• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Megamall Story? You tried that right? If Tiny Tower is crack than that one should be some dangerous mix of Heroin, Meth and Crack.
Isn't that true of ALL Kairosoft games? I mean, I've played a decent amount of Angry Birds but nothing else on iOS really engaged me EXCEPT Game Dev Story and Grand Prix Story, both of which wrecked a few days for me.

Though that is an advantage, they can only trash a day or two of your lives before being tossed aside because there isn't much more to even do. Tiny Tower seems like a slow burn to me, which admittedly helped in my deleting it.

Reese-015

Yes, it's still a must buy. And in fact I think it runs a bit better on the 4S than an iPad 2. I haven't actually compared them to confirm that but before it was released I seem to recall Epic claiming that. Also, some people on here have said IAP is required to progress after a certain point. Again, can't confirm that so hopefully someone else can chime in.

Nope... IAP is never required. Hardcore IB player here, never felt at any point in either the first or second game that I was forced to buy IAP. Though if you get into a New Game+ in IB2 without leveling much before getting into it, things will be very difficult. I love this and IMO this is what the game is all about, but for those who just want to grind and get all gear, you might wanna spend a buck on some gold in there. Again though, it's not at all required and slightly defeats the purpose of getting into the harder New Game+ mode. I love the I games and feel that the iap's are kinda like cheats you have to pay for, which IMO is how IAP should be handled (unless in a competitive game of course).

Nope... IAP is never required. Hardcore IB player here, never felt at any point in either the first or second game that I was forced to buy IAP. Though if you get into a New Game+ in IB2 without leveling much before getting into it, things will be very difficult. I love this and IMO this is what the game is all about, but for those who just want to grind and get all gear, you might wanna spend a buck on some gold in there. Again though, it's not at all required and slightly defeats the purpose of getting into the harder New Game+ mode. I love the I games and feel that the iap's are kinda like cheats you have to pay for, which IMO is how IAP should be handled (unless in a competitive game of course).

Ah, good to know. I actually bought it when it came out but so many people were having issues with it I decided to wait to play it until it was all fixed. Guess I'll give it a shot now.

dream

That's something I wouldn't mind looking at... is there a way to automatically check if there's an update to an item you've purchased but haven't installed? There could well be a heap of apps I'd like to get into again with a new update but haven't bothered checking.

I think the closest you can come to that is checking for updates through iTunes, which means you'd have to have the apps downloaded anyway.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's something I wouldn't mind looking at... is there a way to automatically check if there's an update to an item you've purchased but haven't installed? There could well be a heap of apps I'd like to get into again with a new update but haven't bothered checking.

Make a free profile on appshopper.com, add Games you own to your "Own It" list, you can set it so that you always get e-mails when there are updates for games you own, regardless of whether you have them installed or not. You can also set it so that you don't get e-mails, if you just want to check manually. A great website anyway. ;)

Just finished Another World for the first time after the recent sale, and man that was a good time. There were some frustrating parts, but for the most part it was enjoyable throughout. I really dig how the story was told without any exposition. Worked well on iOS too

/21 years late.

NineH

I have some app codes to share and hope this is the right place for it. US only

Madpad

7tk9eamrfppj
6jwmpmfw9aet
3txy7raa4ttm
h9tnm4yxa44n

Scrabble

4pxxnyllfnyt

Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2012

lhyf9yfaafly

Bejeweled

4kpe9mewktfh
wt74y3794rl6
fnmmmjjke7yk
n3e9ft4t73mr
ew3h4eejn4fx
7enk6hth9wnp
ywljykw6jexf
fxenaylekm4t

Quick and Easy Recipes 1-2-3

3nwa7m3thyal
3e3ynwrml3wj
4axxlmkwntka
hxltkthfp9lw

Smiley90

Yeah that wasn't a very smart idea to just put them here without anything, lurkers grabbing them all :( I tried 4pxxnyllfnyt, but it's been taken, haven't tried any of the others 'cause I'm not interested... thanks and good luck to the others though :D

dream

Hey, you know what's very good? Rebuild. Rebuild is very good. If Kairosoft decided to make an uncute post-apocalyptic wartorn zombie infested civilization rebuilding game, I'm not sure it would be any better than Rebuild.

Smiley90

Okay guys, I don't know if this is news for anyone, but just so it's out there:

Rivals Of Catan, the Catan Card Game is getting a port for iOS! It's being made by the same people who made the board game port, so it SHOULD be good.. and let me just tell you one thing about the card game: It's so awesome, I own it 3 times. (not kidding, I own the old german version, the old english version, and the new "renamed" Rivals of Catan english version. It's THAT good.) Wouldn't believe me how much time I've spent on it, will be a day1-buy for me FOR SURE if it's an as good port as the boardgame Catan was. The card game is AWESOME.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/12/19/c...-works-cities-knights-expansion-still-coming/

Zzoram

Okay guys, I don't know if this is news for anyone, but just so it's out there:

Rivals Of Catan, the Catan Card Game is getting a port for iOS! It's being made by the same people who made the board game port, so it SHOULD be good.. and let me just tell you one thing about the card game: It's so awesome, I own it 3 times. (not kidding, I own the old german version, the old english version, and the new "renamed" Rivals of Catan english version. It's THAT good.) Wouldn't believe me how much time I've spent on it, will be a day1-buy for me FOR SURE if it's an as good port as the boardgame Catan was. The card game is AWESOME.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/12/19/c...-works-cities-knights-expansion-still-coming/

Didn't the Catan port have terrible multiplayer?

Flunkie

Banned
Bought Diggin Dogs cause it looked interesting and Squids cause I couldn't stand looking at it anymore on my wishlist. I like one way more than the other. And Squids is awesome, so use your thinking cap.

^^^I thought the iOS Catan did a poor job of explaining things, had a wonky interface, and yeah, the MP, I remember, was weird. I played Carc before it though, so maybe it was just me trying to compare the two in build quality. Still think Carc is the pinnacle of board game apps.

Manax

Bought Diggin Dogs cause it looked interesting and Squids cause I couldn't stand looking at it anymore on my list. I like one way more than the other. And Squids is awesome, so use your thinking cap.

^^^I thought the iOS Catan did a poor job of explaining things, had a wonky interface, and yeah, the MP, I remember, was weird. I played Carc before it though, so maybe it was just me trying to compare the two in build quality. Still think Carc is the pinnacle of board game apps.

Yeah squids is redic good. The iap requirement was overblown I never used it.

Been playing Cytus again how did you access the secret level I remember it was posted :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
After seeing that Internet radio was in, I went ahead and got Beat Hazard. I'm really liking the single stick mode - makes it a lot easier to get into casually.

I think single stick mode is way too easy though, it's almost not worth playing since there's no challenge to it. Twin stick mode is great though (with static sticks though, I find the dynamic sticks are a neat idea but my fingers will often stray offscreen). Great late night game to zone out too though.

SmokyDave

I think single stick mode is way too easy though, it's almost not worth playing since there's no challenge to it. Twin stick mode is great though (with static sticks though, I find the dynamic sticks are a neat idea but my fingers will often stray offscreen). Great late night game to zone out too though.

I agree but the frustration of hitting the wrong power-ups in twin stick mode was killing me. Now my biggest pisser is when the ship unexpectedly rotates to fire at something that I'd have ignored for a while.

nyong

Banned
How is Paper Monsters?

Really fun. I'm sitting at number 16 in the drag and dash. The gameplay is similar to Little Big Planet, albeit not as good. Well worth the asking price, though. The devs keep supporting it too...they released several Valentines themed levels free of charge.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Boring and generic, though visually pretty good.

I really like it. It's really easy but it's beautiful, and I find it a very calming and pleasant experience. I play so many masocore games that are punching me in the balls, it was refreshing to play a friendly fun little game like that.

I'm kind of annoyed that I beat Blissful Death and not a single achievement of mine was recorded in Game Center. I wonder if logging in/out of GC will fix the glitch? I'd love to play it again but I like to have goals to work toward (namely achievements).

Been playing Cytus again how did you access the secret level I remember it was posted :)

Highlight Precipitation on the song select screen and instead of tapping the screen to select the song, use two fingers to drag downwards. If done correctly the button to start the song will have a red outline instead of the normal blue.

Yazus

Has anyone played/bought Beat Hazard Ultra?

It's a port from the famous Beat Hazard for PC relased on Steam not so long ago
It uses your music library to create an arcadelike shump level

475336263-10.jpg

I downloaded it and it's kind of worse than the PC version for the controls but it's amazing that it uses your songs...!
I'd really want Audiosurf for iOS tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom