• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Amedo310

Need help, Ive been trying to figure out how to use max super with Ryo after max qcb-lk/hk but im not sure if its possible. besides that any other tips on what to do with Ryo?

Are you talking about his climax or any max super after the kick special?

Ryo's j. lk is good for hopping fireballs and is his goto cross-up button.

Amedo310

Yeah sorry, was talking about connecting the climax to the max kick

Thanks for the crossup info, cheers

Yes. The climax is impossible to hit after ex kicks.

The move is alright for punishing moves that have some push back for moves that are -12 or less on block.

cr. HP is the fastest normal in the game with 3 frame startup. It is good to link from cr. LK, cr. LP, or cl.LK. Using his link works best from cross up j. Lk.

Ryo normals don't have a lot from range, so you will have to start a mix up from one block light attack instead of two more often than other characters.

Here is his frame data: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WAxkcvfTKdZGRxWm94cW5aMWs

vg260

How long does it typically take Atlus to offer a digital sale?

I saw the game is $40 on Amazon, but want to pick it up digitally.

BadWolf

SNK announces King of Fighters XIV e-Sports Support Program

This weekend was the KOF Festival tournament in Japan (a super legit Muimui cosplayer was on commentary) and it was a KOFXIV Championship qualifier event. The grand final was between
Kindevu
and
M'

M'
won so he's the first Japanese player to qualify for the championship. He's the player that was sponsored by Sanwa recently, which made him the first Japanese KOF player ever (?) to get a pro sponsorship.

Bestbout: KOFXIV01 will be taking place this coming weekend, the first major (?) Korean tournament for the game. Don't know who is going but here's hoping Madkof, Verna, Lacid etc. show up.

You can find quick, concise and helpful guides for both characters here:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=4285.0

That's a great place to start.

One important thing to keep in mind with Shun is that you have to use his command normal (forward+LK) to get max damage out of his combos but the move whiffs on crouchers.

You can still do good damage without it but if you do decide to use it then start your combos with his crouching HP as much as possible because this normal causes the opponent to stand up, which guarantees that the forward+LK will combo even if the opponent was crouching initially.

Randomly noticed Nelson's down+C ender going through a fireball.

Like what.

Very interesting, it does have a spin/evasion looking animation to it.

Neoxon

Was there news of this earlier? I haven't been following so this sort of came out of nowhere to me.
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/803068526231621632
HOLY SHIT!!!!

CyUSj7ZUAAAflZD.jpg

I'm loving the new lighting, but it kinda makes Kyo look a bit sinister.

Someone needs to make a separate thread for this!

Amedo310

Hopefully, the character select portraits and the top side portraits in match get updated.

Kyo looks like he had enough of the bullshit like Amuro in CCA.

kasavin

Really excited for this, and will have to try it at PSX this coming week. The lighting on certain characters is IMO the main weak point of the game's visuals, which overall turned out way better than I expected -- animations, clothing textures, visual FX and so on all look really good. This game turned out way better than I hoped and rekindled my love of SNK fighters, so I'm stoked to see SNK continue to make it better and better. Clear evidence of a dev that really cares about its game.

vg260

A graphical update is nice. It's not amazing, but the game already looks better than it gets credit for.

Europe got 50% off the digital version this weekend, yet the US got nothing, which is disappointing. Hopefully there will be an end-of-year sale. I've waited too long and I know as soon as I'd buy it, there will be a sale. I'll just have to sit tight for now.

Rhapsody

Banned
Thread made. Honestly surprised they're doing some visual changes this early (which is good). Pretty interested to see how some of the other characters turned out and how it looks in motion.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Props to SNK for reworking the lighting and texture work.
I wonder if 1.10 will have balance changes... GIVE CLARK A GUN

Finally bought the game as it was on sale over the weekend.

I hate to say it but I'm not impressed after a few hours' play.
I can put my disappointment with the graphics to one side (especially as they're being improved), but it just doesn't feel right to me. And I've been playing KoF casually since '94.
Maybe because it's because I'm coming off the back of a lot of SFV play but the game just feels really clunky to me, I'm dropping the simplest of combos and my moves aren't even coming out half the time.
I know KoF has always been a bit stricter on inputs and maybe I'll get used to it with time but right now it just doesn't feel good at all.

BadWolf

Maybe because it's because I'm coming off the back of a lot of SFV play but the game just feels really clunky to me, I'm dropping the simplest of combos and my moves aren't even coming out half the time.
I know KoF has always been a bit stricter on inputs and maybe I'll get used to it with time but right now it just doesn't feel good at all.

If you are used to SF's overly lenient inputs then yeah, you will need time to adjust. People going from SF4 to XIII had a similar issue.

The game itself controls fine.

The overall execution barrier, especially when it comes to combos, has been reduced immensely since XIII.

Hopefully it will click with me then, I'll persevere!

I do really like the cast, most of the new characters are great, nice to have so many fresh faces.

Top Bottom