• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Kind of pissed, because I'm probably a substantial reason to why some people were excited or interested about the game on GAF.

I know I only knew about this game because you bringing it up in every thread about awesome looking indie games

and lets be fair, the game does look fantastic

It is just everything about it seems like a massive turdshow.

So don't be too pissed.

Sianos

Kind of pissed, because I'm probably a substantial reason to why some people were excited or interested about the game on GAF.

I appreciate your indie spotlight posts very much, and just because one dev happens to harbor notably unsavory views that weren't reflected in what little we had seen of the game itself doesn't mean your work promoting indie games has gone to waste!

Loxley

I can't remember the last time I went from "Holy shit this looks amazing and I can't wait to play it" to "Oh fuck this" so quickly for a game.

This is like some land-speed record.

um, what happened in here? So the creator is an arsehole and we shouldn't support the game?

Oh. Yikes.

It's apparently not just the creator himself, it's that the games story is lined with his views so that they can't separate the game from the creator. His words say the story is about a cyberpunk world where modern feminism wins over egalitarianism.

Kazaam

Wait, what's happening? This was my game of the show from Microsoft! It looks absolutely gorgeous! What happened in the mean time? I tried to read the couple last pages but I couldn't follow... He's a gamergate supporter and the story is about feminism?

Joeku

It's a damn shame that the art is wasted on this shit. The mix of 3d and 2d and atmospherics is fantastic.

It's ok man, we're all right here with you. *hugs*

It's gonna turn out that all the meat in CSD2 is actually human meat, isn't it, chubs? You degenerate.

Oxymoron

Wait for Humble bundle.

Dial charity to 100%

It's the only way to be sure.

Yeah, it's how I handled Offworld Trading Company. I feel pretty good about it.

Since you can pick the charity, you can specifically ensure the money goes to Planned Parenthood or another feminist organisation, too.

Shaanyboi

Banned
This fucker's tweets just buried whatever interest I had in his game. Actively rooting against it and him now. It's a real fucking shame.

Wait, what's happening? This was my game of the show from Microsoft! It looks absolutely gorgeous! What happened in the mean time? I tried to read the couple last pages but I couldn't follow... He's a gamergate supporter and the story is about feminism?

the world is a dystopian hellhole because feminism succeeded

It's apparently not just the creator himself, it's that the games story is lined with his views so that they can't separate the game from the creator. His words say the story is about a cyberpunk world where modern feminism wins over egalitarianism.

Like I said on the previous page though, he said that 3 years ago and the Steam store page paints a different story.

Feel free to boycott based on the creator himself, there's certainly reason enough, but the game I'm seeing now doesn't look like it has those themes. Still could be proven wrong if it comes out and is every bit as bad as people expect.

Pikma

Banned
That's because I did like like 15 pages ago when I laughed at the guy

If you're going to get mad at someone over this you should be certain before you roll down that tack

I don't think those two things are relatively comparable :p
Alright let me read the last 20 pages looking for your previous post just so I know I'm not misjudging you

My bad tho, Next time I'll remember to take a look at your post history too

the world is a dystopian hellhole because feminism succeeded

Don't forget the fact that you play as a flop loser who's sad because he's Canadian in 2025

I just want to state for the record...

Ghost Song better be incredible.

I hereby demand that that game be bad

Alright let me read the last 20 pages looking for your previous post just so I know I'm not misjudging you

My bad tho, Next time I'll remember to take a look at your post history too

I also demand an apology from you and 9 cupcakes for making me have to deal with you again

DukeBobby

I was so giddy when I saw the game for the first time in that thread of yours a few years back.

I'm still keeping a close eye on the game, but I need updated story info ASAP.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If I'm being honest, I want to know what this dude thinks that would be like and how it would fit into a game.

I imagine it will be laughable, or maybe it will be so subtle that people wouldn't even notice if it weren't for his explicit dumbassery out there on social media.

The art style is really slick. I imagine people would have been excited after seeing the E3 reveal regardless so I don't think you've done anyone a disservice.

Anime avatar

mm.. when do we get to derail threads with commentary about the social issues within comic books?

Grassy

*Watches video during press conference*

"Wow!"

*Opens thread, watches video again*

"Wow!"

*Starts reading thread*

"Wow!"

Pretty much. This was my most anticipated indie game after Rain World too. It's pretty depressing, especially after waiting years for a trailer of the new version and then finally getting one and it looking even better than I had hoped

Argh, no, don't be - thank you for sharing updates of the game over the last year or so, it's been fascinating to see how the art direction and the game itself has developed. It's a shame the game has unfolded the way it has, but you always do such great work promoting indie games on GAF, it's really appreciated. I would have had quite a few amazing games go completely under my gaming radar otherwise.

Slayven

The art style is really slick. I imagine people would have been excited after seeing the E3 reveal regardless so I don't think you've done anyone a disservice.

mm.. when do we get to derail threads with commentary about the social issues within comic books?

Que?

samar11

Does anyone have a list of all the games that were shown on their conference? Launch exclusive/ permanent exclusive list?
Cheers

Tain

How the fuck did Microsoft not catch this? Do they not look at the social media of game devs who want to be apart of their show?

Sony and Nintendo be like-

*carlton dancing gif*

While I think that criticism of Microsoft for either complacency or not doing research is totally called for and the dude making this game is a clown...

this post, gif and all, felt like a weird look into a world where fanboy wars are held on the basis of the media-facing wokeness of ethically bankrupt major corporations, lol

Oxymoron

Wait oh no what's up with the OTC guys?

The OTC devs, Mohawk Games, and Soren Johnson, are fine. The game is published by Stardock, though, and I don't support anything published by them since the gross sexual harassment from the company owner.

That's a case of "the game's financiers are absolutely disgusting", which obviously doesn't extend to the actual creative content of the game like in The Last Night, and YMMV on where you fall there.

"Wow this game is pretty!"

*the director supports gamergate and finds feminism to be overblown*

"Uh wow, maybe I can separate the art from the artist...?"

*tweets suggesting that the narrative of the game will be seen through that lens*

"FUCK"
me reading these new posts:

jVIgR80.gif

welp.

save us CD Projekt!

Funniest posts, so I can at least laugh after all this mess. I don't know why I'm still following the dude. Maybe really really hoping he's changed his tune in the last couple of years. I honestly would have loved to meet him in France or in a convention like EGX and hash this stuff out. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom