• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No one posted M/Ami's birthdays…

Well I don't expect a repeat of that for the next person…

Hey guys

I am assuming none of these games have any kinda of English translation? Anyways how difficult is it to play these games without any Japanese language background?

m0t0k1

Hey guys

I am assuming none of these games have any kinda of English translation? Anyways how difficult is it to play these games without any Japanese language background?

There are 2 games that are translated in the series. One is the ios rhythm game. Those are not the true experience. And there is The PSP game Idolm@ster SP perfect sun the one with Haruka, Yayoi and Makoto its fully translated except for the mails. So that is a good place to start. If you want to play the ps3 games One for All is the most gaijin friendly game. You almost can't fail in that game but the pace is way different from Im@s 2. So if you like the series maybe check that out. Im@s 2 also has kind of the same story as in the 2011 Anime serie so the characters are easy to understand.

There are 2 games that are translated in the series. One is the ios rhythm game. Those are not the true experience. And there is The PSP game Idolm@ster SP perfect sun the one with Haruka, Yayoi and Makoto its fully translated except for the mails. So that is a good place to start. If you want to play the ps3 games One for All is the most gaijin friendly game. You almost can't fail in that game but the pace is way different from Im@s 2. So if you like the series maybe check that out. Im@s 2 also has kind of the same story as in the 2011 Anime serie so the characters are easy to understand.

Thanks will look into the games that you mention.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Love Live with five counters instead of nine.

Well if they don't bother to translate it at least it should be easy enough to play without Japanese knowledge.

m0t0k1

I need high-quality renders of dat Iori cover

came back found the high quality covers. from all the cd's released up to now
81cig2zjekl._sl1500_szl0r.jpg
81duzqhebql._sl1500_tgx4h.jpg
81exsl1ht0l._sl1500_6gyzj.jpg
81npdidqmwl._sl1500_bsltp.jpg
81rkj2zfssl._sl1500_moytv.jpg
81uzhbeiusl._sl1500_xayzt.jpg
81yasjywokl._sl1500_xryjh.jpg
818pkjmlcxl._sl1500_kczp7.jpg
coveru7peb.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
How do I know if the pre-register went through? I entered my bandai namco ID and it sent me to a page.

Am I supposed to get an email after or no?

Rainy

Banned
Hm I just tried pre-registering and it said "You cannot log in to this service from the country/region you have registered." I'm from the U.S.. So maybe it is region-locked for some people.

Vylash

How do I know if the pre-register went through? I entered my bandai namco ID and it sent me to a page.

Am I supposed to get an email after or no?
you should get a confirmation email yes, keep in mind you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and confirm the prereg for it to actually send the email to you
Hm I just tried pre-registering and it said "You cannot log in to this service from the country/region you have registered." I'm from the U.S.. So maybe it is region-locked for some people.

it'll say that but it should still send you a confirmation email

Rainy

Banned
it'll say that but it should still send you a confirmation email

that's weird I never got one.

edit: well made an acct with japan marked as my area of residence so it worked now. I didn't get a confirmation email for pre-registration...but it says its pre-registered, and when i try again it says it already is. oh well!

m0t0k1

The new Summer ML Cards are just <3<3 i just love how they add new hairstyle for roco too. didnt add all the cards too lazy lol. I just hate how you have to pay and get a small chance to even get these cards ;_;

StayDead

Thanks both of you. I wish gaf would allow a bit bigger avas because still think its kinda small and don't want only a face shot. Staydead also got a nice new ava.

Thanks, I was too lazy to cut mine out though. I do agree with the not wanting just a face shot. It makes having detailed avatars a pain. It's also been a bad decision, because I keep staring at my avatar.

I got my copy of Cinderella Girls G4U vol1 in the mail a few weeks ago. Not even opened it yet. ;_;

DiGiKerot

Some images that just popped up over my Twitter feed are suggesting that a smart device port of iM@S arcade is shortly going to become a thing. It's 10th this weekend, so further news will likely to be quickly forthcoming.

Yup, I think it's called iDOLM@STER Re:Arcade. I'm really glad they are revisiting the 1st vision for the 10th anniversary. Wonder how it'll work in F2P, given the game's arcade origins.

On a related note, it's a shame Shiny Festa didn't work out for them on iOS -- I guess charging ~$50 per game put off buyers who aren't big on the series already, though it's odd that PS3's Shiny TV would have been a better fit for iOS in terms of being free-to-start.

Edit: Weird. Searched up the game's name after seeing a post on esuteru about it (complete with the Famitsu details), and then I see an article on Siliconera about it. But it doesn't load. So I comb their Twitter and I found this, apparently it's fake?

DiGiKerot

Yup, I think it's called iDOLM@STER Re:Arcade. I'm really glad they are revisiting the 1st vision for the 10th anniversary. Wonder how it'll work in F2P, given the game's arcade origins.

On a related note, it's a shame Shiny Festa didn't work out for them on iOS -- I guess charging ~$50 per game put off buyers who aren't big on the series already, though it's odd that PS3's Shiny TV would have been a better fit for iOS in terms of being free-to-start.

Edit: Weird. Searched up the game's name after seeing a post on esuteru about it (complete with the Famitsu details), and then I see an article on Siliconera about it. But it doesn't load. So I comb their Twitter and I found this, apparently it's fake?

Oh, boo.

Well, heres hoping we at least get some iM@S3 info this weekend!

Rhapsody

Banned
Looking forward to however they handle it. OFA was decent but I'm craving for more of the traditional day to day progression though and choosing one unit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Make the original cast (because I'm sure not bringing them back would just cause controversy) a free play mode as they are now established idols and introduce a new cast for the raising part.

Or set it 10 years after the last one and make the game more about maintaining the idol careers of the original cast.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was expecting a 3rd vision reboot though with the new game, but I suppose they could be established already for 3rd.

Honestly in my head this could go either way on what they want to do. It's been 10 years, so introducing several new characters would make sense if they're thinking about long term for future events. Hm...

StayDead

I think the new game might have a bigger cast. It'll probably have the main cast with some of the more popular Cinderella Girls and Million Live girls. I'd imagine they might add some of the more popular Side-M characters as rivals or something too.

DiGiKerot

I think the new game might have a bigger cast. It'll probably have the main cast with some of the more popular Cinderella Girls and Million Live girls. I'd imagine they might add some of the more popular Side-M characters as rivals or something too.

I'd like to thing that they've been creating all these high-quality ML/CG/876Pro models for reasons other than just OfA DLC, but who knows?

There's no way they would drop the old cast, but a game about life after already being a succesful idol would be really interesting, with some darkness of the industry added into it.

But whatever, I'm still not going to be able to play it ;___;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Where it suddenly turns into Phoenix Wright and you have to defend and prove that Haruka didn't murder Miki in a jealous rage.

salromano

That Idolmaster Re:Arcade scan was fake. The Esuteru link they sourced was literally a post about it being fake.

Is anyone expecting the next Idolmaster game to be announced at this event? We're supposed to get news on Idolmaster PS4 this year, so I guess this would be a good time?

Accoun

From the 10th anniversary live:
Okayu said:
I'm not 100% sure if it's legit as I'm not at the live itself, but various people are tweeting that a 765 main PS4 game was announced.

"A new 765PRO main game will be on the PS4. They mentioned a bit about it using a new engine called "variable 2"."
https://twitter.com/aozaki_n/status/622372854550564864

"The PS4 imas PV is limited to the live……(´&#65381;&#969;&#65381;`)"
https://twitter.com/otsubumk2/status/622369219884093440

"Today's new info
1. an imas only taiko no tatsujin game (on sale this winter)
2. a tekken collab
3. 765pro new PS4 game confirmed!!!!!!!"
https://twitter.com/masterPmasmas/status/622377418301419520

Taiko game source:
http://imasnews765.com/?p=13531
Platform:&#12288;PS Vita
A Taiko 15th anniversary & iM@S 10th anniversary collab game
Two versions: Blue disc and Red disc
Game screen is Taiko style
Taiko game trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJDT8bHWT4
http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1965.msg62338.html#msg62338

Not sure if the PS4 game has been officially announced already, but the trailer should go public soon.

[EDIT]
Naryoril said:
It's legit. They showed a short pv with haruka arriving at the house from the movie and the voices of the others greeting her
Maka said:
http://imastadium.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-582.html?sp
Found this while looking for today's setlist.

Some points to note:
-They didn't show a "third vision" logo.
-Yayoi and Ritsuko's voices remain unchanged. (Was this a concern?)
-It seems to be using the OFA graphics.
animagic4u said:
Art style for new game is really cute.
First impression is 3D rendered buildings and a more youthful looking Haruka.
Naryoril said:
To me it didn't look like the assets from ofa.

To be precise about the trailer:
The house was seen from the outside and hardware entering it. Cut to the inside frontal camera on Haruka closing the door and then looking into the camera and introducing herself. I think then they showed the silhouettes on a silver background. Cut back to Haruka still at the entrance and you can hear the others saying "You are late Haruka."

Yes it was the inn. Or at least it looked a lot like it.

Top Bottom