• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

BadWolf

A demo? I wonder if there's more to this update than just new visual flair...

Seems so:

This update will include significant graphical improvements, 2 new color variations per character, and many more features.

Please stay tuned for more exciting news and reveals about KOF XIV in the coming weeks and months!

https://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/2016/120501/

And from the MMCafe article:

Ver 1.10 Additions:

- 50 Additional player icons (all selectable from start)
- 100 Additional titles (each unlocked per online match)
- Game now has 6 colors per character (previously 4)
- More Spectator SE varieties (for party battle mode)
- Misc function updates and fixes

Neo_G has confirmed that this update is all about visuals and features, there are no balance changes.

GrayFoxPL

Geezas why is this game so buggy for me?

I decided to jump in after long hiatus to see what the patches changed and fuck, online mode can crash and freeze any time: on the loading screen, in game, even in lobby, wtf man. Offline never crashes.

Ranked pretty much useless now, connected to 2 dudes in few hours, lol.

On the bright side, managed to get few good fights in free lobbies, that felt good even if they kicked my ass!

Game still crazy fun offline. Just sitting in training doing combos is a pleasure. I'd love few more crazy bonus offline modes since online is not much used.

Also thanks to everyone who gave head's up on that godly Fatal Fury theme!

Did my duty.

Btw that character poll doesn't count right? I voted Blue Mary, Shen and Rock anyway.

BadWolf

KOFXIV Championship details:

“KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” tournament dates finally announced!

We are proud to announce the dates of the two tournament events scheduled for “THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” (WCS) during which the best THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV (KOF XIV) player in the fighting game community will be crowned World Champion. Please stay tuned for more details about these exciting events to be announced in the coming days!

KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP <“FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT>

Place  Tokyo (Japan)
Date  February 18th, 2017 (Sat.)
Description
16 top level players selected via previous tournament qualifiers (or invites) will battle it out until the 4 finalists (FOUR KINGS) have been decided.
* Accommodation and transportation expenses involved in arriving at the tournament venue will be borne by SNK.

KOF XIV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP <GRAND FINAL>

Place  Beijing (China)
Date  mid-March 2017
Description 
The 4 players remaining after the “FOUR KINGS” TOURNAMENT will compete against each other to decide the World Champion. Cash prizes and other gorgeous prizes will be offered to the players.
* Accommodation and transportation expenses involved in arriving at the tournament venue will be borne by SNK.

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2016/120901/

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yuri's new Ryo palette, whew

BwrC0pu.png

they need to fix the placement of that tongue

Which character DLC do you want? (pick 3)

Shermie, Chris, Yashiro (20%, 573 Votes)
Heavy D, Brian Battler, Lucky (17%, 491 Votes)
Blue Mary (13%, 369 Votes)
Rock Howard (12%, 349 Votes)

^
Why are Shermie, Chris , yashio together
darn it! Rock howard should be first :(

Edit: I mean no one wants , chris or Yashiro right?

Which character DLC do you want? (pick 3)

Shermie, Chris, Yashiro (20%, 573 Votes)
Heavy D, Brian Battler, Lucky (17%, 491 Votes)
Blue Mary (13%, 369 Votes)
Rock Howard (12%, 349 Votes)

How the hell did Team American Sports get such a big swell of votes? They were barely top 10 when I first voted, and there were less than 7 days before the poll closed. They knocked Yamazaki out of the top 5.

But, I too agree that whole teams shouldn't have been options in that poll. I say if we get any character DLC at all, we'll get three individual characters just like in KOF XIII.

How the hell did Team American Sports get such a big swell of votes? They were barely top 10 when I first voted, and there were less than 7 days before the poll closed. They knocked Yamazaki out of the top 5.

Reading through the comments (which I now regret for other reasons), it seems someone on Twitter spammed people to get them to vote for that team.

Loona

According to the SNK thread on 4chan's /vg/ (I kinda love that that exists now), some youtube guy pushed for that option in the poll, although they didn't specify who...

According to the SNK thread on 4chan's /vg/ (I kinda love that that exists now), some youtube guy pushed for that option in the poll, although they didn't specify who...

A Youtube personality pushed for the vote? I guess Maximilian didn't know of this poll, otherwise Rock Howard would have ran away with the vote.

GrayFoxPL

But, I too agree that whole teams shouldn't have been options in that poll. I say if we get any character DLC at all, we'll get three individual characters just like in KOF XIII.

I like Team US but their popularity was always low.

Whole pool is iffy as hell. Triple team vote as one makes no sense. Who gives a shit they are a team, they are still composed of individual characters. Eg Shermie was in Battle Coliseum as one character.

That's why I think SNK wont take this poll seriously. It's already hard to make 1 character but these guys want 3 and maybe in 2 versions each? Please dawg.

Give me Blue Mary, Yamazaki and Rock anytime over this shit.

Hadoukie

Ugh, fuck that asshat whoever he is. We really dont need them back.

Screw that whole team vote crap. All anyone cares about from either team is Shermie and Heavy D. I'd say just put them in, but no way in hell should D get in over Vanessa.

I agree that grouping them for the purpose of the poll is some dumb shit but people do generally ask for the team. Hell asking for them is also the go-to choice when you just want more characters overall because you're basically asking for 6.

Mr. X

I don't remember seeing them saying whoever wins gets added, only they were paying attention which we could've guessed without SNK saying so.

BadWolf

According to Oda the 98 Athena costume will be free for a while.

Maybe it's the christmas present he was referring to in the interview?

Nice interview.

Definitely sounds like they want XIV to last for a while and it's good to see them reach out to smaller events/communities as well.

Can't post picture, and not sure if mentioned before, but KoF 98 Athena outfit coming soon

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/809355191178825728

She looks nice, always liked that outfit.

If she gets a second one at any point here's hoping it's her 2002 outfit.

https://twitter.com/ManChest/status/807899979079565314

Goddamn, I didn't knew you could do that with KoD

Very cool and good to know, guess he's like a moving wall with that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't see those themes. Are they on Euro PSN?

I see a different set of themes on USA PSN.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Speakin' of themes: there will be a bunch of xmas themes available by downloading the new demo.
Source: Gatoray

Athena KOF98 costume is also free.
BTW this theme is pretty pretty good:
gamersky_05origin_09_201612161756AE4.jpg

BadWolf

Another weekend loaded with tournaments:

3rd Gerrard Cup (Korea) featuring players like Lacid, Madkof, Vash etc. Lacid kicked so much ass with Kukri, Daimon and Meitenkun. He might be their strongest player right now.

ZEG2016 (China) featuring Xiao Hu (the guy who owned Xiaohai and Dakou in long sets). Check this epic bait out.

NEC also took place this weekend, Reynald owned everyone with Gang-Il and Luong.

Also, it seems there will be an official (?) Korean KOFXIV tournament taking place in February, 2017, and SNK will be supporting it.

Kinda off-topic, but...
Korea is having an "Old School Tournament"...

EDIT: Might be a replay...?

And, they're currently playing Art of Fighting:
https://www.twitch.tv/mediamuse

Lol, wish them luck. They'll need it to play that game.

Behold the ancient ancestor of KOF14.

Sweet, will check out the archive.

Speakin' of themes: there will be a bunch of xmas themes available by downloading the new demo.
Source: Gatoray

Athena KOF98 costume is also free.
BTW this theme is pretty pretty good:
gamersky_05origin_09_201612161756AE4.jpg

SNK going all in with the Athena love.

Should be hitting tomorrow or so.

Another weekend loaded with tournaments:

3rd Gerrard Cup (Korea) featuring players like Lacid, Madkof, Vash etc. Lacid kicked so much ass with Kukri, Daimon and Meitenkun. He might be their strongest player right now.

ZEG2016 (China) featuring Xiao Hu (the guy who owned Xiaohai and Dakou in long sets). Check this epic bait out.

NEC also took place this weekend, Reynald owned everyone with Gang-Il and Luong.

Also, it seems there will be an official (?) Korean KOFXIV tournament taking place in February, 2017, and SNK will be supporting it.

Sweet, will check out the archive.

SNK going all in with the Athena love.

Should be hitting tomorrow or so.

what's hitting tomorrow?
the new demo?

Top Bottom