• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Woot. Providence was a blast, I think you'll love it.

FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN DO NOT DETAIL ALL 11 DRAGOONS IN ONE SITTING YOU WILL GO INSANE.

what? you got providence for your bday? awesome!
happy birthday =)

Thanks for the happy birthday!

And yeah my biggest worry was detailing this thing haha. 11 seperate Dragoon funnels seems like it might be insane. Never got to start my Patlabor cause of a busy last weekend and this week/end will be no different. GAH I just wanna start building but can only take like an hour after work today and no real time this weekend. I love dedicating a morning/afternoon to this hobby, can't do just an hour and be satisfied.

Also going to Hong Kong next weekend. @.@

Guys!

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Milia F. Jenius Custom(Pre-order) up on amiami
price:20,240Yen
KqscyYt.jpg

Paltheos

Well, I guess someone had to do Testament. But watch Bandai announce a MG or RE/100 of it now just to kill the competition.

I'm still holding out hope that Regenerate will get some kind of kit. But considering the size it'll probably be an HG (but I'd kill for a RE/100).

For those that don't know Regenerate's in-universe height is about 5 meters shorter than the Psyco Gundam. So it's a big boy.

Bandai rarely does niche MGs outside of UC so probably not, and RE/100 is unofficially just a 1/100 UC line for the super-niche*, so probably not.

I had no idea the Regenerate's so big! No wonder we've never gotten an anything for it. (Shame though. I'd love a model for that MA attack mode. Looks boss.)

I'm just salty we didn't get a RE/100 Gaia.

I said this in AnimeGaf, but thinking about it, it makes more sense to post here:
Any super robot wars fans here? I just started Z3.1, on chapter 9 next and finally getting Black Getter, my all time favorite super robot.

I've only played R before, which used shin vs new instead of Armageddon. But god I can't find decent guides for this anywhere. I can find menu translation, stats, flow paths and when various robots turn up, but I can't find anything to tell me the victory conditions or special conditions.

So I'm thinking, before I rebuild the Freedom 2.0 and get the Justice, I'm gonna work through the 5 GAT-X Gundams.

But should I go Duel - Buster - Blitz - Aegis - Strike? Cause honestly I realllly wanna build the Aegis first.

RangerBAD

I said this in AnimeGaf, but thinking about it, it makes more sense to post here:
Any super robot wars fans here? I just started Z3.1, on chapter 9 next and finally getting Black Getter, my all time favorite super robot.

I've only played R before, which used shin vs new instead of Armageddon. But god I can't find decent guides for this anywhere. I can find menu translation, stats, flow paths and when various robots turn up, but I can't find anything to tell me the victory conditions or special conditions.

There's a SWR OT in Community on the gaming side.

Beth Cyra

I'm a huge fan of the SRW games but I haven't played V as it lacks Grendizer, Getter G and GundamWing.

So I'm thinking, before I rebuild the Freedom 2.0 and get the Justice, I'm gonna work through the 5 GAT-X Gundams.

But should I go Duel - Buster - Blitz - Aegis - Strike? Cause honestly I realllly wanna build the Aegis first.

I wanted to build an Aegis until I dealt with my first transforming MG.

Aegis was my first MG. It's honestly the strangest thing I've ever built lol. It kinda scared me from transformable but might get back on that horse soon. It looks awesome though! Want to do the strange thing first or last is the question lol.

There's a SWR OT in Community on the gaming side.
Oh cool. I had no idea. Thanks. Maybe I'll post in there tomorrow.

I'm a huge fan of the SRW games but I haven't played V as it lacks Grendizer, Getter G and GundamWing.

Wow really? No Wing and lacking Getter? I think I read it at least has Shin Getter, but it feels like Shin is nearly in everything where as the rest showing up are a bit hit or miss.

Aegis was my first MG. It's honestly the strangest thing I've ever built lol. It kinda scared me from transformable but might get back on that horse soon. It looks awesome though! Want to do the strange thing first or last is the question lol.
I remember putting the wings on the backpack of my Rezel and it felt like I was supposed to have four hands to accomplish it. Took me like 45 minutes and a lot of cursing.

It would be my 24th MG >_> Btw, did you have any problems getting it to hold its beam rifle? I've seen that mentioned a few places.

Eh, strangest thing I've built so far would be the RG Zeta, for sure.

Who's hyped for more THUNDERBOLT next week?!

I'm curious how they'll handle the episode. They could potentially be squeezing Io's background from Volume 4 + Daryl's part of Volume 5 + the entire antarctic battle in Volume 6 all into a 20 minute episode. They could put off Daryl's part until next month's episode, but I don't know what that leaves them with for the final episode.

But at least we'll get Bianca, who is probably the best female pilot in a recent Gundam series

Beth Cyra

Oh cool. I had no idea. Thanks. Maybe I'll post in there tomorrow.

Wow really? No Wing and lacking Getter? I think I read it at least has Shin Getter, but it feels like Shin is nearly in everything where as the rest showing up are a bit hit or miss.
It does have Shin Getter from Getter Arm but honestly I've never been a fan of Getter 1 and it's evolutions.

I much more a fan of the Dragon family with G, Shin Dragon, and Neo Getter.

Plus Getter Arm doesn't have the cheesy but awesome Getter anime theme.

Also nope on Wing, OO has kinda taken over a lot of the EW roles from previous games, hopefully one day they use Glory to make Wing fresh.

That said I almost bought the game for ZZ but just could not bring myself too.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

It is worth playing just to see everyone from Cross Ange falling for Athrun.

And Kira telling shinn to shut up. They managed to put a lot of Gundam seed stuff in there even though the game story line happen after the event of seed destiny.

Beth Cyra

It is worth playing just to see everyone from Cross Ange falling for Athrun.

And Kira telling shinn to shut up. They managed to put a lot of Gundam seed stuff in there even though the game story line happen after the event of seed destiny.

May I ask?

I like Cross Ange all for Hilda who I think is a great lesbian character, does she flirt with any of the women or is it all just Cross Ange women flirting with Athrun?

Paltheos

It would be my 24th MG >_> Btw, did you have any problems getting it to hold its beam rifle? I've seen that mentioned a few places.

Eh, strangest thing I've built so far would be the RG Zeta, for sure.

I've built the Aegis!
Super fun build for how out of the ordinary it is. The frame is near Zeta-levels of weirdness. There are allot of nitpicks I have with it, like how certain waist pieces are wont to fall off and the red looks a little too washed out, and how, yeah, the rifle grip for me is literally non-existent (that's... actually more of a major problem than a nitpick).

Even still, I recommend it to anyone interested. It does everything else you'd expect an Aegis to do which is no small feat. The transformation's good, it has tons of points to latch the rifle/shield (and the arm's plenty strong enough to support holding shield while it's also holding the rifle), the accessories are cool - The rifle has the Aegis' designation number ingraved into it, you get four unique beam blades (four! unlike The O).

I leave mine in MA attack mode because I like the look of the design and for having that plasma cannon being visible.

I've built the Aegis!
Super fun build for how out of the ordinary it is. The frame is near Zeta-levels of weirdness. There are allot of nitpicks I have with it, like how certain waist pieces are wont to fall off and the red looks a little too washed out, and how, yeah, the rifle grip for me is literally non-existent (that's... actually more of a major problem than a nitpick).

Even still, I recommend it to anyone interested. It does everything else you'd expect an Aegis to do which is no small feat. The transformation's good, it has tons of points to latch the rifle/shield (and the arm's plenty strong enough to support holding shield while it's also holding the rifle), the accessories are cool - The rifle has the Aegis' designation number ingraved into it, you get four unique beam blades (four! unlike The O).

I leave mine in MA attack mode because I like the look of the design and for having that plasma cannon being visible.

Sounds pretty good. But I finally decided to just get the 5 SEED Gundams in order, so I ordered the MG Duel (and a clear Action Base 1). But now I have something to look forward to as I work through them.

Also while I was out today I found an HG Atlas Gundam and picked it up. Will have pics up when I finish it.

Scavenger

Received the French Gundam Trilogy and Zeta part 1 Blu-ray sets from Amazon.fr. Region B locked, English/French subtitles (plus English dub for Zeta) and the Gundam Trilogy set contains the original theatrical mono track. The Rightstuf release will not contain the original theatrical mono track, so if you're region free avoid the Rightstuf release and buy the French/UK release instead. The surround track from 2000 is bad.

tuffy

Now that a Japanese release of 0080 is pending, a Western release is only a matter of time. Maybe late 2018 if we're lucky.

So for April I decided to put together Lt. Burning's Custom GM. Next weekend is the detailing and decals, but overall this has been a pretty easy model to put together. There aren't a lot of smaller internal details or workings, I assume since this was never one of the main mechs, or even featured all that prominently, or the fact that the kit is even quite old.

Still was a fun, quick (3 hours) build though. And Lt. Burning is one of my favorite supporting characters.

HGUC REVIVE Alex finally maybe? And hopefully RightStuf can get this out in the west within the next year or so.

Also, HG Atlas is done! Not a difficult build at all. Though I swear these Thunderbolt kits have about as many decals as an RG.

EDIT: Well, next day and look what came in. GundamPlanet's shipping speed is something else.

Time to put those waterslides I got with the Providence to use.

Paltheos

Not interested myself.
Those thin legs look concerning though. Is it gonna be poseable with all that weight above it? Might need an action base.

Hamma Hamma? More like HaMEH HaMEH imo.

Anyways, base Duel is finished. Got some finals to do the next two days then I'll get the Assault Shroud parts finished. But I swear, some of the parts in the chest and backpack were ridiculously tight, I almost broke the part the top left thruster slides on to because it just would not go. So if the back thrusters look off center that's why.

And yay for finally getting to use those waterslides I got with the Providence, I think they look pretty good.

Anyways, base Duel is finished. Got some finals to do the next two days then I'll get the Assault Shroud parts finished. But I swear, some of the parts in the chest and backpack were ridiculously tight, I almost broke the part the top left thruster slides on to because it just would not go. So if the back thrusters look off center that's why.

And yay for finally getting to use those waterslides I got with the Providence, I think they look pretty good.
Didn't you just get this yesterday? How'd you build it so fast?

Didn't you just get this yesterday? How'd you build it so fast?

Well, I built the upper body and weapons yesterday and the lower section today. It helps that I was off work yesterday so I had more free time.

This is actually slow for me. Way back when I first started I'd build a kit in one sitting, whether it was a HG or a MG.

Well, I built the upper body and weapons yesterday and the lower section today. It helps I was off work yesterday so I had more free time.

This is actually slow for me. Way back when I first started I'd build a kit in one sitting, whether it was a HG or a MG.
Probably also helps that you are way better at these things than I am.

Hey, keep doing them and you'll get good, too.
True. I need to find more IDGAF suits to experiment on. I don't want to butcher my Shenlong. My HG Nu Gundam turned out well enough, but the Rezel gave me nightmares on certain spots. The regular common sense pieces are fine, but I almost broke the wing portion putting it together. I'd like to assume anything that doesn't transform will be fine enough, but man I don't want to risk it.

resized images for clarity:
nEWXclV.png

jRoFteI.png

Top Bottom