• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Trailer reaches 3.4 Million views in 24 hours

The Starfield Direct doesn't even have a million views yet. And even counting the official trailer, separate from the Direct, from both Bethesda and Xbox channels barely brings that over 500k combined. So not even 1.5 million with those together. The Spider-Man 2 gameplay trailer from two weeks ago on just the PlayStation channel alone has over 10 million views.

If we're trying to combine those numbers with the viewership of the entire showcase they were a part of, well that's silly.
Spiderman more popular IP. Its much older and more popular IP with comics, TV shows, movies and highly successful video games. So obviously it will attract more numbers.

Starfield is a new ip and still not a popular amongst masses yet. Most views its getting is because fans of Skyrim and Fallout but mostly Skyrim fans are curious to see what kind of game Bethesda making now.

I bet Elder Scrolls 6 will do 10 times more numbers than Starfield as its next installment in ES franchise.

Ozriel

M$FT
I think you're confused. Numbers don't have an opinion and never lie. The numbers are what they are. Extrapolating a negative view from a statistical fact, speaks volumes about creating said opinion.

Feels kinda meaningless, though. MK1 has double the views of Starfield from your Discord chat, but doesn’t even show up on Steam wishlists or top sellers where Starfield tops in both categories.

Cheers anyway. The effort is appreciated.

feynoob

I think you're confused. Numbers don't have an opinion and never lie. The numbers are what they are. Extrapolating a negative view from a statistical fact, speaks volumes about creating said opinion.
They are meaningless.

It gives you an idea of demand and Xbox Showcase on Xbox channel looks to be on pace to surpass PS Showcase on PS channel.

I wonder if you would keep this same mentality if it does.
All it does is add fuel to console war argument. Nothing more nothing less.

Pelta88

Feels kinda meaningless, though. MK1 has double the views of Starfield from your Discord chat, but doesn’t even show up on Steam wishlists or top sellers where Starfield tops in both categories.

Cheers anyway. The effort is appreciated.

I didn't compile the list or view count. It's from discord.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Does it matter? Could be 0 views, the game is going to sell well regardless.

Will it though?

What would you consider well? Because I think this game "SHOULD" be able to sell 15 million in the first year. What say you?

anthraticus

Banned
Popamolers that play shit like this are the ones who care more about hype, 'what everybody else is playing', how many units are sold, as opposed to the actual quality of the game...LOL.

Robb

Gold Member
Will it though?

What would you consider well? Because I think this game "SHOULD" be able to sell 15 million in the first year. What say you?
It all becomes a bit foggy when talking about MS but 10M sold alongside a big GamePass “engagement” doesn’t seem unreasonable to me - given the game is a success. If it turns out like Redfall it’ll all fall apart, obviously.

I’m expecting a game like this to gain a lot of advertising and sales from word of mouth over time.

Last edited:
Your answer is 100% based on you interpreting my answer as you see fit, which never was about quality of the games.

Stop taking people for dumb or insulting them. How pretentious can you be ? I perfectly understood your initial post and simply reacted to the fact that Skyrim was a huge success, regardless of its perceived quality, when you presented it as being a bad thing to achieve a game like it.

Everything else is your fantasy world.
Uh no. I said "another skyrim" directly referring to it's lack of the gameplay/rpg features I was speaking of in that post.

Which means I was speaking about the quality of the game before you even quoted me. Thus making the comment you made, irrelevant and a distortion if my point. Bringing up skyrims success was meaningless to the point I was making. Or, you were equating success to quality...

You are wrong on this. You brought up something that wasnt relevant. Its okay. But I know you want to win or something so you'll keep going on this lol

Last edited:

Raven117

Not skyrim or fallout 4.

I just want the questlines to be as good as morrowind or Oblivion. Just give me that again.

After that they started going procedural with less hand written stuff. Which meant more fetch or simple cave raids.
If we are taking bets…. There will be a few main quest lines that are good enough. Some of varying quality. Plenty of procedural ones.

Both fanbase dont have the same amount of userbase. PS users outnumber Xbox. Its why its a console war material.
You should know by now that PS fans are huge compared to Xbox, when it comes to online activity.

Pretty much this, the OP knew what he was doing trying to "flex" these numbers.

In the end it's meaningless

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm one of them but I also watched that 45 minute presentation and I'm so sold on this game.

Ozriel

M$FT
Even Steam had the Showcase live. How many views did they have?
I'm sure if you add other sites that also showed off the showcase, you will get many more views...

Wait, he didn't add the 1.1 million views from just the IGN and GameSpot videos?

That's...not good 😃

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
So your response to "Starfield" not generating a lot of buzz in comparison to other AAA games is to tell me about Skyrim? A game that released 13 years ago?

Why mpt mention other Bethesda games like Redfall and Fallout 76 since we're just pulling BGS IP out of the ether.
Redfall is NOT a BGS game.

Top Bottom