• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

On the competitive side of things, there is a side tournament being set up for KOF XIII at EVO'15.

So far the info is as follows:

◾Side Tournament will be Friday
◾All setups will be Head to Head
◾Powered by Team Danger and Kings of CO
◾It will be on Xbox 360
◾Entry fee is $20

◾Juicebox and The Answer to commentate on stream
◾Registration to open in 1 week (from 2/20/15)
◾You can pay cash Thursday July 16, but you have to register by Monday July 13 (AKA deadline to say you want to participate)
◾Stream will be a mix of KingsofCO and Cafeid

Will be keeping track of any new or modified details on DC's forum page for it.

BadWolf

On the competitive side of things, there is a side tournament being set up for KOF XIII at EVO'15.

So far the info is as follows:

◾Side Tournament will be Friday
◾All setups will be Head to Head
◾Powered by Team Danger and Kings of CO
◾It will be on Xbox 360
◾Entry fee is $20

◾Juicebox and The Answer to commentate on stream
◾Registration to open in 1 week (from 2/20/15)
◾You can pay cash Thursday July 16, but you have to register by Monday July 13 (AKA deadline to say you want to participate)
◾Stream will be a mix of KingsofCO and Cafeid

Will be keeping track of any new or modified details on DC's forum page for it.

So awesome, thank you!

Marz

Wonder if any of the international killers will even bother to make it out though.

I know certain players like Tokido and Xiao Hai will be there for SF4 but I wonder if the KoF exclusive guys will come.

Wonder if any of the international killers will even bother to make it out though.

I know certain players like Tokido and Xiao Hai will be there for SF4 but I wonder if the KoF exclusive guys will come.

We hope that at least some of the bigger international players would still make it out, even to just do KOF + another game, but we'll have to see closer to EVO who does show. There could be announcements for which top players are confirmed to appear.

But more on the competitive subject, the communities are trying to get more things going for KOF/SNK games from the US/NA side of things now, through the Dream Cancel Cup, including a Journey to Dream Cancel Cup that will involve results from set, upcoming tourneys like Lonestar Admonition, CafeID's IGT 2015, and even the EVO side tourney. There may be more events, and some details are still being worked out, but you can check out the link to see what it's all about.

Raptomex

I have 3TB myself and after installing it for the first time I get a message about a corrupt save file. I didn't really care since I didn't play before. Then it gets stuck on a loading screen. I learned that the game has an issue creating save data on large HDDs. Over 2TB I believe. I tried running in a window but that did nothing for me. Many recommendations include installing the game to a flash drive.

After spending so much time playing DoA (and just being naturally uncoordinated), this game seems to have a pretty steep execution barrier. I tried doing Mai's trial and got to the 8th one and gave up. I felt lucky to get that far.
Also, I do think this is the best looking 2d fighter ever. 3S is too low res with ugly backgrounds, whereas the backgrounds (in particular) in this game are beautiful.

Top Bottom