• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Jolkien

Is it even a trails game without bull shit tiny window secrets to permanently fuck up your score?

It was already easier in both Cold steel since the cutoff date was always easy to figure out compared to TitS and with it being absent in 3rd makes sense considering how the game appear to plays out, I'm glad Falcom decided to just drop it for a game rather than shove it down our throats.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was thinking that instead of a punny or witty OT title, we should just call it

|OT| XSeed's Localization Miracle

or

|OT| XSeed's Labor of Love

Just to show appreciation for what they've done to bring it over to the west.

Thoughts?

Young Magus

I was thinking that instead of a punny or witty OT title, we should just call it

or

Thoughts?

I'll take Localization Miracle.

Sad that my witty OT suggestions wouldn't be used ;_;

PK Gaming

Sometimes I really regret starting SC on hard. Some of these bosses are blatantly not designed with hard mode in mind (I'm looking at you, boss that heals like 2500hp when low on health)

Ascheroth

Sometimes I really regret starting SC on hard. Some of these bosses are blatantly not designed with hard mode in mind (I'm looking at you, boss that heals like 2500hp when low on health)
I love playing Ys games on Nightmare and beyond, but I've never tried harder modes in the Trails games.
Some bosses were hard enough on normal.

I dunno, I feel like in general I like turning up the difficulty in action games while usually not bothering in turn-based ones.

Psxphile

or

Thoughts?
Seems a little... overbearing gushing fanboy to me. You want to thank the good people at Xseed for their work? Buy and enjoy the game Day 1. Talk it up on social media.

Despite the numerous samples we provided pages ago when the topic last came up, someone over at Xseed already gave us the perfect subject title right there on the game's Steam page:

Even More Olivier
As if two Sky games was enough Olivier.

Much as I like the Olivier jokes, he's not as much a factor in this game, so it'd be a bit misleading to use a variation on More Olivier for the OT. FC on PC didn't even get an OT tagline! Just choose something that's fun and fits the game, since anyone dipping into the OT for a glance will infer how far into the series this story is.

vkrili

At this point it's probably better to wait for 3rd than jump into CS1 and 2, especially with their PC ports coming this summer.

zakujanai

I'm looking forward to a Cold Steel 2 replay at some point after 3rd to see the extra NG+ quest line but it's only just dawned on me that by the time I can fit it in I can play the PC version. Now I can't decide whether to push on for the platinum trophy or use someone elses save to do the NG+ on the superior PC version. What a glorious dilemma to have.

Obviously I'll be buying the PC versions day one whatever I decide to do, these games own my soul.

jb1234

Then go play it

(Or play 1, if you haven't already. I think there's some soundrack overlap between the two?)

Haha, nah. I'm still working on SC (slowly). The plan is to get into the Cold Steels when the PC versions are released (even though I already have them both on PS3).

Huh, so got to the part after I got
Joshua
in SC. Didn't expect shit to get real so quickly immediately after though, jesus.

Also, fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck being forced
to use Zin in the 2nd tower
. Literally the worst party member IMO. The only thing he's good at is Tanking. Which is worse than useless this late in the game when everyone, even Tita, has enough HP to tank everything.

I'm cringing thinking about how much DPS I'm losing by being forced to have him in the party. My entire strategy the entire game has been to just DPS-nuke everything, especially once I got Art-Strength boosting equipment to stack on Kloe and Olivier
Gaaah,
if only he didn't leave the party.

Erheller

My PS3 system data got corrupted at the end of CS2 so I didn't get the play the final act. But I'm probably going to wait for the PC version to come out to replay it.

PK Gaming

I love playing Ys games on Nightmare and beyond, but I've never tried harder modes in the Trails games.
Some bosses were hard enough on normal.

I dunno, I feel like in general I like turning up the difficulty in action games while usually not bothering in turn-based ones.

I'm the opposite. I love upping the difficulty in RPGs but I'm not that great in action games. SC's hard mode doesn't even feel hard; it's tedious. Like FC's hard mode worked because the base game was really easy, but SC's normal mode much more challenging, and hard mode just wrecks the balance of certain enemies.

Shizuka

Only the Sky trilogy has been cursed right? Cold Steel seemed like they went smooth.

Not really. I remember huge glitches right before it was supposed to be released, it was delayed by an entire season and it almost didn't make 2015. The first one, that is.

I'm the opposite. I love upping the difficulty in RPGs but I'm not that great in action games. SC's hard mode doesn't even feel hard; it's tedious. Like FC's hard mode worked because the base game was really easy, but SC's normal mode much more challenging, and hard mode just wrecks the balance of certain enemies.

Either I'm crazy, or SC is much easier than FC.

I couldn't DPS Nuke everything in FC. I can in SC.

or

Thoughts?

I agree. These guys are heroes to me, I'll be eternally grateful for the effort they put into this franchise.
The OT should give them the credit they deserve.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Seems a little... overbearing gushing fanboy to me. You want to thank the good people at Xseed for their work? Buy and enjoy the game Day 1. Talk it up on social media.

Despite the numerous samples we provided pages ago when the topic last came up, someone over at Xseed already gave us the perfect subject title right there on the game's Steam page:
Well gee, I didn't know expressing gratitude for a company undergoing a very-possibly-unprofitable, high effort, workload-intensive effort to translate a game we thought we'd never get and are getting ten years after the fact was being an overbearing gushing fanboy. Jesus.

|OT| Xseed your expectations
lmao

If we are going for punny names, I loved the Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

So, who wants to bet on 3rd getting a PS4/Vita version down the line in the same way Ys Origin did?

Y'know, Sony going to Falcom directly for the license, handing it over to DotEmu, and then porting the Steam version whilst proclaiming all of XSEED's enhancements as "New for and exclusive to the PS4™/Vita™ version!" whilst XSEED doesn't get any input on or see a single cent of said PS4/Vita versions.

Well gee, I didn't know expressing gratitude for a company undergoing a very-possibly-unprofitable, high effort, workload-intensive effort to translate a game we thought we'd never get and are getting ten years after the fact was being an overbearing gushing fanboy. Jesus.

Indeed. Christ...

So, who wants to bet on 3rd getting a PS4/Vita version down the line in the same way Ys Origin did?

Y'know, Sony going to Falcom directly for the license, handing it over to DotEmu, and then porting the Steam version whilst proclaiming all of XSEED's enhancements as "New for and exclusive to the PS4™/Vita™ version!" whilst XSEED doesn't get any input on or see a single cent of said PS4/Vita versions.

Oh yes please.

Shizuka

I too cheer on the thought of XSEED taking on all the risk whilst another party reaps the rewards and pretends they took the risks.

/s

No one is pretending anything. Ys Origin sold a shit ton on Steam and most likely a fraction of that on PS4. XSEED doesn't do charity, they're making a product for sale. If another company manages to sell that product on another platform, XSEED could either do the port themselves or complain with Falcom for making a sensible business decision.

Psxphile

Well, normally it isn't. Anyway, you asked for thoughts on the idea and I gave mine. You're free to disagree, of course.

EDIT: the 3rd's website is now live

C-nUeIGV0AAkXcI.jpg:small

Top Bottom