• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit trilogy - News, rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Legolas does something silly and flashy again, I will be cranky.

He will mount a spider and use his blades to control it somehow, after which he will set fire to all of them and chop off all their legs. And he will do it with finesse. You know this.

Sibylus

Banned
He will mount a spider and use his blades to control it somehow, after which he will set fire to all of them and chop off all their legs. And he will do it with finesse. You know this.
Edmond Dantès;56852288 said:
He'll have competition this time from his female counterpart; Tauriel.
So long as it doesn't read as naked showboating, I can swallow finesse. Elsewise, buttons will be pushed!

Yay!! I'm so glad to see another thread-home <3 And somehow, I am not surprised that Edmond had a solid fifth of the posts in the last one. Pro.

I'll work on my Hobbit post for the Tolkien thread tonight :)

Dmax3901

Thanks for making this thread Edmond, and well done on making quite so many posts! Impressive effort.

Pretty sure this is the first time I've been on a Wall of Shame too, so yay me.

Looking forward to more production videos and, of course, the trailers.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
lIwMNWd.gif

I wonder what our burglar is doing here. Could that red flash be dragon fire related?

Beren

Ohhh awesome gif! we all know where Bilbo is! (no spoilerage) very nice :D

I wish they could make the Silmarillion, but that would be like a lot movies.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just found this thread after realizing that the other thread had been locked. My body is ready.

Yay! New thread!

In regards to Legolas, I would like to see him not quite as acrobatic. It would be funny to see him try something like in LOTR but fail miserably. (maybe hes still refining his moves or something).

It doesn't bother me as much now because I expect the ridiculous stuff like that in the movies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hadn't kept up with hobbit news, are the last two films definitely both in December? Last I read, which might have been a while ago now, was that one was December and the next 6 months later and in the summer.

Which is good, because I prefer one a year apart instead of having one in the middle of summer, always prefer a good fantasy film going into Christmas.

t-ramp

Cool, here's hoping the next couple movies are less stupid than the first.

What's the spoiler policy in this thread?

bengraven

OUCH.

Even after taking the last 4 months off, I'm STILL #5?

Businessman-Sitting-in-Corner-with-Dunce-Hat-Posters.jpg

Edmond Dantès;56880256 said:
I wonder what our burglar is doing here. Could that red flash be dragon fire related?

He needs to watch his mouth around thousands year old hate machines of Melkor.

You know, of all the books in the world, I think the Tolkien books are one I'd love to re-read for the first time again. Anyone want to hit me on the head really hard?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Cool, here's hoping the next couple movies are less stupid than the first.

What's the spoiler policy in this thread?
Same as the previous thread.

Spoiler tags on anything pertaining to key plot points for the next two films.

Anything goes regarding An Unexpected Journey.

will we have to wait until the trilogy has been completed to get extended editions???
The first extended releases just before The Desolation of Smaug.

bengraven

So weird we're getting extended extended editions.

But that said, it's a pattern I was used to back in the early 2000s so I'm okay with returning to it. Unfortunately I'm not a single 20 something anymore who can drop 75 bucks on a special edition...let's see if my wife can be sympathetic.

Edmond Dantès;56891758 said:
By being GAF's resident Tolkien scholar. What can I say, I like talking Tolkien.

It's fun talking Tolkien with you.

Too bad Stephen Colbert couldn't join the forum and contribute as well. ;)

Herne

There's something odd about Legolas' face, even in such a small image. Too heavy makeup or something? His eyes look weird, too.

Edmond Dantès;56880256 said:
lIwMNWd.gif

I watched the vlogs again last night and I thought it might be his eye-light, since that's described as being red as well.

Reyne

There's something odd about Legolas' face, even in such a small image. Too heavy makeup or something? His eyes look weird, too.

Well, Orlando is not as young as he were, either. Frankly, I had the same impression of looking at Legolas in that picture as seeing Frodo in The Hobbit. They just have more mature features than they did in 2001.

kingocfs

Well, Orlando is not as young as he were, either. Frankly, I had the same impression of looking at Legolas in that picture as seeing Frodo in The Hobbit. They just have more mature features than they did in 2001.

Makeup can only do so much. Frodo was pretty jarring.

Onikaan

More Dwarven history please!

The flashback to the Battle of Azanulbizar was my favourite part of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom