• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

Skilletor said:
Those aren't new characters, though.

I assumed by new, he meant original. As in never been in a KoF before. I echo this sentiment. I want new, original characters. I would take Eiji in a heartbeat.

I fucking love ninjas.
Eiji isn't new or original either.

Shadow780

KOF roster is pretty expansive, they can have someone return that was missing in the previous entries and treat it almost as a new character.

I would love for Blue Mary instead of Billy.

TreIII

Shadow780 said:
KOF roster is pretty expansive, they can have someone return that was missing in the previous entries and treat it almost as a new character.

I would love for Blue Mary instead of Billy.

I would rather have the New Face Team (and their Orochi versions). SNK really blundered by killing them off for the sake of the story.

If there's anything I'm hoping for, with the way
the universe snaps back to a semblance of its former self after Ash "erases" himself from time
, it's that it will be the ass-pull SNK needed to bring back characters they offed for no good reason.

I mean, what's the point in saying that the likes of Rugal and the Orochi bunch are "Dead for Good", when they just keep coming back in the Dream Matches anyway? :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
patrickthehedgehog said:
I'm gonna be pregnant when dat OT pops up. NEED.
What? Its going to be the shortest and simplest |OT| ever so bring that hype down good sir.

Grokbu

Terareflection said:
Thanks! Stream was sweet. :)

Btw. The game comes out 25th here in Europe, but since I preordered from UK, I'm probably gonna have to wait till the week after for delivery.

It's gonna suck, and I'm gonna cry. :'(

EDIT: Also looking forward to that |OT|. "Short and simplest |OT|" or not. It's gonna be a good feeling to finally have it.

Short and simple isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
patrickthehedgehog said:
Can't believe the president of HYPE is asking me to turn it down!
Be hyped for the game not for the simple thread. V__V

We're just a week away and theres no reviews.. whats up with that? I want to know about the netcode.

Fersis said:
Be hyped for the game not for the simple thread. V__V

We're just a week away and theres no reviews.. whats up with that? I want to know about the netcode.

I kinda meant that I couldn't wait for the game because the arrival of the OT means it's SO CLOSE! Sure, there haven't been any official reviews, but those don't usually come till a few days before release. Everyone that's played it has no complaints, right? If any parts of the game were horribly broken that'd be obvious by now.

Galdelico

Fersis said:
A few hours ago a friend of mine - a journalist for some italian videogame webzine - popped up on XBOXLive sending me this message: 'hm, not bad this KoF... Not bad at all'.
After a fair amount of jealousy insults, I kindly asked him to spill the beans. :D

Just to say I'm pretty sure reviews are about to come up.

Fersis

Galdelico said:
A few hours ago a friend of mine - a journalist for some italian videogame webzine - popped up on XBOXLive sending me this message: 'hm, not bad this KoF... Not bad at all'.
After a fair amount of jealousy insults, I kindly asked him to spill the beans. :D

Just to say I'm pretty sure reviews are about to come up.
>__<

Ask him about the netcode!! We know that everything else is godlike.

BadWolf

Fersis said:
Just got this in the mail:
AtlusUSA Combo showcase

F this, I'm preordering.

Good or bad netcode SNK deserves money for this.

Is that Clark ex super camera effect new? It zooms in with each back break.

Is canceling/supercanceling grabs for grapplers new for the genre? Don't remember ever seeing it before.

Fersis

BadWolf said:
F this, I'm preordering.

Good or bad netcode SNK deserves money for this.

Is that Clark ex super camera effect new? It zooms in with each back break.

Is canceling/supercanceling grabs for grapplers new for the genre? Don't remember ever seeing it before.
Clark zoom effect was on the arcade version.
Goro and Clark are nuts on the console version.

As a long time Clark user im quite happy. ^__^-d

BadWolf

Fersis said:
Clark zoom effect was on the arcade version.Goro and Clark are nuts on the console version.

As a long time Clark user im quite happy. ^__^-d

Ah cool, didn't notice it before for some reason (prolly because its so rare to see him being played in the arcade version).

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Just got this in the mail:
AtlusUSA Combo showcase

Wow. Very different combos then usually seen online.

I thought they were limiting damage output for everyone but it seems otherwise.

"Fuck it! Death combos for everyone!"

"Yeah! :)"

"Except Mai."

"Ohhh! :("

"trollface"

Good decision, Harada of Tekken also at one point decided that making all characters super powerful was better for balance then trying to tone down already overpowered characters.

I gotta learn that Terry combo - Burn Knuckle from side to side looks fun, but I have trouble simply remembering long combos, oh well.

Btw what Terry says during his uber neomax? Sound like "Go band!" ;P

Holy shit, is that Chizuru!Kula color an edit? It looked amazing!

I love how the video shows (almost?) only combos that were impossible to do in the arcade version.

Orobi

Excuse me, someone could link me the thread with article about characters art of KOFXIII Vs. this-gen-characters art?

Top Bottom