• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters World (new footage, art, screens)

BadWolf

UPDATE:

New trailer: The King of Fighters World - Characters Trailer 01

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the KOF mobile MMO they announced earlier this year (the first KOF MMO to date that SNK is developing themselves internally).

New video where Yasuyuki Oda shows the game (in game footage, art, behind the scenes)

Article here (in Chinese but lots of screenshots)

Looks... promising?

Lots of design refreshes happening (you can see Terry's XIV design had his jacket updated with a hoodie). A bunch of brand new characters too.

More character art here (Ash, K' and Chizuru Kagura receive new designs).

Source: IkariLoona from reddit

Cast-Iron

Banned
I remember the good old times...Kof 96, 97,98.

It´s a shame that KOF is dead and relegated to the cheap chinese market.

K´ new design looks pretty gay.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

giphy.gif

Tizoc

Great God Rugal in the Super Stars
JMBwc2q.jpg

What the fuck is this?

Is Goro admiring a sweet ass or something?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
kofw-chizuru-artwork.jpg

I don't mind the idea of Chizuru showing a bit of cleavage. She's a priestess... who burst out into awkward dance whenever she's given a chance tom and like Motorcycle racing (where she's sure to be inspired by Race Queen fashion). Veiled Cleavage fits the same idea of looking normal from afar, but once you get up close and take note of details, it's a bit off from expectations.

It being an "Underboob" window, that looks like it's drawn in that stupid way where you'd likely show more than you bargain for, with enough movement... that's stupid. And how is one seeing that much of her breast from the side image? I appreciate that the red lines around the window bring to mind the image of a shrine gate, like so:

tori-at-entrance-to-kibunejinja-picture-id148683119

... but beyond that, I think it's a step or two too far. The rest of it is pretty cool, though. Her sleeve design looks like something that'd be OK on a Haohmaru or Nakaruru design, a bit rustic, but also fairly modern at the same time.

However, if having an outfit like that would get her back into a proper fighter, and you'd let me get a classic costume as an unlock / for a few bucks, then so be it.

kofw-billy-artwork.jpg

kofw-k-artwork.jpg

The Billy and K' designs are pretty similar in concept. The pants have so many design elements to them, that K' could probably lose the Jacket and still have the MMO appropriate "overdesigned" feel. I like MI's Shirtless K', wouldn't mind another take on that.

Tizoc

SAB CA, just say you like underboobs.
It's fine man I like them too, but to say it's a good idea for Chizuru's design/outfit? Nah man, she's supposed to be the Yamato Nadeshiko/Aloof Dark-Haired Girl character. Adding such fanservice does not sync up well with the character IMO.

BadWolf

Some observations from characters scrolling by at the end of the video:

- Terry no longer wears a white t-shirt under the jacket, it has been replaced with a white hoodie which says Fatal Fury on the front
- Andy seems to be wearing a long white coat looking thing?
- Iori's jacket collar has changed from XIV (it no longer has the black fur part)
- Mature's design is from XIV but it looks like they have added a white shirt color to her neck
- Chizuru's boob window doesn't stand out that much (has a dark veil?)
- Leona seems to be the same as XIV, so does Geese
- Goro Daimon has new stuff on his arms
- Yashiro and Chris look slighly refreshed
- Two brand new characters shown at the very end

Going by this vid, characters will have multiple costumes.

Do we have any idea what the gameplay is?

It's supposed to be an MMOrpg and you can see some city/world footage in the video.

No combat footage yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
SAB CA, just say you like underboobs.
It's fine man I like them too, but to say it's a good idea for Chizuru's design/outfit? Nah man, she's supposed to be the Yamato Nadeshiko/Aloof Dark-Haired Girl character. Adding such fanservice does not sync up well with the character IMO.

I generally DON'T like Underboob, lol. It's like normal cleavage's tryhard, desperate twin. There's good reason why Makoto Nanaya from BB still stands as one of the stupidest outfit designs in fighters for me.

Basically this design is a bit more Luong than Chizuru. If one has to add cleavage to the outfit, I'd rather see it done more like this:
australia-pic.jpg

Jea Song

Did the right thing

I mean what if he meant some of the designs actually look gay as in homosexual? Maybe it's not the right word but to me they look metro. Please not ban me .

BadWolf

New screenshots.

Also shows some attack animations for the brand new male character.

According to google translate it sounds like they will start testing the game in China on March 28 on iOS.

Tizoc

New screenshots.

Also shows some attack animations for the brand new male character.

According to google translate it sounds like they will start testing the game in China on March 28.
1- why does everyone have the same body build?
2- why is there a snake coming out of geese?
3- holy shit they remembered kyo likes poetry

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The in-game controls look kinda like an SNK-infused Marvel Future Fight. That's not a bad thing, I enjoy that game a good amount.

That Yuri design on the back of the screenshot page definitely looks more mature than her usual KoF look. Doesn't carry the spunk she normally has, and feels really odd for that reason.

Seeing the design deviations here makes me appreciate the more classically SNK take in XIV even more, actually. Every one of these looks more modern and up-to-date (even Goro!), but that doesn't make them "better", just... different.

Top Bottom