• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
5 bucks for the character, stage, Normal and Remix themes, and challenge modes, is pretty cheap, really. Wonder what art he brings with him for special teams in arcade?

So even after all 3 DLC characters, it'll only be 5 bucks more than a normal retail release. Totally happy with this.

Olaeh

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
Still better than Blazblue Cont shift's eight dollars a character.

Yeah, I held out on that one even though Valk looks fun to play. $8 is just too much. $5 isn't bad considering its w/ a stage and added music.

Olaeh said:
Yeah, I held out on that one even though Valk looks fun to play. $8 is just too much. $5 isn't bad considering its w/ a stage and added music.

I gotta admit that i almost bought Makoto. Then my girlfriend said why did I waste money on Blazblue Cont Shift after being bored by the original Calamity Trigger.

The only thing I can honestly think of was a high kicking Makoto. Platinum kinda seems like a waste of money though.

Olaeh

gundamkyoukai said:
i will buy everything to kept SNK alive .

I'm with you on this. I plan on buying all DLC as well. It's my most hyped game this year and I know I want KOFXIV some years down the line :)

The only thing I can honestly think of was a high kicking Makoto. Platinum kinda seems like a waste of money though.

I dunno, Platinum looks kinda fun to me and I've seen some impressive players online. I'm tempted to pick up BB:CS Extend since it has the DLC characters plus the new guy. Still, I'm far more hyped for KOF! BB is going to have to wait.

Olaeh said:
I'm with you on this. I plan on buying all DLC as well. It's my most hyped game this year and I know I want KOFXIV some years down the line :)

I dunno, Platinum looks kinda fun to me and I've seen some impressive players online. I'm tempted to pick up BB:CS Extend since it has the DLC characters plus the new guy. Still, I'm far more hyped for KOF! BB is going to have to wait.

Extendz isn't a sequel. It's a cash in. One new character? After people paid nearly 25 for three DLC characters? Aksys should have shame for grifting people this badly.

KOF all the way. It's a new game. Blazblue is more of the same old same old. And unlike Capcom, people turned on them on their DLC. Which is why I'm kind of nervous on the KOF DLC.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Works for me.

Sony gave me $5.99 for free recently.

Will use for Iori. :3

Fuck Iori. I'm using it for SUPER KEEYOOH

I want Dragula to be DLC music in KOF XIII. Remember when Dragula was in every game in the late 90s and early 00s?

Fuck Iori. I'm using it for SUPER KEEYOOH

I want Dragula to be DLC music in KOF XIII. Remember when Dragula was in every game in the late 90s and early 00s?

That unfortunate recollection somehow relates to how I ended up with this tag. :p

The Take Out Bandit said:
That unfortunate recollection somehow relates to how I ended up with this tag. :p

I just change one word of that song and apply it to Capcom. I change Dragula to Scrubula. Substitute stuff with Ken and Akumas and you pretty much have SF4, and 3rd Strike. Oh Kens Army is going to bore me now.

I kind of hope that KOF XIII still has the English voiceacting from 12. I liked Chins voice and his HEAVE HOE.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5 bucks per character+stage+song+remix+trials is not that bad.
Characters DLC suck but oh well im a KOF fanboy V__V

|OT| will be live later today.

BadWolf

I don't mind the price but may not get them because I don't find the characters appealing. I played the old Iori and Kyo to death so their refreshed XIII versions are something I have wanted for a while, can't wait to learn them. Same with Takuma.

Tizoc

Where does it say that the characters are 5 dollars?
5 Dollars sounds fine IMO; Jill and Shuma were 5 each.
...and 5 dollars for character+other stuff? That's cutting it pretty cheap...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc said:
Where does it say that the characters are 5 dollars?
5 Dollars sounds fine IMO; Jill and Shuma were 5 each.
Maybe they said it during the stream. I couldnt watch it so im waiting the archive to go up.

Fersis

gundamkyoukai said:
Fersis i set up the chat room on ps3 please add it to the OT.
My friend list mostly empty so guys give me your PSN so i can add you to it .
Will do.

I will set up a google docs for the XBLA and PSN Ids.

Fersis

Shadow780 said:
Clark's grab has auto guard now? That's pretty cool.
Only the B version.

TreIII said:
5 dollars for the character and everything ELSE that goes with it? That's still pretty value-packed compared to how everybody else is doing things.

Couldn't stay up for the entire stream because it was so late, but I liked what I saw.
Character + Stage + Two Songs + Triales == 5 bucks is not THAT bad.

How much are the UMvC3 DLC characters?

TreIII

5 dollars for the character and everything ELSE that goes with it? That's still pretty value-packed compared to how everybody else is doing things.

Couldn't stay up for the entire stream because it was so late, but I liked what I saw.

Tizoc

Fersis said:
Only the B version.

Character + Stage + Two Songs + Triales == 5 bucks is not THAT bad.

How much are the UMvC3 DLC characters?
Character+theme+trials= 5 bucks is something I can go with.
Ah well stage is a nice bonus.
MvC3 DLC characters are 5 dollars each and they just come with their trials and theme.

PJX

I've cancelled my preorder for this game and won't be buying it anymore. There is too much content in it for $50. Sorry SNK.

Fersis

PJX said:
I've cancelled my preorder for this game and won't be buying it anymore. There is too much content in it for $50. Sorry SNK.
WHAT?

PJX said:
Yeah I know what you mean, if the game was like 70 dollars I think I'd be more comfortable jumping in. As is it just feels like I'm stealing from SNK, and that's not something I can reasonably deal with.

Sorry SNK, maybe if you raised the price I'd reconsider. I'm just getting too much good in a single package.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder how "Sarcasm" translates across languages...

Good to hear the OT will be up soon, Fersis! Lookin' forward to it!

DiscoShark said:
Yeah I know what you mean, if the game was like 70 dollars I think I'd be more comfortable jumping in. As is it just feels like I'm stealing from SNK, and that's not something I can reasonably deal with.

Sorry SNK, maybe if you raised the price I'd reconsider. I'm just getting too much good in a single package.
Buy the DLC and it's effectively a $70 purchase

Tizoc

Why am I reminded of SEGA's strategy from the 1990s?
All that's missing is a KoF add that goes 'SNK does what Capwon't'.

Fersis

So the $5 price tag is official?

At the end of the stream an Atlus guy said that there is going to be an announcement today on their website.

alstein

Skilletor said:
Billy Kane is new?

They drew up 95% of his sprite brand new for console. They didn't finish the last 5% though judging by his idle animation though.

I'd rather have had another new character (Eiji perhaps) over the DLC chars, but SNK didn't go that route, which I understand.

Skilletor

alstein said:
They drew up 95% of his sprite brand new for console. They didn't finish the last 5% though judging by his idle animation though.

I'd rather have had another new character (Eiji perhaps) over the DLC chars, but SNK didn't go that route, which I understand.

Those aren't new characters, though.

I assumed by new, he meant original. As in never been in a KoF before. I echo this sentiment. I want new, original characters. I would take Eiji in a heartbeat.

I fucking love ninjas.

Top Bottom