• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Here you go

Basically the decal was pealed off, but otherwise intact

In case it's relevant, I've also included the part it's meant to be stuck on. It's meant to be the mono eye for the suit

L0mZzoy.jpg

Don't do anything until someone else confirms, but I think if you soaked it in water long enough as you normally would you could probably apply it no problem.

Llyranor

I've heard of a graphical glitch in one of the 08th MS Team blurays. How significant is it? Are there other series' blurays with flaws? How's the overall audiovisual quality of the blus, anyway? Worthy of the format?

jackal27

Banned
Was moseying home from work and this made me do a double take. Lost my damn mind when I noticed it.
FUCKIN YOOOOO!! I've never been tempted to drive a motorcycle, but I am now! Any pics of the side?

Side note: I'm on episode 22 of Victory Gundam and I'm really enjoying it aside from a couple of disjointed episodes. Something about the vibe and characters really jives with me. The mech designs could be a little more varied though. Hopefully it gets some more Mobile Suits down the line.

I've heard of a graphical glitch in one of the 08th MS Team blurays. How significant is it? Are there other series' blurays with flaws? How's the overall audiovisual quality of the blus, anyway? Worthy of the format?

I haven't heard this. Anyone else with the 08th Blu Rays having this problem?

I'm getting flashbacks to the Destiny DVDs and Bandai's replicator issues back then...

tuffy

I haven't heard this. Anyone else with the 08th Blu Rays having this problem?

I'm getting flashbacks to the Destiny DVDs and Bandai's replicator issues back then...
It would help to know what the problem is. I watched 08th MS Team on Blu Ray a few weeks ago and didn't notice anything unusual; it looked just fine on my setup.

Llyranor

It would help to know what the problem is. I watched 08th MS Team on Blu Ray a few weeks ago and didn't notice anything unusual; it looked just fine on my setup.
I've read a few reviews alluding to something in episode 9 between 16 to 18 min in. I'm just wondering how overblown the glitch actually is.

Finished Turn A.

The last few episodes were fast and loose and the overall... theme/reasoning was not well explained. The whole "awakening humanity's fighting instinct" stuff was pretty nonsense. But the characters, world, and what not were great. Love me some Dianna though. Great character that did not get "Tomino'd" as we say. Harry was great too when he was popping off during fights. Also would have liked an explanation of what freaking happened to the Gundams... cause that was weird.

Wished their were more fights since they were so well done. Really enjoyed it. Would love to make the Turn A and X now, probably going to go with the X since it's newer, after I finish my Providence which I did not even start yet lol. Was thinking I'll custom paint the X, like the gold one in Build Fighters.

Speaking of, will probably rewatch Build Fighters. I need something light and fun lately.

Also thinking about it, I think Victory is the last major Gundam series I have to watch... Might start that next year or something.

Nice. Is that part of the MG 2.0 line? Loved the Freedom, might pick this one up as well.

Well, there never was an MG Justice, they only did Infinite Justice.

So it's not a 2.0 but it will be similar to the Freedom 2.0 and Providence.

Speaking of Seed, I'll be ordering the MG Aile Strike ver RM next week to finish my display.

Paltheos

Nice. Is that part of the MG 2.0 line? Loved the Freedom, might pick this one up as well.

Should be (I'd be exceedingly surprised if it's not), although obv. the Justice never had a 1.0. Looking forward to the reviews which should come in the next few days!

AALLx

Uweeehhh... I guess the child refers to Sazabi, which is currently abandoned on Axis? This editing style isn't really working for me.

Anyway, went binge shopping today, got some nice loot (tried looking for Justice MG, doesn't seem to be available where I am yet):

And my Barbies at work:

Paltheos

First review for the MG Justice is out.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/mg_justice.html

Personal thoughts from looking at the pics:

+ To the surprise of absolutely no one, it's based off the Freedom 2.0 frame with the same fantastic articulation of that kit.
+ Same excellent surface detail as on the Freedom - Plenty of panel lines, fine points like parts? for the chest CIWS, and the Justice's designation number is molded into the backskirt too
+ A few things I like, compared to the RG: The beam sabers have a more manageable and stable set of holsters, the inside of the shoulder assembly has inner frame for when you remove the beam boomerangs, and the feet have swivel pegs built in to push into the Fatum when standing on top of it (the RG's slide-and-catch solution is elegant and stable even at preposterous angles and pressures, but I'm curious if a straight-up peg is superior)
+ Bandai didn't skimp on this kit. Unlike the Freedom 2.0, a full, standard action base is included (the Freedom came with a basic stand). Unsurprisingly the Fatum can hook into it directly - The connection looks more complicated than the RG's. This really surprises me - Even the monstrosity that is the FA Thunderbolt only came with a stand. This is really uncommon.

+/- Clear parts are uncolored, again (compared to the RG). This time though, they come with stickers! Although I'm kinda concerned how the sticker for the head spine will look. This isn't an issue if you plan on painting these parts (I will), so it's a plus for me!
+/- The beam rifle is still an affront against all that is good and holy (Freedom 2.0 rifle), but I guess some will like it. On the definite plus side, the Justice's V-fin is much simpler than the Freedom's so Bandai didn't have the leeway to fuck that up here. On the whole a few details look a little janky to me - I like the look the RG better (anime-accuracy and proportions), but the MG has more detail.

-The wing mechanism looks less sophisticated than the RG's. I'm really just nitpicking here, but the wings on the MG function on a pair of ball joints whereas the RG uses only one but that one is on a slide inside the backpack, which just offers a superior range of posing options.
-Mostly stickers with a few dry transfers, but this is a non-ver. ka release so no one's surprised here. I'm waiting on that super special P-Bandai whatever where we finally get waterslides for this. Bandai went out of their way to get waterslides for all the TV SEED kits out with the Providence so I want to believe something's on the way for Justice.

First review for the MG Justice is out.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/mg_justice.html

Personal thoughts from looking at the pics:

+ To the surprise of absolutely no one, it's based off the Freedom 2.0 frame with the same fantastic articulation of that kit.
+ Same excellent surface detail as on the Freedom - Plenty of panel lines, fine points like parts? for the chest CIWS, and the Justice's designation number is molded into the backskirt too
+ A few things I like, compared to the RG: The beam sabers have a more manageable and stable set of holsters, the inside of the shoulder assembly has inner frame for when you remove the beam boomerangs, and the feet have swivel pegs built in to push into the Fatum when standing on top of it (the RG's slide-and-catch solution is elegant and stable even at preposterous angles and pressures, but I'm curious if a straight-up peg is superior)
+ Bandai didn't skimp on this kit. Unlike the Freedom 2.0, a full, standard action base is included (the Freedom came with a basic stand). Unsurprisingly the Fatum can hook into it directly - The connection looks more complicated than the RG's. This really surprises me - Even the monstrosity that is the FA Thunderbolt only came with a stand. This is really uncommon.

+/- Clear parts are uncolored, again (compared to the RG). This time though, they come with stickers! Although I'm kinda concerned how the sticker for the head spine will look. This isn't an issue if you plan on painting these parts (I will), so it's a plus for me!
+/- The beam rifle is still an affront against all that is good and holy (Freedom 2.0 rifle), but I guess some will like it. On the definite plus side, the Justice's V-fin is much simpler than the Freedom's so Bandai didn't have the leeway to fuck that up here. On the whole a few details look a little janky to me - I like the look the RG better (anime-accuracy and proportions), but the MG has more detail.

-The wing mechanism looks less sophisticated than the RG's. I'm really just nitpicking here, but the wings on the MG function on a pair of ball joints whereas the RG uses only one but that one is on a slide inside the backpack, which just offers a superior range of posing options.
-Mostly stickers with a few dry transfers, but this is a non-ver. ka release so no one's surprised here. I'm waiting on that super special P-Bandai whatever where we finally get waterslides for this. Bandai went out of their way to get waterslides for all the TV SEED kits out with the Providence so I want to believe something's on the way for Justice.

It looks sooooo good.

Paltheos

Oh, correction. I didn't catch this when looking at the pictures the first time. A standard action base is not included with the MG Justice. What that is is the fancy, new 'action base 2.0' that so far has only been bundled with the MG Fenice Rinascita and the premium edition of the Providence and that for some reason is not up for sale separately. So hey one more incentive to buy.

Shun

Ah yes, the legendary Gundam EX A is finally ending serialization. Leos Alloy has finally brought peace to the universe, ending conflict amongst the all the Gundam universes and defeating the Four Dark Sthesias, accepting them to be all part of the one he loves most, Sthesia Awar.

First print purchasers get a code for Wedding Dress Sthesia Awar for their Maxi Boost On Navi.

Maxi Boost On story mode will now be updated to reflect Gundam EXA VS ending and you will have your vanilla ending where all the Artificial Intelligence Sthesias no longer want to suck your dick, instead choose merge back into the real Sthesia so all of them can suck Leos Alloy's dick. Leos and Sthesia get married, until Leos realizes he has to wipe her data. He sheds a tear doing so having a final moment with her as stasis returns to the world.

DC_KCVYV0AEphOL.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Man, I hate SEED, lol. Like even SEED puns make me angry, lol.

Anyways, I'm out to sea atm, how is Twilight Axis?

Top Bottom