• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The lack of quality control on the Nintendo eShop is getting embarrassing

I love how someone replies to ninjapig proving his point

78Ql557.png

Entitled blog/youtube reviewers >.>

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Thank you and all the others that make more publicity to these bad games than the good ones will ever get. They are selling because of this practically. Because people can't help themselves and they are buying them just to see how bad they are, if they are so important to have a thread about them, after all the other threads about them.

Edit: also this.

Emily Rogers said:
Two of these 3 games are doing really well (sales wise). I've seen numbers. Nintendo gets a chunk of that $$$ too.

GulAtiCa

The one downside to this program being so open (beyond being possibly bad games), is that opens it up to inexperienced devs who don't know how to take any kind of criticism..

I've seen several Wii U indie devs out of this program that can't and just refuse to take any form of criticism. Some even go as far as twitter meltdowns and jump up and down claiming NintendoLife raped them.. (5 points if you know who I'm talking about). It's really sad that people are unable to accept that reviews aren't there to hurt you, but to provide feedback to customers of what to expect as well as the game developers on why the game was or wasn't fun/entertaining/working/etc.

Of course, these are just the vocal minority (who need to shut up), as many of us out of this Wii U indie program have learned to accept criticism.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I don't see a problem in this because the bad games always take a bit of delving to find. They aren't ever advertised on the front page of the eShop in the same way quality games like Shovel Knight are.

Just ignore them and accept them as a consequence of making it easier to publish. I also think it helps a lot with the "Its hard to get games on to the eShop" myth - because if a 20 year old can get Meme Run up there.... anyone can.

And if you buy Meme Run to see how bad it is... you're part of the problem.

fred

So 3 games? Out of how many? Seems like a pretty good record to me.

This ^^^

The vast majority of indie games in the eShop have been great. And if you're not sure whether a game is going to be worth buying or not - that's what Miiverse is for.

jrDev

I'm aware of that. Just saying, that's a lot more than 3 poor games (which is what some in this topic are claiming), and that's just one section of the eShop. A section that many will check out given it's category and it's largely filled with garbage. That's the kind of software that is being featured every single week in the sales section.

You got terrible games priced at 99 cents. You got terrible games priced at fucking $30 and "on sale" for $10. It's pretty damn ugly if you ask me.
You want Nintendo to play these games and decide they are not good before putting it on their store?

Also you say you understand that developers set their sales and then you have a problem that they end up in the "sale" section, do you even understand what you are arguing about?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nintendo's current third party situation is already atrocious. The last thing they should be doing is creating more rules to prevent third party support.

This. Nintendo want games like Grim Fandango too, but were denied. Beggar can't be chooser.

Top Bottom