• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Man On Earth S2 |OT| Dammit, Phil - Sundays 9/8c

I remember seeing the pilot episode and thinking it was decent but not great. Is the series honestly good?

If you found it decent you might want to watch a couple of more eps, but the show is usually in range of that pilot or dipping to a little worse. I like it because I find Phil hilarious even though hes juvenile but its probably not everyones cup of tea.

Illucio

Banned
The train was a good idea, but wouldn't it alert others of Tandy's location let alone Carole?

Still Tandy hiding the message was a ballsy move. Carole wouldn't care if she saw the note, but the fact that Tandy hid it might upset her. I hope he pretends he found it later on and they don't search for the others. It will be scary to see what Phil is doing right now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda disappointed the whole Tucson crew is there and is doing well.

I was hoping we'd get some post apocalyptic death crews roaming about or something.

KingKong

Kinda disappointed the whole Tucson crew is there and is doing well.

I was hoping we'd get some post apocalyptic death crews roaming about or something.

I thought the best thing the show has done was get rid of all those boring Tuscon characters so it's a shame they're bringing them back

I agree it would have been great if they found some really weird people, like some group building a new society with their own crazy rules

TripOpt55

Loved the opening portion to the this episode especially the train part. Really great. Pretty apprehensive about the Tucson people being back in the show. Hope it isn't for long. The WIll Ferrell cameo was unexpected and rather funny.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Whelp, they lasted one episode. The writers of this show don't have any balls.

Preview spoiler.

For a bit I thought they were going to hate Carol like they do Phil since she killed Will but it seems like it's back to season 1 but now they think Phil is dead.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, I was a little disappointed to see them again. I'm worried that we'd just end up with last season's dynamic again.

I don't think the show would survive if it was just Phil and Carol finding a place to live in all season. I don't think they could stretch out Phil and Carol looking for each other either all season.

Another enjoyable episode. I'm also disappointed that the crew are back so soon but there really is only so many things writers can do with only two characters. At least the dynamic appears to have changed somewhat and the previews for next week actually look pretty good. Here's hoping!

That cameo was amazing, I was dying lol

Really enjoyed the first two episodes, but I'm concerned about the reintroduction of the rest of the group. We'll see what they do though.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't know, the show seems very aware of last season's problems, especially this episode. I would expect they're aware some of the dynamics from last season also didn't work.

Dalek

Great ending. The show is much better this year-I really want to see how they handle his brother returning.

big ander

funny ep. Though I expected Carol to find Phil quickly, I would've taken multiple episodes of Schaal drinking salsa and talking to/imitating a wind dancer

Even the writing on the train was so perfectly in Tandy's voice. Ferrell cameo was hilariously brief and I'm holding out hope they'll have the ensemble figured out this time.

vypek

I was laughing so hard. My wife wasn't really paying attention so she didn't catch it. But wow - so perfect.

It really was. I'm not crazy about Will in TV roles so just as I was thinking it, the ending happened. So far I think this season has improved over season 1

ivysaur12

Banned
It's weird -- I usually find the use of "friggin" so annoying in film and TV, but this show does it so well. It just feels nature coming out of Forte's mouth.

#thoughts

Toothless

Two big laughs at the episode

1. "Wow, Phil really let himself go."
2. That cameo.

Enjoyable; I like they're really running through plot quickly, makes it feel super jampacked. Looking forward to this week's episode.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 3 "Dead Man Walking"

After Carol accidentally kills Gordan, a new addition to the Tuscon Crew, her and Phil try to find a way to ease themselves back into the group; Carol fakes Phil's death.

Top Bottom