• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters Online (it's a MOBA)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
2Czud58.gif

tumblr_mj9nkr0Kme1rmihwmo1_400%25255B1%25255D.gif

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Good on OP for not pulling a Wario with the thread title

They get really weird with the genres for KOF, don't they? Remember KOF Sky Stage? That shit was crazy.

Kinda makes sense I guess, hero wise...

Then there's that Mario Party clone that they made for the NGPC...

Syril

I guess it's still better than the time SNK was so desperate for money they made five KOF dating sims in a row.

ShinMaruku

Just like with every rush to MMOs and CoD this will end in tears. And I won't even feel bad because they should know better.

Hastati

Maybe I'm naive, but if they can further interest in the franchise this way, then I say go for it. I've never heard of the developer though, do they have any notable track record? Or is this just IP dilution?

Eh, I'll play it just because it's KoF but oh god the voices. It's not like SNK is even the one working on it so I can't get mad about it.

Which consoles it was released? This sound so bad that I want to play it.

Cellphones with a collection of them on DS. It's not really a KoF dating game, it's SNK in general.

One of the things I remember the most is that in I think it was the fourth one you play a girl and can be bff with Ash Crimson and do your nails together in one event. If you want to look them up they're called Days of Memories.

Those games justify their existence even if only because of the cgs >.>

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Still haven't played a single MOBA type game. It's one genre I have absolutely no interest in.

Combines the best aspects of a PvP and PvE delivered in an RPG-esque style. What's their not to like :)? You're truly missing out.

MOBAs need to die.

Man this is like killing ice cream now and forever. Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Not only a MOBA, but by the looks of it a LoL clone. I can't imagine there being very many successful MOBAs.

There are quite a few actually: Smite, LoL, HoN, and DOTA 2 are all profitable (HoN was making insane monies before dota 2, probably still makes quite a bit). DOTA 2 and LoL obviously make the most. Of course there are some failures, like there are failures/bombas in every genre.

Hastati

Combines the best aspects of a PvP and PvE delivered in an RPG-esque style. What's their not to like :)? You're truly missing out.

MOBAs get a bad rap because there are honestly a ton of crap knock offs, but I don't think it's an illegitimate genre. Lol and DOTA2 are both great games, even though competitive play can be daunting and often miserable..

Mandoric

Banned
There is a point where this needs to stop and we have clearly passed it, but let's keep going and see what happens.

Can't stop until Square-Enix or Capcom bandwagons on it

No, really, they both have amazing casts for the game type and it'd probably work pretty well. Especially if outsourced.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
MOBAs get a bad rap because there are honestly a ton of crap knock offs, but I don't think it's an illegitimate genre. Lol and DOTA2 are both great games, even though competitive play can be daunting and often miserable..

There are a lot of crappy knock off FPS games, crappy RPG's, crappy strategy games, crappy MMOs, etc... I don't think it's a valid reason to hate an entire genre.

I love MOBAs, and play Dota 2 all the time.

I just can't figure out why they all have to use the exact same map. That's kind of why I liked Awesomenauts. It was refreshing in a sense.

danthefan

Do all MOBAs have the same basic layout? Like a base in each corner, lane down the middle, lanes to the left and right?

Top Bottom