• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

Moonlight

Banned
Next deresute event announced!

Cinderella Caravan event will be held on November 12th. Casual event with high chance of getting an SR card like the last caravan.

CTWiq_1UEAAn2jB.png
Wish I had an SR with a high star rating so I could actually rake in most of the gains of these kinds of events. :(

Really like that they're so liberal with these sorts of events, though. Haven't run into another mobage that's run so many of them in a row.

Ranked pretty well in the last event, 38231, but that was probably only because the reward idols weren't as popular this time around.

New song is out now as well, Miria's Romantic Now.

Accoun

Interesting that the composer for Next Life worked on Tekken 6 as well, I always had noticed the similarities between Electric Fountain and Next Life but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Yeah. Also, I kinda like him. He definitely has his own, pretty visible, Trance-inspired style (even though I'm not hugely into Trance). Except for Never Say Never. It's interesting, because it kinda sounds like an anime song from, let's say, late 80s/early 90s.

Shun

Yeah. Also, I kinda like him. He definitely has his own, pretty visible, Trance-inspired style (even though I'm not hugely into Trance). Except for Never Say Never. It's interesting, because it kinda sounds like an anime song from, let's say, late 80s/early 90s.

Toyama's favorite genre is actually trance. He also freelance DJs outside of Bandai Namco under the name AJURIKA

Outside of Tekken he did Katamari Damashii's music and composed nostalgia, never say never, and nation blue, trancing pulse, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/ajurika

He also has a twitter and blog where he posts his music. Bandai Namco treats their tenured employees fairly well...

m0t0k1

The Harada stories are great! Thanks, m0t0k1 and Shun.

Since you like it here are some other cool tidbits from seiyuu just because we are on the interview tour. Well since my top 3 is Miki, Takane, Hibiki some parts about Takane and Hibiki.

How would you will relate yourself to the character you are representing?

Numakura : I felt that Hibiki and I are not alike in terms of character at all. I was told that in the past I’m a very matured and calm person, but on the other hand Hibiki comes across as a cheerful character who’s always full of energy that brings joy to everyone. I was surprised that the initial character setting given to Hibiki is she is good in knitting, which I’m also good in as well, therefore enabling me to establish a common ground with her; She and me are essentially opposite sides of a coin. As I continue to play her role, while we may be different on the outside, we are actually quite similar in many aspects. As the game producers continued to add more links that are similar to me, she now feels more like a family member or a sister to me.

What are the main challenges faced voicing Takane?

Hara : Takane is like a perfect existence. She is beautiful, stable, good in dancing and singing that really made me feel that she has no weaknesses at all; which is totally different than me. So in order to catch up to Takane, I’m still working very hard to improve myself to bring her image out for everyone.

It has been 9 years since The Idolm@ster started. What would be the most memorable event for Imai-san(chihaya)?

Imai : There are a lot of things that are memorable for me! Before the official launch of the arcade game, I had tried it out for myself in the arcade privately when it was undergoing trials, unsure if the game would ever be released, and created a lot of memories. But the most memorable is when the game was finally launched, I came across the general public playing the game which struck me as “Oh! A real Producer has arrived!”. That is something I can never forget. In addition, I had been practicing a lot for the lyrics and lines for 1.5 to 2 years before the launch of the game. All these factors made that moment a very special one for me.

interview source: http://www.ani-culture.net/2015/01/afa-sg-2014-interview-idolmster/

There are also some questions to the new gals like uziki in the interview.

drifting off to one of my favourite composers in the game industry go shiina what he thinks about imas:

Interview Team: In addition, you've contributed several vocal themes for the iDOLM@STER series, all of which are quite unique and beautiful. Could you discuss your experiences composing vocal music for this project? What was it like to recently see Chiaki Takahashi perform "Tonari Ni" from the series at A Night in Fantasia 2009?

The Performance in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XIFPSJkVk

Go Shiina: I think the iDOLM@STER series is a growing experience for both the voice actresses and for the people writing and editing the music. I understand that the music I authored is harder to sing than the other songs. It was fun to work together with the cast to overcome that.

I have had deep respect for Chiaki Takahashi's work ethic for a long time. On top of that, her performance was more spectacular than anything I had imagined. It really touched me. I may be deceiving myself, but I really felt like she paid special attention to take good care of my work in particular.

He goes more about his work that is not im@s too in this interview.
http://www.game-ost.com/articles.php?action=view&id=173

probably has been posted before but also found some umaru pictures :D

CNQjSLvUwAEqOl-.jpg

CNQjDsYU8AA_Lyk.jpg

Accoun

Toyama's favorite genre is actually trance. He also freelance DJs outside of Bandai Namco under the name AJURIKA

Outside of Tekken he did Katamari Damashii's music and composed nostalgia, never say never, and nation blue, trancing pulse, etc.

Yeah. Wanted to mention it, but forgot. Was surprised some time ago that he had iM@S songs as AJURIKA, because I thought the alias was only for his private works. Dunno if it was here or somewhere else.

Also, according to the Project-iM@S wiki, he only wrote the lyrics to Trancing Pulse. Which is kinda funny because one would think he would be the one to make a song with that title. I guess lyrics still are something.

elhaym

I had been saving up my gems for a while and decided to risk the roll today, and ended up pulling a Mio SSR. I'm... conflicted how to feel about this. >.>

(The roll itself was not terrible):

Shun

SR Kanade seems to be about as rare as SSRs from the gacha going by drop logs so far. Typical that the one Kanade card I do want is going to be impossible to obtain.

Edit: Well cheers RNG, I guess. After spending a few hundred jewels on refills, my final attempt before I gave up for the day dropped Kanade.

Ultimadrago

SR Kanade seems to be about as rare as SSRs from the gacha going by drop logs so far. Typical that the one Kanade card I do want is going to be impossible to obtain.

Edit: Well cheers RNG, I guess. After spending a few hundred jewels on refills, my final attempt before I gave up for the day dropped Kanade.

(Final attempt for the day? Idoru power too strong!)

Kikirin

Decided to do 2 Platinum gacha... used up a lot of luck for a while. 5000 stars left to save up for the future...

AHHHHHHHHH! Fumika~

Against my better judgment, I'd decided to go all-out for her the moment I saw the gacha list.

First draw, was pretty decent, getting a few new Rs and 3 SRs (Kanako and Yumi x2).

Second draw was minimum wage with SR Rika and R Mary as the only highlights.

Third draw, I got the tell-tale rainbow sheet in spite of having the SR envelope. C-could it be...?! The screen blackened... the signature appeared... and I got SSR Shiburin. Fuuuuuuuuuuu-.

Should've known better than to keep going on a day where I'd lost 19 Rs from multiple failed skill ups at 90%+ success.

Meanwhile my 10 pull

Yes, 1 single new card which was an R. This game REALLY doesn't like me. Still can't even get a Clarice R.

Edit: Lol, it gets better, just paid £30 for this trash

I'm done, that's it. Not spending any more money on this game again. Sorry Fumika, as much as I like you, I'm not spending £15 for 1 duplicate SR per roll of garbage.

Shun

Meanwhile my 10 pull

Yes, 1 single new card which was an R. This game REALLY doesn't like me. Still can't even get a Clarice R.

Edit: Lol, it gets better, just paid £30 for this trash

I'm done, that's it. Not spending any more money on this game again. Sorry Fumika, as much as I like you, I'm not spending £15 for 1 duplicate SR per roll of garbage.

But Yumi is great, not the best Yumi card but she's great. I guess you got Shinobu tho, a poor-BGBW's Haruka-lite.

How many platinum pulls have you done so far and how much have you spent total if you do not mind me asking? From the lack of new cards it seems like you've done a few, or at least more than me?

Bannam has been really generous with stars in my opinion, still a free user and have only used 10,000 for 4 platinum pulls with 6,000 leftover to save.

I'm happy they have been tho, I'm not spending any money on this game. Screw that, I spent too much money on Cinderella Girls and Million Live because the rates were abysmal and 10x worse than the one in this game...

But Yumi is great, not the best Yumi card but she's great. I guess you got Shinobu tho, a poor-BGBW's Haruka-lite.

How many platinum pulls have you done so far and how much have you spent total if you do not mind me asking? From the lack of new cards it seems like you've done a few, or at least more than me?

Like, 3 or 4 platinum before today. I've never once got anything better than 1 SR per attempt. The reason it looks like I've done a lot is purely because I get nothing but dupes constantly. Other than that I've done the daily pull each day since like 2 weeks after launch.

And honestly I probably won't even pull Yumi out of my mailbox because I just don't like her, she's may as well have been another dupe R. I only went all in here because I have a real weak spot for Fumika, but it seems I'm not allowed to pull idols I actually like.

Since Fumika is the only thing I still really want in this game I decided to enact my own personal F2P game rule (lifetime spend on the product never totals more than two retail games) and get some more rolls while there is still a remote chance of getting her. I mean, that should be enough since everyone else is scooping her up easily, right?

Wrong. Couldn't even be bothered taking pictures, but I did 3 more rolls to net a duplicate Airi SR, duplicate Miria SR, duplicate Miku SR, Kanako SR and 26 duplicate Rs (mostly all the same unvoiced junk like that cheerleader girl). So that's £75 total for a single SR that I actually wanted and a pile of useless fodder. Honestly these gacha rates are disgusting for a game that doesn't permit trading, at the very least there should be restrictions in place so that the SR you get is not a duplicate.

Lesson for all you guys I guess, don't waste your money on the gacha for SSRs of idols you like because you won't get them.

Since Fumika is the only thing I still really want in this game I decided to enact my own personal F2P game rule (lifetime spend on the product never totals more than two retail games) and get some more rolls while there is still a remote chance of getting her. I mean, that should be enough since everyone else is scooping her up easily, right?

Wrong. Couldn't even be bothered taking pictures, but I did 3 more rolls to net a duplicate Airi SR, duplicate Miria SR, duplicate Miku SR, Kanako SR and 26 duplicate Rs (mostly all the same unvoiced junk like that cheerleader girl). So that's £75 total for a single SR that I actually wanted and a pile of useless fodder. Honestly these gacha rates are disgusting for a game that doesn't permit trading, at the very least there should be restrictions in place so that the SR you get is not a duplicate.

Lesson for all you guys I guess, don't waste your money on the gacha for SSRs of idols you like because you won't get them.

Yeah I don't know. . . I only recently finally got into this, I plan to do something as stupid as that when Rin or some other Cool Idol shows up for Gacha D: I will say I did like 4-5 11 pulls on Record Keeper during the Lightning Banner. Lawl.

On a different note. I have 8 SR Azuki from event so far D: and a handful of Nanas. I lost count. Kanade where are you.

Shun

I'm sorry for your misfortune Azure Phoenix. I hope your luck turns around.

This game really really is more generous than the original DereMas and MiliMas tho. The original mobage were much worse.

Anyway, Trancing Pulse is unlocked for everyone who didn't get the promo code!

And as expected, Orange Sapphire is the next Token Event!

Edit: The dancing in Trancing Pulse is better than the other songs so far. Kaede and Fumika doing body rolls (*´﹃`*) (ؓؒؒؑؑؖؔؓؒؐؐ⁼̴̀ωؘؙؖؕؔؓؒؑؐؕ⁼̴̀ )

rpmurphy

Had been saving up my star jewels for SSR Rika but no dice with two 10-draws. *sigh*

I know my luck will be bad for even for another two.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Busy all weekend and since, of the two on offer, the only one I'd want is Mika I'll skip since I know I won't rank.

Always putting the girls I want on the leaderboard rewards. I don't have the determination play that much, I tried on the Nation Blue event but when I skipped half a day because of traveling I fell back like 3000 places. My heart can't take it. I'll at least pull for Kirari.

Anyone know if they have plans to rotate events so there are more chances at some of the cards? Cause they're going through them super fast.

Shun

Always putting the girls I want on the leaderboard rewards. I don't have the determination play that much, I tried on the Nation Blue event but when I skipped half a day because of traveling I fell back like 3000 places. My heart can't take it. I'll at least pull for Kirari.

Anyone know if they have plans to rotate events so there are more chances at some of the cards? Cause they're going through them super fast.

Rotate? They've been doing Token, Caravan, Medley in that order so far. Unless they decide to introduce another kind of event.

Medley and Caravan so far are the easiest to get SRs in my opinion, while Token so far has the more popular cards and are more competitive.

Unless you mean redoing an event? Then in that case I doubt it since they don't do that for DereMas and MiliMas. Best bet is they might eventually add the event SRs to the platinum auditions but they might end up making it limited all together.

Either way, I appreciate the amount of events and chances the game has given for stars and SR cards, they do a lot more than other mobile games and it's been keeping me sucked in. Pretty smart of them especially when they can just reuse cards from DereMas.

Rotate? They've been doing Token, Caravan, Medley in that order so far. Unless they decide to introduce another kind of event.

Medley and Caravan so far are the easiest to get SRs in my opinion, while Token so far has the more popular cards and are more competitive.

Unless you mean redoing an event? Then in that case I doubt it since they don't do that for DereMas and MiliMas. Best bet is they might eventually add the event SRs to the platinum auditions but they might end up making it limited all together.

Either way, I appreciate the amount of events and chances the game has given for stars and SR cards, they do a lot more than other mobile games and it's been keeping me sucked in. Pretty smart of them especially when they can just reuse cards from DereMas.
I meant redoing events for a chance at cards again. Cause at the rate they're going with these exclusive event cards most of the SRs in the game are going to be impossible to get unless they put them in platinum auditions or redo the events. Events are great but if every other thing in the game is a part of some exclusive event reward then its just going to get annoying.

Shun

I meant redoing events for a chance at cards again. Cause at the rate they're going with these exclusive event cards most of the SRs in the game are going to be impossible to get unless they put them in platinum auditions or redo the events. Events are great but if every other thing in the game is a part of some exclusive event reward then its just going to get annoying.

In that case we just don't know and it depends on when Bannam thinks they are running out of ideas. It would be great for them to add it in eventually, but there's just a lot of songs, cards, events they can use from DereMas until then.

The game is 2 months old and has a lot more content than I expected so far.

I'm surprised people play some card games to collect all the cards? I know that with a lot of the games I play I always thought it was too hard to collect and that the point was to always make as strong of a team as possible? Especially since this game doubles as otoge?

It was the case with Lord of Vermillion and Yugiou and other games.

Seems these events are getting less and less popular, I've barely been putting any effort in and am still sitting in the top 50k with a bunch of runs of Orange Sapphire still in pocket.

Shun

The only fiction here is her being the best idol.

Why you so bitter. The polls and ninkitouhyou don't lie.

Look again and you see Haruka is exactly in the middle. The middle means center, she is the center. It epitomizes how her character is supposed to be vanilla and average. So average because it shows off that she tries so hard! The fact that the numbers show that should make you ecstatic.

The fans recognize how character accurate she is, what more could you ask for?

StayDead

Why you so bitter. The polls and ninkitouhyou don't lie.

Look again and you see Haruka is exactly in the middle. The middle means center, she is the center. It epitomizes how her character is supposed to be vanilla and average. So average because it shows off that she tries so hard! The fact that the numbers show that should make you ecstatic.

The fans recognize how character accurate she is, what more could you ask for?

Stone cold.

elhaym

Decided what the hell, I'd roll on the Rika box because I finally accumulated the gems again, lucked out on the Minami SSR instead. I got 2 other SRs too, but I forgot to SS and honestly didn't care beyond Minami. =p

omlet

Three 10rolls, 3 unwanted SRs, 3 rares I didn't have yet, 24 fodder rares.

Boy am I glad I didn't spend money on this game.

Also lol at that slam jam picture.

rpmurphy

Final 9 hours for this event... will be trying my best to stay in the top 10k event rankings since I'm already this close.

Under an hour to go and the top 100k is sitting at 12872 points. Even if you exclude the event being shorter than previous ones it's pretty clear that people are not pushing anywhere near as hard, only the top 50-60k are going to get a second Kirari. I'm on just over 14k points after putting in very little effort and no jewels spent.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... maybe I could have got the Mika card, but honestly, I was far too busy opening weekend to even play and having a break after the disaster that was the last event has been quite the relief.

100k was sitting at 13730 points 15 mins before the end and I was at 14464. Man I really hope 15k people didn't bank 4 runs of Orange Sapphire for the last 10 mins or I'm done for.

rpmurphy

Set my alarm one hour too late and couldn't see if I was still in the top 10k before it closed... Oh well.

By the way, what's the point of the second 1-star card if the first one is already 5- or 8-star?

Top Bottom