• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Looks like we got another TIE variant.

000263251hr.jpg

Neat.

looks like an updated TIE Interceptor

IIRC that's been known about a while and is Kylo's personal ship. Because of course he's a great pilot.

Lmo911

It tells you in the article. Rose's idealized version of him makes him want to try and be that guy.

So Finn is to Rose as Luke is to Rey? They really are playing up the duality thing here.

Everyone's going to be very well adjusted by the third movie. They won't even have a battle. They'll all sit around sipping tea and writing up peace accords.

Out of all the names in the Star Wars universe why does the name "Rose" bug me so much? It feels out of place.

Because it's relatively normal in an english speaking context? While other cases like Ben or Luke have been normalised in your mind due to their long association with the franchise, Rose stands out all the more.

Because it's relatively normal in an english speaking context? While other cases like Ben or Luke have been normalised in your mind due to their long association with the franchise, Rose stands out all the more.

I guess that's pretty much it. Snoke landed with a thud and I was able to accept it a lot more simply because it's Star Wars. Rose is gonna take some time. It will probably settle in once I see the movie.

I feel like they are overselling it with the "Luke being in self imposed exile". We already know from the teaser that he trains Rey. No need to try and make a big deal about Rey meeting Luke and him not wanting to train her. Probably 15 minutes later he will give in.

jelly

Not wary enough if you ask me.

hqdefault.jpg

(I wasn't a fan of that whole Rathtar sequence)

Yeah, that sucked. More so the strong Scottish accent ruining my immersion. Just a poor section all around. They also blew it making Maz CGI, what a waste of a good actor.

sappyday

I liked Kylo as character but there is no strong villain yet or Kylo himself hasn't proven to be much of a threat. I hope this is where Snoke comes in and changes things. Even though most don't like Rogue One for some reason, that Vader scene was more menacing and scary than all the Kylo/Snoke/First Order/Hux/Brienne of Tarth (forgot the character's name) scenes combined

jelly

Poe kinda sucks if he is this wonder pilot with plot armour. I like the actor and his performance but if he does TFA on repeat in battles, I would find that a little boring, raise the stakes.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Known to people who already know these spoilers. This doesn't mean they stopped being spoilers.

What spoilers? Seriously, I'm not seeing any, at all. That it's Leia's last movie? Is Carrie Fisher being dead a spoiler? That Finn will not be asleep for the full movie? That... I don't know, what else?

kunonabi

Poe kinda sucks if he is this wonder pilot with plot armour. I like the actor and his performance but if he does TFA on repeat in battles, I would find that a little boring, raise the stakes.

The bigger problem is how redundant he his. Rey is already an ace pilot so he just doesnt have much to contribute. Finn doesnt either but at least he's an interesting character who already has some chemistry and a connection to Rey. Poe is just there to be another lovable scoundrel but its so forced that it doesnt work all that well. Hopefully, Johnson has something up his sleeve to make him worth a damn.

Tookay

This thread is bagging on Poe now? What the fuck.
Oscar Isaac is a very charming fellow, but his character is laughably thin. He's just "whoa look how awesome and likable this guy is" for an entire film.

Hopefully Rian gives him more to do.

I don't mind Rey being a Kenobi but it would almost guarantee that Kylo is redeemed. The Skywalker line won't be allowed to die out at this point. I like these new characters but I can't see the EU survive off of mostly just Rey and Finn alone. I see Poe on the same level of Lando in terms of role.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Poe magically teleporting from Jakku to the rebel planet with literally no set-up, even arriving there before Finn (who basically left as soon as humanely possible from the moment he woke up in the desert) annoyed me more than it probably should:

Top Bottom