• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I feel like Leona's Hop C crossup is worse and that Grand Saber is more punishable. I'm... not sure on any of this yet, though. Sounds like she got invincibility on V Slasher back, but they reduced it's damage?

Sylvie's K command normal being cancellable sounds FANTASTIC though.

Can't test like I want to right now, but hey, looking forward to seeing if there's some great stuff to go with.

Manbig

K' got it bad in this patch. Not only did they nerf slide, but he can no longer build meter with qcf+P by itself and he can no longer combo cr. B x 2 into qcf+P, K follow up.

N4Us

Clark's cl.b is now special cancelable. Climax damage may have been reduced but still unsure about that.

Mian got smacked around with the nerf stick.

Mature's EX Despair no longer has any invulnerability. I've gotten hit out of it six times. I wonder if this is to counter the EX Ebony Tears and EX Despair traps or if it's simply to make this move less worthwhile. It kind of trades on wakeup now which is bad for an EX move.

Bird Cling is fine

As long as it has any sort of start-up invul and she's airborne when you can hit her it's not. She has a dp, her meterless reversal with invul should be just that.
Well at least she can't stay up there too long now.

Rest of the changes so far are interesting though. Throw invul not carrying over to rolls is Kreygasm.

BadWolf

The second hit of Love's double slash is no longer an overhead.

Her damage output on the sword slash super has been nerfed.

Seems like it might be characters dependent. Hein wasn't getting hit by the kick follow up consistently for me.

Had no issues when trying it against Ryo and King.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
are english patch notes normally way after the actual patch

Sure, especially if they do more with the notes than just translate text.

Heck, the trailers for Verse and Antonov were going weeks after the game comes out.

SNK made vids to show off patch changes for KoF XIII console. If they do something similar now (like showing new combos, new routes and ideas from changes, or new punish opportunities), we could have info coming in slow but surely.

I wonder if they need to pass certain things through ATLUS too? I'm just glad we know theres some info on the say.

Wallach

Sure, especially if they do more with the notes than just translate text.

Heck, the trailers for Verse and Antonov were going weeks after the game comes out.

SNK made vids to show off patch changes for KoF XIII console. If they do something similar now (like showing new combos, new routes and ideas from changes, or new punish opportunities), we could have info coming in slow but surely.

I wonder if they need to pass certain things through ATLUS too? I'm just glad we know theres some info on the say.

well I guess I'll just keep drinking and jump into training mode then

Manbig

D version of Nelson's command dash invuln start up. They also changed the timing on his super cancel out of it. Not sure if it's faster or slower. He can wake up reversal into D command dash and super cancel out of it to punish slow recovering meaties. This means that while it is still easily punishable if they don't press a meaty, he doesn't have to automatically spend the meter up front for a reversal.

They also improved the damage, and guard meter depletion on all of the C enders in his chain outside of the guard break of course.

cr. B is now cancelable, but only back + A command normal will combo out if it just like the crouch jab. Still, this is nice since in certain ranges cr, B into cr. A would push too far back to combo properly.

Lastly, they improved the hitbox on far D to be a better AA and to hit crouchers. this is HUGE IMO since far C would lose out to certain hop normals clean, so now he can use far D for a read on hops and not risk crouchers blowing him up for it.

EDIT:

Hein's hopping command grab works versus crouchers now and he can climax cancel out of the last hits of both regular and EX dash super now.

BadWolf

No more invincible command throw for Athena.

Yes!

D version of Nelson's command dash invuln start up. They also changed the timing on his super cancel out of it. Not sure if it's faster or slower. He can wake up reversal into D command dash and super cancel out of it to punish slow recovering meaties. This means that while it is still easily punishable if they don't press a meaty, he doesn't have to automatically spend the meter up front for a reversal.

They also improved the damage, and guard meter depletion on all of the C enders in his chain outside of the guard break of course.

cr. B is now cancelable, but only back + A command normal will combo out if it just like the crouch jab. Still, this is nice since in certain ranges cr, B into cr. A would push too far back to combo properly.

Lastly, they improved the hitbox on far D to be a better AA and to hit crouchers. this is HUGE IMO since far C would lose out to certain hop normals clean, so now he can use far D for a read on hops and not risk crouchers blowing him up for it.

Great buffs for Nelson, glad to see him get lots of love.

Exr

EDIT:

Hein's hopping command grab works versus crouchers now and he can climax cancel out of the last hits of both regular and EX dash super now.
Thanks for the info

Deps

K` changes are beautiful, character can EAD. Really surprised Beni didn't get nerfed, hes super popular in Asia and now hes easily top.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Pretty happy with this patch so far. Didn't over-react and take away every strong option, gave some new ones, made Sylvie's command normals actually awesome, and Zarina didn't blow up and become worthless, lol. A bit worried about Leona, but I need to play her more to really feel what's shifted, and if I can adjust properly.

Looking forward to reading more discoveries in a few hours!

19 pages!? That is a lot for being so early in this games life cycle. Hopefully we can get fully translated notes by the end of the week.

DR2K

Banned
19 pages!? That is a lot for being so early in this games life cycle. Hopefully we can get fully translated notes by the end of the week.

50 characters, half of them useless. A handful that are too powerful, and a few changes for the ones in the middle.

It's totally understandable why it's that big

BadWolf

Sylvie's command normals got such nice, and much needed, buffs. The kick can be special cancelled both from heavy and light normals and the punch command normal is a launcher now and she can juggle after, both when used raw and when comboed into.

Thanks, digging in!

They're almost always community translated. Capcom is starting to do some English ones through Capcom Unity, but that's kinda the exception for Japanese fighting games.

Oda already confirmed that they are translating the patch notes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think there are some change to the input buffer and command priorities.
Im not getting any more "wrong" DPs instead of QCFs with Ryo.
Also i could complete the 5 trials i had remaining in like the first try.

Whatever they did to the input i really like it !!

Wow, reading through these patch notes. They all sound like fair changes.
Folks on twitter are upset that Nakoruru wasn't nerfed to oblivion.

I think that more of a reaction to community requests this patch is based around what Neo_G wanted KOFXIV to be at launch.
BASED NEO_G

stn

So is Terry's burning knuckle no longer safer now on block? Really glad nothing changed with Geese. Also glad they didn't nerf any characters into hell.

Hyun Sai

So is Terry's burning knuckle no longer safer now on block? Really glad nothing changed with Geese. Also glad they didn't nerf any characters into hell.

You have to space it to be safe. And yeah, they nerfed K' into oblivion, but he was so insane he just became fair game now.

BadWolf

Pretty much all my characters got buffs, not tier whoring finally pays off lol.

Great to see them make double half circle supers more lenient to perform.

I know, just saying that most of the time there are no official English patch notes.

Oh okay.

You have to space it to be safe.

Which is fine since his shoulder tackle is safe/positive on block depending on which version you do. Now you have a reason to use both moves instead of spamming knuckle all day.

I should note i think these changes are fair .
Over half the cast was useless vs the other half .
This should make things much better .

Plus the topic tier are still very playable so it not like they get nerf to hell.

Top Bottom