• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian development experiencing technical difficulties, says Sony

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
9f04_thumb.jpg

charsace

So what. Polyphony Digital will make pure profit with GT5 to cover this and other smaller SCEJ titles.

You think this is a small project? If this was a small project it would have been released a while a go on PSN.

They are bringing in other teams to try and finish this quickly. Most likely money is going to be lost on this.

patsu

Big or small budget, they probably hit a big problem to tie up the entire Team ICO studio and then some.

I wonder if Sony can reuse any of the stuff built here. In the early days, the studios shared technologies.

I assume the 'game' part is complete but they're having problems with the frame rate and such?

I like to hope

And Sony have surely invested enough money at this point they wouldn't dream of cancelling it.

Angry Fork

I don't understand why people want it for PS4, then it would just be a barely upscaled version rather than really going all out on PS4 hardware. Why not just release it on PS3 as a swan song? If Team ICO survives then they can make something with PS4 hardware in mind.

It's different if development starts late, like say Gran Turismo 6 which I think should definitely be on PS4, but games like Last Guardian or Versus 13 should stay PS3.

tzare

i think that at this point, they better move development towards PS4, less technical probles plus a really appealing game at launch.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I don't understand why people want it for PS4, then it would just be a barely upscaled version rather than really going all out on PS4 hardware. Why not just release it on PS3 as a swan song? If Team ICO survives then they can make something with PS4 hardware in mind.

It's different if development starts late, like say Gran Turismo 6 which I think should definitely be on PS4, but games like Last Guardian or Versus 13 should stay PS3.

Considering how long it's taken them to do something with the PS3, I can't imagine how long it'd take them to get something for the PS4 out the door.

i think that at this point, they better move development towards PS4, less technical probles plus a really appealing game at launch.

I'm not sure taking a game facing technical problems and trying to make it a next gen game is a very ideal solution. I also don't see how anyone could expect them to make it to launch doing such a thing considering the histroy of this game.

Dabanton

Are people serious when they say this should be pushed to PS4? do you actually want this game to come out sometime in the next 6 years?

Solidino

games like ico, sotc and TLG don't push the sales of consoles up.
700 bucks for a Big Cat and a stupid boy? Naaaa

Perkel

Banned
Oi people you forgot about that this game is preatty innovative.

As i saw trailer first thing i thought: "Programing hell"

I mean physic based animations and looking at trailer a lot of diffrent places, and it probably Trico is at fault as he is very big and it's a creature not human.

I hope we will see it i near future.

Corto

Are people serious when they say this should be pushed to PS4? do you actually want this game to come out sometime in the next 6 years?

People want the game to come out. That's it. Considering the lack of substantial updates on its development state besides "there are technical difficulties, etc etc) the most probable scenarios can be that the game will be terminated to cut losses, or pushed to next generation in hopes that new stronger hardware could mean less constrictions to the development process. I prefer the latter scenario.

Top Bottom