• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DDr1l6ZUAAAQoJN.jpg:small
HNNNNNGGGGGG NEED IT NAO!!!!!! I only have the original Wing DVD's with the old school Gunpla adds that I think Toonami used to air.

novenD

It's finished!

Came out great imo. It has some frustrating parts. Namely the rubber parts between sections on the legs and what not. The use of screws made it easy to make areas TOO tight. I also don't think they were needed in general. Without using them I bet the kit would be great still. That said its sturdy as heck! Also the gimmicks for the leg holster work great while also being completely simple. Looks great glossed!

Only downsides I would say were some things like the the baton was molded in white for some reason so I painted it black. The eye camera is viably green in the anime and box, but there is no green decal so I painted that with left over green metallic paint. Ahh and the grey ends on the antenna are stickers which is weird.

Comes out a bit bigger than the average Gundam MG, (depending on which gundam) it's definitely bigger than my last kit the MG RX-78 Origins.

Providence is next but will take a break and try to focus down on that when it drops. For now going to play Gundam Versus!

Looks really slick, great work. :)

I had a chance to buy one of the Patlabor MGs a couple years ago and I didn't, which I'm really starting to regret. They're only going to get harder to find and the chances of Bandai doing another run of them is likely nil...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Because of Gundam Vs. coming out for the PS4 here this Thursday, back into Gundam mode!

Finished watching 0079 yesterday and started watching Zeta right away. Currently on episode 4/5 and I'm shocked how much better it looks than the first series.
So far the MC is acting like an idiot and there's a lot of punching.

Speaking of Gundam Vs., does anyone have any links to good guides (either English or Japanese is fine) how to play the game well?
I've spent some time playing around in the trial, but I'm terrible at it.

Speaking of Gundam Vs., does anyone have any links to good guides (either English or Japanese is fine) how to play the game well?
I've spent some time playing around in the trial, but I'm terrible at it.

Same here I'm bad lol. I got decent at Full Boost but have not played since then. Hoping to at least clear the single player stuff lol. Din't play the beta much since I planned on buying it though...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Same here I'm bad lol. I got decent at Full Boost but have not played since then. Hoping to at least clear the single player stuff lol. Din't play the beta much since I planned on buying it though...
My problem is that I never got actually good at Full Boost, but whatever, I'll manage!

Apharmd

Guys, join the discord and other Gundam discords. I think there is one specifically for new people run by team aBc, if you guys want to get in then I'll ask for an invite link.

That said I think come Sep 29th we will start seeing a flood of quality tutorials come in.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Guys, join the discord and other Gundam discords. I think there is one specifically for new people run by team aBc, if you guys want to get in then I'll ask for an invite link.

That said I think come Sep 29th we will start seeing a flood of quality tutorials come in.
I remember that I joined the IRC channel for a while when Full Boost came out, will probably jump on discord later this week.

PSA: The preload for Gundam Vs. has started! Hype!

Figured I'd post my DVDs here since eventually I'll be replacing them with Blu. As I noted in the other thread, I used to have CCA and the MSG movies, but sold them to help pay for an E3 trip years and years ago.

Watched CCA without watching most of UC besides 0080/0083 and holy shit was I confused. Eventually I realized my error. Having never researched the series too heavily at the time, I just had to keep putting Gundam series in my collection! Snapped up DVDs when I saw them at the store, bought kits and wouldn't use nippers to put them together (my fingers and lots of twisting!).

Wow what a weird random Gundam rant, well anyway....

It's finished!

Came out great imo. It has some frustrating parts. Namely the rubber parts between sections on the legs and what not. The use of screws made it easy to make areas TOO tight. I also don't think they were needed in general. Without using them I bet the kit would be great still. That said its sturdy as heck! Also the gimmicks for the leg holster work great while also being completely simple. Looks great glossed!

Only downsides I would say were some things like the the baton was molded in white for some reason so I painted it black. The eye camera is viably green in the anime and box, but there is no green decal so I painted that with left over green metallic paint. Ahh and the grey ends on the antenna are stickers which is weird.

Comes out a bit bigger than the average Gundam MG, (depending on which gundam) it's definitely bigger than my last kit the MG RX-78 Origins.

Providence is next but will take a break and try to focus down on that when it drops. For now going to play Gundam Versus!
i like it. just love the look "like a toy from the 80's" style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lvJ6eFcCJE

----

Finished panel-lining and half-decaling my RG Qan[T]. Took me an entire day and still haven't been able to place all decals (back hurts now).

Entire album here: https://imgur.com/a/tvxf9
nice! you're a trooper to actually do the RG decals. it usually takes me several days to do. i started decaling as i build to get the tough to reach parts out of the way.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Figured I'd post my DVDs here since eventually I'll be replacing them with Blu. As I noted in the other thread, I used to have CCA and the MSG movies, but sold them to help pay for an E3 trip years and years ago.

Watched CCA without watching most of UC besides 0080/0083 and holy shit was I confused. Eventually I realized my error. Having never researched the series too heavily at the time, I just had to keep putting Gundam series in my collection! Snapped up DVDs when I saw them at the store, bought kits and wouldn't use nippers to put them together (my fingers and lots of twisting!).

Wow what a weird random Gundam rant, well anyway....

Nice! Love seeing all of those vintage DVD releases.:D

Sometimes living in a small city isn't so bad. DAY -1
The red and white thing is a little card with a dlc code for Scramble and Virtue Gundams. Mom and pop place I go to for games always wraps the extras in these craft paper things for some reason.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sometimes living in a small city isn't so bad. DAY -1
The red and white thing is a little card with a dlc code for Scramble and Virtue Gundams. Mom and pop place I go to for games always wraps the extras in these craft paper things for some reason.
Nice!
I still have to wait 4,5 hours before the digital preorder unlocks.

If you want to play together sometimes, send me a PSN friend invite, my name is in my profile.

Nice!
I still have to wait 4,5 hours before the digital preorder unlocks.

If you want to play together sometimes, send me a PSN friend invite, my name is in my profile.

Cool I'll add you later. Gotta go to dinner now but just messing around with the menus seems like there will be a lot to unlock. Strikers, operators and what not as well as extra pilots!

The digital version unlocked and ready to go!

Gonna send a request and maybe we can co-op soon like this weekend or something. Using my JP account since thats where all the DLC will be. Dinner turned into a night of helldivers as well lol so no time tonight. -edit- gonna check if dlc crosses accounts, if so ill use my main one.

70gj5pS.gif

Gonna send a request and maybe we can co-op soon like this weekend or something. Using my JP account since thats where all the DLC will be. Dinner turned into a night of helldivers as well lol so no time tonight. -edit- gonna check if dlc crosses accounts, if so ill use my main one.

Hot Scramble and Barbatos Lupus showed up on my US account. :)

My PSN is gevurah22 if anyone wants to add.

Laputa_94

I am trying to hold myself off from buying Gundam versus sooner rather than later, so I decided to platinum Gundam Breaker 3. It wasn't that hard per say, but I had to spend a loooooong time playing levels over and over just so I could learn all of the ex-actions.

firelogic

Kind of slow around here lately. Just popped in to say I started building the RG Sinanju and I'm in love with the feet! lol. It's my 6th RG kit and it's definitely got the best looking feet so far. Oh and the glossy red is absolutely beautiful!

(I don't have a foot fetish)

AALLx

nice! you're a trooper to actually do the RG decals. it usually takes me several days to do. i started decaling as i build to get the tough to reach parts out of the way.

Thanks to your motivational support, I've completed my second RG, panel lines and stickers and all. I'm really loving the RG now:
Full album:http://imgur.com/a/f8jaD

MGs are still my one true love though. Already picked up the MG Qan[T}, and already considering the Red Frame Astray.

Thanks to your motivational support, I've completed my second RG, panel lines and stickers and all. I'm really loving the RG now:

Full album:http://imgur.com/a/f8jaD

MGs are still my one true love though. Already picked up the MG Qan[T}, and already considering the Red Frame Astray.

hey that's some good stuff! those RG decals take a lot precision and patience.

i was just at the Gundam Planet a few minutes ago:

Two more days of work then I can relax on a long weekend. My friend is leaving for two weeks too so no random drinking parties ect. I might start and finish my Providence!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of Gunpla, I grabbed the IBO 1/100 Vidar last week. Was thinking about it for the last few months, but I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. Making it took me one evening. I haven't made a gunpla in months, so I was pleasantly surprised about that.
Pictures:

Thanks to Gundam VS I got into a Gundam mood - started watching Zeta/G Gundam, and grabbed Justice which I might try making over the long weekend:

novenD

hey that's some good stuff! those RG decals take a lot precision and patience.

i was just at the Gundam Planet a few minutes ago:

That Sazabi is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. D:

I've only been to New York once, and going to Gundam Planet was the highlight of the whole trip. I want to go back someday. :(

yami4ct

Doing my first full painted build for the first time in ages. Working on the MG Crossbone Full Cloth. Right now all the frame/frame colored parts are done and primed and I finished nub sanding the white and yellows today. Going to do the reds and blues tomorrow. I forgot how tiring and tedious it can be to try to actually take nubs super seriously.

I'll post some good in progress photos when I start painting for real, but I've got to wait for my airbrush to get back from servicing. Hopefully next week. I've never been able to get a fully successful paint job that I've been super satisfied with on a kit yet, but I'm really starting to feel this one.

Also have a 1/100 Barbatos Lupus Rex that I hand painted the details on but still needs a matte coat to finish. Will go ahead and do that with my MG at the end.

Two more days of work then I can relax on a long weekend. My friend is leaving for two weeks too so no random drinking parties ect. I might start and finish my Providence!
drink and gunpla!
Speaking of Gunpla, I grabbed the IBO 1/100 Vidar last week. Was thinking about it for the last few months, but I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. Making it took me one evening. I haven't made a gunpla in months, so I was pleasantly surprised about that.
Pictures:
Justice MG!
That Sazabi is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. D:
I've only been to New York once, and going to Gundam Planet was the highlight of the whole trip. I want to go back someday. :(
yeah, they are so friendly in there with lots of stuff.
Doing my first full painted build for the first time in ages. Working on the MG Crossbone Full Cloth. Right now all the frame/frame colored parts are done and primed and I finished nub sanding the white and yellows today. Going to do the reds and blues tomorrow. I forgot how tiring and tedious it can be to try to actually take nubs super seriously.

I'll post some good in progress photos when I start painting for real, but I've got to wait for my airbrush to get back from servicing. Hopefully next week. I've never been able to get a fully successful paint job that I've been super satisfied with on a kit yet, but I'm really starting to feel this one.

Also have a 1/100 Barbatos Lupus Rex that I hand painted the details on but still needs a matte coat to finish. Will go ahead and do that with my MG at the end.
oh nice! cross bone =)

yami4ct

Still doing prep work on the Crossbone FC, but just realized how bad the seam on the muramasa blaster is. Trying to think of what might be the best way to fix it. Right now, I'm thinking of painting the yellow beam holders, masking them while they're outside the blaster, fixing the seam+painting the white blaster and then cut the mask off the yellow beam parts. That looks to me to be the easiest thing to do as it doesn't seem that it's possible to insert those yellow parts after assembly of the blaster/sword nor does masking them after seem like a workable plan.

For reference, I'm talking about the giant sword here.

Luckily the skull emblems can be added after so those yellow bits down the middle are the main issue. I'm still very new to seam fixing, so maybe I'm missing an idea here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cool, won't have to rent episodes 5-8. Although maybe they'll pop up on Japanese streaming services by then.

duckroll

Compilation movie announced

The key visual is very nice but I can't in good faith recommend this second season to anyone. It feels so flimsy and incomplete. As a film it'll hold up no better. There's really no "arc" to this part of the story at all. It introduces a new setting, a new threat, and then before anything even happens in this scenario all the characters go "omg!" and it ends. Zero satisfaction.

I think Volume 10 is releasing in Japan soon. 8 and 9 could probably be mashed together into one episode since 8 is relatively uneventful. The current arc still feels like it has a bit to go but there has been quite a few twists and turns in the recent chapters

There's a PV for Bandit Flower, but there's no new footage:
https://twitter.com/gundam_tb/status/886742784010371072
Also, it's mostly explosions

The key visual is very nice but I can't in good faith recommend this second season to anyone. It feels so flimsy and incomplete. As a film it'll hold up no better. There's really no "arc" to this part of the story at all. It introduces a new setting, a new threat, and then before anything even happens in this scenario all the characters go "omg!" and it ends. Zero satisfaction.

It probably would have worked better if they waited for the story to develop more before they went and adapted it, but at the current rate its going that would probably take at least another 2 years before they could get to some kind of satisfying conclusion. It could probably work well as a 12 episode series, but I wonder how much the animation quality would suffer if they had to release it weekly

RangerBAD

Yeah, it's a big picture season. It'll work with future episodes.

duckroll

Yeah I really think they should have waited an extra year for Thunderbolt. Having 8-12 episodes in 2018 would work far better than having 4 episodes in 2017 and waiting a year for another 4 episodes, with the way this arc is paced.

It could probably work well as a 12 episode series, but I wonder how much the animation quality would suffer if they had to release it weekly

Don't see why a 12 episodes series can't be released monthly as it already is, on VOD. Doesn't have to be weekly.

Don't see why a 12 episodes series can't be released monthly as it already is, on VOD. Doesn't have to be weekly.

That would be preferred, but I'm not confident that Sunrise would be willing to commit more than a year for an ONA series.

Hopefully, with the success of things like the Castlevania Netflix series they'll consider investing more time and money into these kinds of projects

Top Bottom