• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Red Dead Redemption 2.
It's trending on twitter every day. Forums and social media are all about Starfield, and MS hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been a Bethesda guy, but I am a space guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Elder Scrolls came out?

liquidzr0

Neo Member
The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Red Dead Redemption 2.
It's trending on twitter every day. Forums and social media are all about Starfield, and MS hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been a Bethesda guy, but I am a space guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Elder Scrolls came out?
Cyberpunk 2077 had similar amounts of hype leading up to it's launch. Definitely gonna play Starfield after some patches

ByWatterson

Ifc Is It Though GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

fallingdove

I think it’s overblown - it’s trending because every Xbox fanboy won’t let the world forget about it. They need this to be a success, even changing their avatars to a Starfield logo a year before gameplay was shown.

Pimpbaa

Not for those that only own a PS5 and/or Switch. Probably a significant amount. Xbox owners alone wouldn’t be a whole lot, but there is probably a huge amount of PC gamers looking forward to this.

A lot of people in the gaming community are talking about it for sure. But I dont see a lot of commercials. I am sure they will go all out soon.

I am personally more hyped for Like a Dragon Gaiden. From the gameplay clips I have seen we get to play as Kiryu with much better crowd control combat abilities which is what I have been saying these games need.

Needlecrash

I'm not seeing much hype around it personally. Maybe when it's closer to launch when we'll see more of it. At a whopping 130gbs on PC, it's definitely a hefty game.

Saber

Gold Member
Not sure where this hype is from, which also seems to reflect the sales in preparation for the game, which is non existant. Still I'm happy for you guys being hyped for the game though, hope its good and hope you guys have fun with it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm really looking forward to all the goofy clips that will come out. That's not a knock either, it's Bethesda, gonna be awesome in that regard.

Robb

Gold Member
I haven’t seen much hype around it but I barely use social media, I’m starting to get pretty pumped myself though.

Crayon

I hope it delivers for people who excited about it but I personally waaaaaaaaay more excited for Armored Core VI and we are so close…..
giphy.gif

Way more hype for ac. A lot of it is that I want to wait for starfield to do some post launch development, though. Paid off for cyberpunk but that was a long wait.

The comparisons to Baldur's Gate will be brutal, very unfortunate timing.
Baldurs Gate 3 had hype, this doesn’t seem anywhere near that. Hardly anyone talking about it from what I see. Nice try tho.
And in this case the hype came mostly after release when people realized how good the game is. Can Starfield pull off the same feat? I will press X on that one.

Last edited:

k_trout

gamers lol...too much hype, not enough hype
hype is in your heart, you nurture it like a seedling, you water it, help it grow untill it blocks out all the sunlight, drags you into the basement and kills you with your own expectations

Last edited:
Top Bottom