• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread January 2013: We beat the apocalypse without buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBP

So freeappdaily is shutting down and I have some points left but already have the only decent stuff left so here's some codes.

Slingshot Racing

79M4RM96FJLW
6MATTH4EJF33
4L9Y9TF6KLLF

Pocket God

LMX7PNW999WL
M7J6J6FNEY79

So freeappdaily is shutting down and I have some points left but already have the only decent stuff left so here's some codes.

Slingshot Racing

79M4RM96FJLW
6MATTH4EJF33
4L9Y9TF6KLLF

Pocket God

LMX7PNW999WL
M7J6J6FNEY79

Thanks used LMX7PNW999WL

This is not an advertisement. I'm working with a game developer and we're wondering why these sites exist

Have any of you ever bought in-game currency through a web shop instead of through the app? These sites let you pay with Paypal and give you more bang for your $$$.

http://www.appgolds.com
http://itunesredeemcodes.com/

Basically, you give them $$$ and the login info for whatever game you are buying items for. They'll log in as you and do some shenanigans to get you the currency.

I remember there was a hack that allowed in-app purchases for free, perhaps they're abusing that? Hack info.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is not an advertisement. I'm working with a game developer and we're wondering why these sites exist

Have any of you ever bought in-game currency through a web shop instead of through the app? These sites let you pay with Paypal and give you more bang for your $$$.

Basically, you give them $$$ and the login info for whatever game you are buying items for. They'll log in as you and do some shenanigans to get you the currency.

I remember there was a hack that allowed in-app purchases for free, perhaps they're abusing that? Hack info.

That sounds shady as fuck oO

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

I saw a tweet from one of the Nimblebit dev's saying this is pretty much paid piracy. There's apparently a way to pirate apps without jailbreaking now, and services are charging a fee for it. It's gross. I didn't click through the links but your post pretty much jives with the article I read yesterday

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/01/01/low-down-dirty-iphone-app-pirates/

Edit: actually you mentioned IAP so I guess it might not be the same, but the article I posted is shitty news. Basically you can pirate stuff for a fee if you're not jailbroken

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Either hacks or they use stolen credit cards for the IAPs. Very very common for re-sellers to use this method in order to make bank -- not just iOS but Steam/Origin re-sellers etc.

I deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis.

Edit: Reading that Hack info article, the examples therein are using Developer accounts and I'm guessing the iOS applet they use as a downloader/installer fetches the UDID, which is then added via Apple's provisioning portal and baked into a provisioning profile/signed into the pirated apps via the applet itself (or via the Mac app they talk about as well), they just seem to try and obfuscate the mechanic in order to seem like they're performing magic. This method is also extremely common.

Flunkie

Banned
Bought Ghost Trick at $8, and seriously considering buying the iPhone version of TWEWY for $13. Would almost wipe out the $25 gift card I got for Christmas, lol. I could get them on DS, but who wants to play that?

Picked up that $.99 Street Fighter X Tekken for my iPad Mini. Wish it had more characters because it plays great. Looks great too.

Bought Ghost Trick at $8, and seriously considering buying the iPhone version of TWEWY for $13. Would almost wipe out the $25 gift card I got for Christmas, lol. I could get them on DS, but who wants to play that?

It's worth noting TWEWY on iOS has significant changes to the battle system - these were pretty well explored in the dedicated TWEWY iOS thread so I won't retread. I'm still not sure which I prefer.

Flunkie

Banned
It's worth noting TWEWY on iOS has significant changes to the battle system - these were pretty well explored in the dedicated TWEWY iOS thread so I won't retread. I'm still not sure which I prefer.
Whichever is easier.. I would think the more updated version that I don't have to use two screens for would be easier, no?

KingKong

Pumped for Hundreds (from the makers of Canabalt) coming out tonight, feels like it's been forever snice the last big iOS game release

Hi, dudes. I'm looking for a physical controller for an iPhone as s gift for someone. Which is the best as far as physical build (it can hold the iPhone firmly in place; good d pad) and software (is supported by many games, e.g. Sonic)?

I don't know if the width is an issue, but he has an iPhone 4S now and will possibly upgrade to a 5.

Thanks.

sk3tch

Gameloft Duo Gamer | $79.99, Universal - currently on sale at $39.99
ibjcOBqUZpPqMc.png

• Only works with certain Gameloft games (Asphalt 7: Heat, Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front, Modern Combat 3, N.O.V.A. 3, Order & Chaos Online, NFL Pro 2013 and Wild Blood)
  • Features two thumb-sticks, a D-pad and four front buttons

Thanks for the heads up on this. For $40 it's worth a try...I like the Gameloft games listed. Hard to believe there's no MC4 support, yet - makes me wonder if this is ever going to support any add'l games than the current list.

Owzers

Started puzzle and dragons last night and it's definitely addictive, but it is one of those IAP-fest games that feels like an addictive work chore and not an enjoyable gameplay experience. Every aspect of the game is built around IAP. Can't store enough monsters, stamina bar limiting play, high difficulty unless you have overly strong monsters...which you can try getting through IAP magical eggs.

Whichever is easier.. I would think the more updated version that I don't have to use two screens for would be easier, no?

It's easier for sure, but it's almost not even the same battle system at all. Fighting two separate battles simultaneously was pretty key to the game's experience and it's pretty boring with that element stripped out.

Yanksfan

It's easier for sure, but it's almost not even the same battle system at all. Fighting two separate battles simultaneously was pretty key to the game's experience and it's pretty boring with that element stripped out.

Agreed. If you have the means to play it on the DS, I would recommend that over this version.

I am interested in trying out Ghost Trick though. Loved it on DS and I can't see it really being worse off on the iOS unless they were just super lazy.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thanks for the heads up on this. For $40 it's worth a try...I like the Gameloft games listed. Hard to believe there's no MC4 support, yet - makes me wonder if this is ever going to support any add'l games than the current list.

The NFL game and Wild Blood were added on-top of what it initially supported, so it seems they're at least adding some games.

moai

is battle academy worth the steep price? i've been watching some videos but at 20 usd i have to be really sure.........any opinions?

Heel

Speaking of TD, what is Bloons? They're 5 games deep and I'd never heard of it until recently. It must be good seeing as they're so high on the charts despite what looks to be pretty awful art.

smr00

Banned
So maybe someone can help me out here.

So i was riding the bus and saw someone playing this game where like you had to rotate these images to fix it, like each level was an image of something that was broken and the purpose of the game is to rotate to fix them. The images looked like a blue print or something.

It looked really interesting and i assume it's a puzzle game but can't find anything on the APP store :-/

Magnust

Neo Member
Blueprint 3D is free. I enjoyed it, it's a simple puzzle game.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blueprint-3d/id456244246 iPhone

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blueprint-3d-hd/id456245230 iPad

Squids Wild West will be free tonight.

So maybe someone can help me out here.

So i was riding the bus and saw someone playing this game where like you had to rotate these images to fix it, like each level was an image of something that was broken and the purpose of the game is to rotate to fix them. The images looked like a blue print or something.

It looked really interesting and i assume it's a puzzle game but can't find anything on the APP store :-/
you two are talking about the same game i believe :)

Leeness

Has anyone had any issues with credit cards on their iTunes lately/at all?

My card is done 02/13 (and another with the same number/new date will end up on its way to me soon, I'm sure) but iTunes is saying my card is declined. It worked before Christmas and I tried to buy something yesterday, so, first day of 2013, and says it's invalid. Just a possible side effect of my card expiring soon/turned over to the year it's expiring?

Anyone else ever had this happen? Am I just waiting until I get a new card? Haha.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Speaking of TD, what is Bloons? They're 5 games deep and I'd never heard of it until recently. It must be good seeing as they're so high on the charts despite what looks to be pretty awful art.

Bloons was one of the most popular Flash games of the year a few years back, developed by a couple of guys here in NZ. They've since gone on to expand their studio and build the Bloons franchise in a massive way. They have a HUGE fan base and have been amazingly successful.

Rekwest

Zia

Hundreds tonight! I've only played through about fifty-percent of the levels, but what I've played has been really interesting. Great way to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom