• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Dungeon and Coin is not a better game anyways. I put about 10-13 hours into it.

Zero variety in enemies. Powerups are marginal improvements. Some are worthless. Graphics are terrible. You never really run out of coins (rarely), which makes the game monotonous. 'Quests' rarely pop up.

Can't find it on the app store and I can't load my previously purchased list because it crashes iTunes. I'm starting to wonder how many apps I've 'lost' along the way, I noticed that Vector TD had disappeared the other day so I tried to re-download and, same thing, not on store, can't load purchase list.

Good job we're talking about 69p games.

this digital era.....we have no control. i need a new harddrive just to store IPA's.

RetroGreg

I bought grand Prix Story for $1.99. It's my 1st Kairosoft game. Are they ok on iPad or should I just play it on my phone?

Also bought Ballistic SE and Mage Gauntlet. I am excite.

EYEL1NER

Damnit! I was on Appshopper and saw an update for Carcassone and assumed it was a price drop. I thought "Yes! I can finally convince myself to buy it!!!"
But nope. I can still get my fix with my free version on XBLA I suppose.

sladeums

Shut down everything!

Pandemic 2.5 is out now.

Is it any good ?

Saw this last night and thought it looked pretty bad.
Rough looking implementation.
I've never played the flash game, tho ... so have no nostalgia.

----
And yes, Ballistic SE is still pretty damn kick ass...same for every title by Radiangames.
Their latest iOS port, Inferno+ (twin-stick action-RPG(!)), should be out by the end of next month.

HBP

I picked up LostWinds on sale fairly recently and got around to playing it on the iPad, I really enjoyed it. I started it on the Wii when it first came out but didn't play it long, the controls are a little iffy at times but overall worked really well. I hope the sequel comes out soon.

plc268

Man spelltower seriously needs some sort of undo button (limited to one or two uses so it can't be abused).

I had an eight letter word planned out, but because my finger slipped at the third letter, I lost a good chunk of points.

Heel

Just upped the ante with my SpellTower gamecenter friends...got a 930 point word today.

iAiB50OSFSLTd.gif

fooyee

Neo Member
Sup guys,

Brainsss is coming out on Thursday, May 3rd on the app store.

We've worked hard on it for the past two years and now we're finally releasing.

Here's our trailer:
http://youtu.be/4YsNTHE6cYA?hd=1

screencaps01_LR.jpg

screencaps02_LR.jpg

screencaps03_LR.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the game, it runs best on the iPad but plays on the iPhone as well.

The game is $2.99 and will feature free levels each week.

GeekyDad

Sup guys,

Hope you guys enjoy the game, it runs best on the iPad but plays on the iPhone as well.

Been following its progress over on TA and I'm really looking forward to it. Looks really cool, and hey, I can never get my fill of zombies. Great looking game, by the way. Love the soft lighting.

Pastry

Banned
Sup guys,

Here's our trailer:
http://youtu.be/4YsNTHE6cYA?hd=1

So it's kind of like a zombie RTS? I... like that idea.

sladeums

I watched the trailer for Brainsss yesterday and was kinda underwhelmed with the voices there.
Didn't think it went well with the rest of the presentation.

Not sure what it is, but they just seemed out of place to me.

Like the look tho.

Mithel

Neo Member
It's freaking me out the the Spellsword revs didn't include IAP. Is there some deeper, more nefarious Plan at work?

Flunkie

Banned
Dungeon and Coin is not a better game anyways. I put about 10-13 hours into it.

Zero variety in enemies. Powerups are marginal improvements. Some are worthless. Graphics are terrible. You never really run out of coins (rarely), which makes the game monotonous. 'Quests' rarely pop up.

So what makes Power of Coin retain your attention better? Legit question.

Vitacat

I bought grand Prix Story for $1.99. It's my 1st Kairosoft game. Are they ok on iPad or should I just play it on my phone?

Also bought Ballistic SE and Mage Gauntlet. I am excite.

If you have both, I would play Kairosoft games on phone.

And Mage Gauntlet is excellent. Enjoy.

ToxicAdam

So what makes Power of Coin retain your attention better? Legit question.

Better graphics and better music. A coherent, inspired motif (Greek mythology). Power-ups that are actually useful.

But, most importantly, is that it is not a pushover. The game does reward you with great influxes of coins from time to time, but you will always run out for the first 20-30 plays. So, when the time comes where you are 'beating the game' it is that much more rewarding when it occurs.

So, not only is it the audio and the visuals ... it's also the delayed gratification that occurs. But maybe that's just the old school gamer in me that responds to that kind of game mechanic.

!!!

and it's $0.99! and it's universal!

downloading now, will post impressions.

So I spent some time with Pandemic 2.5, went through a game on the iPhone and a few on the iPad, and I can honestly say that unless you're a diehard fan of the flash game, it just really isn't worth it right now. It got a laugh out of me from the get go (the difficulty settings are Casual, Normal, and Madagascar) but it really feels like a game that needed a little more time in the oven, just on a fundamental level.

It only plays in portrait mode, scrolling on the world map is pretty slow, the iPad version doesn't take advantage of the extra real estate at all (literally just a bigger sized version of the iPhone version, as if they just hit x2 and called it a day) and honestly the game just doesn't have enough to do. I know it's like that in the flash game too, but on the iphone I want a little more immediacy, I don't want to just sit there and wait to get skill points and then spend them, which is all this game really is.

Hopefully the UI gets an overhaul and some iPad specific functionality (and some more actual gameplay, perhaps) in future updates. Until that time, this gets a thumbs down from me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, I just hit the point of infinity on Power of Coin. I embarrassingly bought two packs of swords (the game's worth two bucks...) and then it was just over. Once you get those sword powerups...

Hope I can go back to it. I probably will.

Well, I just hit the point of infinity on Power of Coin. I embarrassingly bought two packs of swords (the game's worth two bucks...) and then it was just over. Once you get those sword powerups...

Hope I can go back to it. I probably will.

How are the swords used? I bought one pack since I saw it suggested on here but haven't noticed anything different.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How are the swords used? I bought one pack since I saw it suggested on here but haven't noticed anything different.
First they make it so Prizes that fall off the side are still collected for you. Once you get three swords of each color, all of those exp and lvl coins count when they fall off the sides, too. You can look at all of the info for all the prizes if you go into Prize, then click Bonus Rank.

But man, I have over 2500 coins and soooooo many prizes. Still haven't hit a jackpot, but I don't think it matters.

First they make it so Prizes that fall off the side are still collected for you. Once you get three swords of each color, all of those exp and lvl coins count when they fall off the sides, too. You can look at all of the info for all the prizes if you go into Prize, then click Bonus Rank.

But man, I have over 2500 coins and soooooo many prizes. Still haven't hit a jackpot, but I don't think it matters.

Alright, cool. Just started playing this and am getting addicted but it sucks waiting for coins to reset. Not buying any though.

Dacvak

Alright, cool. Just started playing this and am getting addicted but it sucks waiting for coins to reset. Not buying any though.
There are ways to cheat, but only ask if you want to reduce your overall time with the game.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
We just released some new content for Slam Dunk King today

bb_cdm_text-sm.jpg

Also, new game released today. More details and some codes with a thread clogging competition soon.

Dacvak

lol Sure, tell me.
Change your device location to Australia, boot game. Close game, change back to your time zone. Easy way to recharge your coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom