• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo World Championship Finals | 24th - 26th March, 2017

jem0208

Tsquared is playing again? Guess commentating wasn't enough for good old Tom.

Might give this a watch. Loved watching Halo 2/Halo 3 MLG and I still recognize some faces.

Nah, T2 is only commentating. He has a stake in Str8 Rippen though.

Also, less that 2 hours to go! Whoo!

Pretty cool picture with scrim stats for Optic Gaming from Halo Data Hive

(seriously check out this site, PERFECT execution of the waypoint API system)

On twitter, he mentioned he might do them for other teams as well.

Damn Snakebite is always laser focused

Tsquared is playing again? Guess commentating wasn't enough for good old Tom.

Might give this a watch. Loved watching Halo 2/Halo 3 MLG and I still recognize some faces.

Nah, T2 is only commentating. He has a stake in Str8 Rippen though.

Also, less that 2 hours to go! Whoo!

And I should add that T2 is a GREAT commentator

Gestault

I saw a few chunks of this last year on the ESPN TVs at my gym, and it was a good showing. The meta-strategies are beyond what I've had time to play, it's one of the few times competative commentary was necessary for me.

jem0208

Damn Snakebite is always laser focused

Snakebite is probably the best player in the game right now. He's just so good.

I saw a few chunks of this last year on the ESPN TVs at my gym, and it was a good showing. The meta-strategies are beyond what I've had time to play, it's one of the few times competative commentary was necessary for me.

The meta isn't actually that complex, it's highly dependent on the map/mode combo though so there's a lot to learn. Definitely means good commentary is useful for those who aren't as familiar.

For example Regret slayer is all about getting 2-4 players down, forcing spawns in one of the two bases (basically having your team spread out across the rest of the map) then collapsing and repeating. Eden slayer on the other hand is completely different.

And I should add that T2 is a GREAT commentator
T2 is fantastic, his game knowledge is top notch so he's got really good insight and analysis into how teams are playing. He's also really clear and concise.

That said, Simms is BAE.
6RNt0R5.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
now the inevitable question - do i start the stream from the beginning this evening when i get home from work and try to catch up all weekend but in reality take about a week to get 90% through it only to be spoiled or just give up because "optic is going to blow out whoever is in the finals anyway" OR watch live when i'm able and catch up on what I missed, or don't later?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
now the inevitable question - do i start the stream from the beginning this evening when i get home from work and try to catch up all weekend but in reality take about a week to get 90% through it only to be spoiled or just give up because "optic is going to blow out whoever is in the finals anyway" OR watch live when i'm able and catch up on what I missed, or don't later?

Probably just watch when you can. Too much to catch up on. I'm gonna miss tomorrow, but I don't want to wait to watch the finals.

jem0208

Really good first game so far.

Oh shit! Splyce takes game 1 3-2!

I thought nV was dominating that initially, so much outslaying going on.

jem0208

Supremacy take a map against Crowd Pleasers!

Cratos going -7 in Eden slayer.

Series is tied 1-1.

Aaaaaand the messages start coming in. How difficult is it to disable notifications?

Splyce got off to a great start with that win, which was surprising because NV was out slaying them. NV got the win on slayer but damn that was close.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Beam is pretty sweet.

is this on xbox one yet? my internet isnt the best and sometimes its difficult to get a decent quality stream from twitch. would love to give beam a shot

Trup1aya

I need updates! Of my employees won't answer the damn phone so I gotta go due his job- in an area with poor cell coverage...

Top Bottom