feels pretty different (well, similar to Unicorn).

4 episodes in, I'm really enjoying it.

Menthuss

Yesterday I started watching the original Gundam TV series in HD.
Until now I've watched both series of 00, Unicorn and both Build Fighters series, so this one feels pretty different (well, similar to Unicorn).

4 episodes in, I'm really enjoying it.

From a writing standpoint, I find UC Gundam series to be of a much higher quality than AU Gundam series. They tend to feel more grounded which is probably the similarity you picked up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
13 episodes in.
There's so much slapping.
So many annoying characters (Kai, old refugees).

I should've watched it earlier.

You know with how solid Gundam IBO turned out, I kind of have an interest in one day doing a set of alternate history dioramas.
Including moments like McGillis defeating Not-Garma, or Mikazuki and Not-Guts winning their last stand.
Just for fun's sake. Really wish I had the space/money and time to do something like that now.

Voror

yeah amazon has been plague recently with scam sellers.
nice grab
nice, i got the same set, i for the small stickers, i had the same trouble. my first attempt at RG decals was painful.

It's the really tiny ones that bug me.

Does anyone keep the sheets the pieces come in when you're done building? I've never gotten rid of any of them and I don't know why.

It's the really tiny ones that bug me. Does anyone keep the sheets the pieces come in when you're done building? I've never gotten rid of any of them and I don't know why.
i keep my decals but throw away the runners if all the parts are taken off.

for the tiny decals: since you have the basic set tools, you have all you need to apply them properly:

here's a good tutorial straight from the official gundaminfo channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJEzcT2Fu0
this'll help for RG decals.

trimming them is the hard part but i encourage you to try, can do it!

Current progress...didn't feel like breaking out my real camera...
17757394_10155969649252195_8777681785599363794_n.jpg

MG legs are fucking exhausting, but they're pretty sturdy.

Satisfied with the ending of IBO. Really enjoyed it and how they let the Gundam's shine for the last two episodes. Definitely inclined to buy all of their kits as either 1/100 or MG's. Think I'll still be starting off with Vidar for the IBO first kit. Guison is my second favorite but the lack of a 1/100 for all of them is annoying. My dream is that Barbatos will have a final kit with all of it's forms armor and weapons included lol. But then how would they make more money without 5 different kits of the Barbatos.

Anyway!

Finished my RX-79 Origins main body and just need to make the weapons. Probably going to go with the classic style weapons though I do like the new versions. Gonna do that tonight hopefully.

Also just got back from Osaka. Gawd... the amount of Gunpla there. It was heaven guys. Found some amazingly rare kits but had no real way to get them back on the plane sadly. Though I did see some guys coming back on the plane with me who bought a PG Banshee and had it check it as a whole item haha. Did not find a MG Altron though, did come across a MG Heavy Arms EW though! -sigh- not enough time or money.

Voror

i keep my decals but throw away the runners if all the parts are taken off.

for the tiny decals: since you have the basic set tools, you have all you need to apply them properly:

here's a good tutorial straight from the official gundaminfo channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJEzcT2Fu0
this'll help for RG decals.

trimming them is the hard part but i encourage you to try, can do it!

Huh I never thought about trimming them before. I tend to just be satisfied once they are all on normally. I finished Strike Freedom stickers and think it turned out well enough. Might go back and try this later then with this and Wing Zero. In the meantime I've been working on doing the stickers for the RG 00 I completed some time ago.

Thanks!

On a side note, I ended up getting the Freedom 2.0 MG with the credit I had since on Amazon the price went down and one day shipping. Actually finished the whole thing today and just need to do the stickers. I chose not to put the whole thing together and have the body parts all separate which I feel will make it easier to do. Those water slide decals look like something I might not get to for a while. But wow are MG boxes big now! I only have the MG Gundam X and that box isn't quite so large.

Debating getting one of the IBO HGs. Leaning Barbatos Lupus (heard mixed on the Lupus Rex) given how cheap but wonder if we might see an RG at some point. Vidar and Kimaris Vidar seem less likely to get RGs or MGs so might lean that way.

Satisfied with the ending of IBO. Really enjoyed it and how they let the Gundam's shine for the last two episodes. Definitely inclined to buy all of their kits as either 1/100 or MG's. Think I'll still be starting off with Vidar for the IBO first kit. Guison is my second favorite but the lack of a 1/100 for all of them is annoying. My dream is that Barbatos will have a final kit with all of it's forms armor and weapons included lol. But then how would they make more money without 5 different kits of the Barbatos.

Anyway!

Finished my RX-79 Origins main body and just need to make the weapons. Probably going to go with the classic style weapons though I do like the new versions. Gonna do that tonight hopefully.

Also just got back from Osaka. Gawd... the amount of Gunpla there. It was heaven guys. Found some amazingly rare kits but had no real way to get them back on the plane sadly. Though I did see some guys coming back on the plane with me who bought a PG Banshee and had it check it as a whole item haha. Did not find a MG Altron though, did come across a MG Heavy Arms EW though! -sigh- not enough time or money.
Damn, can't even find MG Altron in fucking Japan...now wonder why it's fucking expensive as fuck on Ebay.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Anyway!

Next time you come to Tokyo be sure to check the top floor of Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro (Mobile Building). It's a whole floor with nothing but Gunpla:

Damn, can't even find MG Altron in fucking Japan...now wonder why it's fucking expensive as fuck on Ebay.

Right. I went looking through basically every shop in Nipponbashi, all of which sell figures and gunpla, several had MASSIVE collections of Gunpla to sell but not a single one had a MG Altron, though my main purpose was to find a figure of Nina from Tekken, I was on the look out for this too. There were many other P-Bandai kits though comparatively. Hopefully it gets reissued because I guess they only made a single set of them. Also saw someone on twitch making it a few weeks ago -grr-

Next time you come to Tokyo be sure to check the top floor of Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro (Mobile Building). It's a whole floor with nothing but Gunpla:

I might have to try it next time I go. If I plan on looking at and buying a set of Gunpla next time I travel to a bigger city I will definitely bring a spare suitcase to put my stuff in. Biggest reason I did not come back with like 10 kits was no where to put them on the plane lol.

NEO0MJ

It's why I bought it and the Heavy Arms Custom as soon as possible,even though personally there were other Mobile Suits I wanted more. This exclusive business is no joke.

It's why I bought it and the Heavy Arms Custom as soon as possible,even though personally there were other Mobile Suits I wanted more. This exclusive business is no joke.
It came out before I got into Gunpla and I wasn't going to have that as my first kit cause I'm pretty sure something would get fucked up. Shit MG hands are no joke. I don't want a four fingered MG Altron. My first MG is actually going pretty well too, but dem hands bruh...

Don't tell me Providence is P Bandai exclusive...

No. Neither version is. I just got the Premium Edition for that sweet ZAFT base.

And I decided I wanted the waterslides since I planned to get the GAT-X kits (and a replacement Freedom 2.0) later on.

Speaking of that base, something about it seems new to me. There's three locks on it rather than the 1 or 2 I've seen on older Action Base 1s.

NEO0MJ

It came out before I got into Gunpla and I wasn't going to have that as my first kit cause I'm pretty sure something would get fucked up. Shit MG hands are no joke. I don't want a four fingered MG Altron. My first MG is actually going pretty well too, but dem hands bruh...

Guess you're still an oldtype if you didn't see that coming.

Man fuuuuck.

I have to wait until Friday to see the final episode of IBO. My roommate is out of town on a business trip and wants to watch it with me.

Guess you're still an oldtype if you didn't see that coming.
How was I supposed to expect MG's had individual fingers? I was expecting that closed fist thing the HG's had. And yeah...my soul is definitely weighed down by earth's gravity. I'm probably going to go crazy like Amuro's dad.

Voror

Ok, I'm in no rush then. I still don't know if I'm ever buying anything from Seed. Maybe Aegis and Justice, but that might be it.

I liked the Freedom 2.0 and I'll probably get the Justice 2.0 I think I read about. Probably leave it there though. Well, I did never get around to the RG Destiny which I got recommended here.

I feel like I should probably get some UC suits as I have none currently. I want to get a RX-78 at some point but not sure which of the versions to get. I think I saw a Char Zaku II which looked nice.

I liked the Freedom 2.0 and I'll probably get the Justice 2.0 I think I read about. Probably leave it there though. Well, I did never get around to the RG Destiny which I got recommended here.

I feel like I should probably get some UC suits as I have none currently. I want to get a RX-78 at some point but not sure which of the versions to get. I think I saw a Char Zaku II which looked nice.
I feel like what I want are mostly Wing and UC suits. I don't really want anything piloted by Kira or Shinn and they don't have MG's for the non Setsuna 00 suits.

Beth Cyra

I always try to recommend the Ver Ka 78-2, super good looking for the 78-2 or if you want one with better tech then I suggest the 3.0 as it took a lot more for the Ver Ka then it did the 2.0.

I feel like what I want are mostly Wing and UC suits. I don't really want anything piloted by Kira or Shinn and they don't have MG's for the non Setsuna 00 suits.

Hey don't forget the GN X, one of the few Mass Produced AU suits in MG form.

Voror

I think I'd like to get some MG Wing suits too, but not sure which ones I really want. I'd need to take a look at what's currently around.

That's a shame really as while I like the Setsuna units, I'd really like to get some of the others. I've thought about getting one of the Setsuna ones in MG, but I've already got 00 Raiser in RG. Already have Wing Zero Custom in RG too, which makes me lean towards not getting it in MG too.

I always try to recommend the Ver Ka 78-2, super good looking for the 78-2 or if you want one with better tech then I suggest the 3.0 as it took a lot more for the Ver Ka then it did the 2.0.

Didn't they recently do one based on The Origin too?

I've got a Gundam X and sort of want to get the Double X but that almost feels like mostly a repeat.

I've love to get the Turn-X and Turn-A too.

Hey don't forget the GN X, one of the few Mass Produced AU suits in MG form.
I'd rather instead have an MG Taurus or Aries. GN-X is a bit...ugly to me.
I think I'd like to get some MG Wing suits too, but not sure which ones I really want. I'd need to take a look at what's currently around.

That's a shame really as while I like the Setsuna units, I'd really like to get some of the others. I've thought about getting one of the Setsuna ones in MG, but I've already got 00 Raiser in RG. Already have Wing Zero Custom in RG too, which makes me lean towards not getting it in MG too.
Whatever you do get the newer ver. Ka's. They redesigned a lot of them, I'll probably get Wing ver Ka, Sandrock, Epyon and Deathscythe. Now the upgrades to those are a bit harder to find or not made yet. I don't think there's a good MG for Edgelord Deathscythe Hell Custom.

Voror

Whatever you do get the newer ver. Ka's. They redesigned a lot of them, I'll probably get Wing ver Ka, Sandrock, Epyon and Deathscythe. Now the upgrades to those are a bit harder to find or not made yet. I don't think there's a good MG for Edgelord Deathscythe Hell Custom.

Are these the Ver. EW models? I was really thinking of making the Epyon my next get. Shame about them not doing those on the Upgrades though.

Thanks, worked out slightly cheaper than amazon.

Glad to help. Not all of them seemed to be cheaper, but a few definitely were.

Beth Cyra

Didn't they recently do one based on The Origin too?

I've got a Gundam X and sort of want to get the Double X but that almost feels like mostly a repeat.

I've love to get the Turn-X and Turn-A too.

They did actually yes.

Many people really love Origin Gundam so if that styling is to your taste then it wont do you wrong.

Its a great kit from everything I've read and saw online.

Are these the Ver. EW models? I was really thinking of making the Epyon my next get. Shame about them not doing those on the Upgrades though.
Yeah those are the ones. I just got the Shenlong one and I'm thinking about buying some of the others. They have upgrades to the Heavyarms and Altron as MG's but they're P Bandai exclusive. The Altron is like guilded unicorn levels of rare.

Glad to help. Not all of them seemed to be cheaper, but a few definitely were.

darn 0083 comes out to the same price as amazon shipped

Voror

They did actually yes.

Many people really love Origin Gundam so if that styling is to your taste then it wont do you wrong.

Its a great kit from everything I've read and saw online.

I'll have to take a look at the different versions to see which I like the most. Nice to know the options though so thanks!

I really like the Nu Gundam and Sazabi, but the latter especially is quite pricey.

Yeah those are the ones. I just got the Shenlong one and I'm thinking about buying some of the others. They have upgrades to the Heavyarms and Altron as MG's but they're P Bandai exclusive. The Altron is like guilded unicorn levels of rare.

Ah good to know. I'll definitely get the Epyon then first.

Oh that's lame. I remember seeing about the Altron which did look awesome and I would have picked up. Exclusives for those kinds are kind of dumb.

darn 0083 comes out to the same price as amazon shipped

I think if you spend $50 or more then shipping is free on RightStuf, but if there's nothing else then out of luck on that I suppose.

I'll have to take a look at the different versions to see which I like the most. Nice to know the options though so thanks!

I really like the Nu Gundam and Sazabi, but the latter especially is quite pricey.

Ah good to know. I'll definitely get the Epyon then first.

Oh that's lame. I remember seeing about the Altron which did look awesome and I would have picked up. Exclusives for those kinds are kind of dumb.
I really want to get MG Nu ver. Ka. The MG Sazabi looks fucking thicc. They rolled out MG Altron like a month before I started buying gunpla and way before I started dealing with MG's you have no idea how pissed off I am about that and Altron is one of my favorite suits in Gundam.

Voror

I really want to get MG Nu ver. Ka. The MG Sazabi looks fucking thicc. They rolled out MG Altron like a month before I started buying gunpla and way before I started dealing with MG's you have no idea how pissed off I am about that and Altron is one of my favorite suits in Gundam.

I've seen some review videos and the Sazabi is definitely huge.

Looks like Tallgeese III was also an exclusive? Shame I would have liked that one as well.

It's funny but the first Gunpla kit I ever got was the Wing Gundam back when it was airing on Toonami. Wish I knew where that thing was even if it probably looks like child's play compared to the newer ones.

Top Bottom