• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Shun

Life bar is 1000 for all characters.

Also anchor Mature gets to use more of her EX projectile and EX DP (though that was nerfed) which helps her whether she goes for offense or tries to lame it out. Compared to these additional tools, KoD's main benefit from meter is damage and armor grabs, which don't change much in terms of how you can actually play him.

My mistake on life then. But yeah that's why Dinosaur is used that way on his particular team.

BadWolf

So... this is happening.

Starting 2017 in the lab

Nice to have mid range pressure that covers rolls in addition to the basic back+AC/back+BD in strings starting from up close.
Also meaty far B allows to link cr.C (or even far D) but using that and the above at the same time is going to take some more practice.

Good stuff, that sweep into anywhere juggle grab looks so badass.

Very nice, saw a really solid Bandeiras at a Chinese (I think it was) tournament once and the character definitely has potential, especially when it comes to shenanigans.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
More new free themes US PSN STORE

Im at work so i cant check but i think that the K' & Kula theme artwork is Hiroaki's.
I F*CKIN' LOVE HIROAKI

He always draws K' badass as f*ck

Example #1
Example #2
Hiroaki pls

BadWolf

English translation via SRK.

According to an MMCafe member apparently it will be a weekly web comic?

The art is nice and it's in full color, looks good. Hopefully we will start hearing about the anime soon as well, iirc the rumor/news said that if it didn't release at the end of 2016 then it would be in the first quarter of 2017 for sure. Wonder if it will be based on KOFXIV like the web comic.

I'm ready for the 1.10 patch

Y29RhRw.jpg

BadWolf

Off screen shots of new Athena and King colors from version 1.10. Apparently they aren't just adding two new colors per character but also making changes to existing colors as well (Leona got a bunch of her's changed for example).

A whole bunch of tournaments happening this week across many regions, including two qualifying tournaments (one in Korea and the other in Peru) for the KOFXIV Championship.

It seems Ichiki has recorded some new voice work for the arcade version of KOFXIV. According to Gato ray it might be system voices (a 'how to play' maybe?) and probably not a new character.

Also, the Garou artist (who did that render of B. Jenet recently) is at it again, this time it's Jack from Art of Fighting.

Oh and it seems XIV has won FTG of the year at Dualshockers.

FCA Grand Finals

Not familiar with these players, but hey, more Gang-Il.

He's really going up the ranks and has placed well in tournaments in all regions recently (US, JP, Korea and now China).

Luong is also kicking a ton of ass at tournaments, she's dangerous af. China and Japan have the best one's so far I think.

Five new free KoF themes up on EU PSN now. Not sure which ones the US had already gotten, but it's 'Yagami', 'Psychic Girl', 'Nests Girls', 'Nests Girls on the Beach' and 'K'&Kula'.

BadWolf

The 1.10 patch is hitting tomorrow, whoo!

...though it kinda doesn't matter to me since I've been playing it a ton regardless lol. This cast is just too damn good, feels like I'm trying new characters all the time.

Giving Angel some extra love though and usually have her on my team, so glad she made it in and she's fun (and complex) as heck.

Five new free KoF themes up on EU PSN now. Not sure which ones the US had already gotten, but it's 'Yagami', 'Psychic Girl', 'Nests Girls', 'Nests Girls on the Beach' and 'K'&Kula'.

Nice and yeah, these are already available on the NA store.

Heeh, I'm very confident SNK will patch pretty quick any infinite they find in this game.

It even seems to let him combo a close HP after two crouching jabs.

Too bad it was found like a day or two before the 1.10 patch and we will probably have to wait for the next patch to get it fixed. It seems to be all over the place now though, Japanese players are also posting/showing it on their twitters so SNK is probably already aware of it.

A back dash glitch has also been discovered, will probably get patched out as well.

vg260

Bought this over the holidays, but only barely touched it so far. I've been stuck on KI and a little SFV mostly. I'm moving this to the top of my backlog.

Any general tips for someone coming in? I'm familiar with fighters, but wondering if there are some good do/don'ts for the KOF game mechanics.

BadWolf

Holy hell this patch is amazing. Everything looks SO NICE.

More impressions pls for those stuck at work.

Is everyone benefiting from the upgrade? How are Kim and Andy? How about the ladies?

Any general tips for someone coming in? I'm familiar with fighters, but wondering if there are some good do/don'ts for the KOF game mechanics.

This is the best starting point for someone new to KOF. It explains the basics of the series as a whole.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask us.

If you are looking for quick starter intro guides for characters in XIV then go here. His videos give you a quick breakdown of what normals to use, reversals, combos etc.

vg260

This is the best starting point for someone new to KOF. It explains the basics of the series as a whole.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask here.

If you are looking for quick starter intro guides for characters in XIV then go here. His videos quick you the quick breakdown of what normals to use, reversals, combos etc.

Cool, thanks. I have an idea of what characters I'm going to try to learn. I mostly pick based on design. Fortunately this one looks to have a lot of new characters than appeal to me more than the classics. The sand guy looks pretty rad.

BadWolf

I have a few more on my Twitter, but I think I already blew the "56k warning" here, haha.

Thanks for the shots man!

The upgrade looks so damn nice. King is looking seriously nice in that shot with the grey suit.

That purple Ryo, classic black/red Kim, dark skinned Angel etc., the new colors are so good.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks for the shots SAB CA!

Brown Angel and black & red Kim are great.

GrayFoxPL

Really? New version looks way better to me.

Yeah. Look at your comparison again.

Hair looks so awful. Ken's plastic banana hair syndrome in effect. Skin on breasts lost its smooth look and sweaty shininess, replaced by unpleasant rough matte look - doesn't go well with my feels. No siree.

But that could be just one bad screenshot, zoomed out shots look pretty darn good.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
+ Looks great!

- Online is now broken for me. Can't get into rooms and have lengthy delays when searching.

Top Bottom