• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After today the hype for Spider-Man 2 is massive and growing!

Unknown?

The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Hogwarts Legacy.
It's trending on twitter. Forums and social media are all about Spider-Man now, and Sony hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been an Insomniac guy, but I am a superhero guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Ratchet came out?

Spider-Man 2's reveal trailer had 29 million views on YouTube. The Gameplay reveal from 3 months ago has 16 million views on the PlayStation YouTube channel and another 15 million views on the Marvel channel.

The story trailer from 1 month ago has 13 million views... Now THAT'S hype!!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Kerotan

I turned it off when they showed the extended map. Getting it Day one so don't want to be impressed until then. Did they show any puddles?

Certinty

I’m not sure why anyone doubted this would happen.

It’s been evident for quite a while they were planning an all out approach nearer to the time rather than staggered stuff for a longer period of time.

This is just the beginning. The next month will be insane.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I’m not sure why anyone doubted this would happen.

It’s been evident for quite a while they were planning an all out approach nearer to the time rather than staggered stuff for a longer period of time.

This is just the beginning. The next month will be insane.
Sony's approach is generally to the let their games do the talking and part of the reason they are in the market position they're in now. Just a strategic cluster of successful moves all around and this game is about to break sales records like crazy!

Looks a lot better now than they originally showed it. I am not a big Spiderman fan (as far as the hero goes) but I am always down for a well made and fun comic book/superhero game.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It still kinda looks like more of the same, although I'll give them that - at least the graphics looked better this time.

So again, considering that I already played this twice before, my enthusiasm is rather mild. I might even skip it upon the initial release in favour of games that I'm more interested in. Plenty to choose from.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Hogwarts Legacy.
It's trending on twitter. Forums and social media are all about Spider-Man now, and Sony hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been an Insomniac guy, but I am a superhero guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Ratchet came out?

Spider-Man 2's reveal trailer had 29 million views on YouTube. The Gameplay reveal from 3 months ago has 16 million views on the PlayStation YouTube channel and another 15 million views on the Marvel channel.

The story trailer from 1 month ago has 13 million views... Now THAT'S hype!!
The lack of advertising is worrying. Seems Sony have no confidence in the game.

Unknown?

Spidey 2018. Miles Morales. Now Spidey 2!

Gritty stories that explore the depth's of Spidey's humanity. Awesome boss fights. The Rhino. New York City's atmosphere. Addicting Freeflow combat. The range of abilities, gadgets and puzzles..
However their flaws may be, the games stand tall as some powerful games.
Hell I actually feel like I'm Spider-Man. The immersion's just so powerful. The Spider-Man games haven't been topped in the super hero gaming space!

Crayon

I'm going to skip it but this is going to sell like crazy. I can see why they weren't too worried about getting anything else out this year.

Fbh

Not really sure what changed after today other than the graphics during the golden hour looking nicer (just like in the first game).

But I never doubted the game would be huge. People love Spiderman and they love the first 2 games. This was a guaranteed hit unless they really fucked up

Unknown?

Not really sure what changed after today other than the graphics during the golden hour looking nicer (just like in the first game).

But I never doubted the game would be huge. People love Spiderman and they love the first 2 games. This was a guaranteed hit unless they really fucked up
No one ever really did. This is just making fun of the effort to baselessly claim no hype for Spider-Man while also manufacturing fake hype for *that other game*... Don't get me wrong, that other game had lots of real hype but it also had a lot of fake hype.

When previews drop today, that's when things really get started and won't stop!

Top Bottom