• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us 2 teased?

Odrion

Banned
The people who said they loved the ending of TLOU and wouldn't want a sequel are the same people who said they liked the ending of No County for Old Men: dirty fucking liars. :p

Bruce Straley was teasing this a few days ago:

5tAJFlQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/bruce_straley/status/462245347369054208
I guess he is talking about uncharted 4

Draper

Naughty Dog please, whatever you do, don't make a sequel to an incredibly successful game that lends itself to additional stories within the universe. Please stop! After the beauty that was the first game, how could I possibly trust it to remain safe in your hands!

Can I just say a game doesn't need a massive and overt cliffhanger in order to have a sequel. Sometimes it's just about the lives of characters continuing beyond the original narrative.

Leave it alone, Naughty Dog. Do the right thing, and leave it alone.

At the very most, a totally different story in that world.

My thoughts exactly, leave it alone and if you must because Sony is forcing it, or whatever the reason. Same universe, completely different characters and story.

She lives?

Does the OP say that? Shows a pic of a game character and suggests a sequel. Nothing to suggest that character is in the sequel or that it isn't a prequel (as the DLC was)

Anyways, yeah - best to stay out of sequel threads if you're trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm sure you know that by now.

Cybersai

Banned
Fantastic. Now that she's 18 she can have on-screen lesbian relationships.

Maybe we'll have a lesbian sex scene in the next game.

RytGear

I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as Ellie and Joel have absolutely nothing to do with it. Those characters had their journey and trying to continue it would be like trying to squeeze out water from an already used sponge and stretching it over the same space of paper.
Now, if we had a game revolving around Ish and co...

Odrion

Banned
I wonder if all this Naughty Dog rumbling is the result of the cancellation of Uncharted 4 to work on TLOU 2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Straley is using this pic on his twitter, anyone know where this is from?

web

UrbanRats

^^^That's Tetsuo, from AKIRA.

Eh, a sequel with the same characters, undermines
the sort of open
ending of the first game.

I won't ask them to abandon a successful IP after one title, but they could concentrate on completely separated characters, without any fan-service of "oh it's that guy!".

AdanVC

Funny how that digital painting of Ellie is zoomed in at 500% so he doesn't show the entire illustration. Such a tease for sure but I think it's way too early for TLOU 2... maybe just a veeeery early sneak peak would be shown at E3.

My point is that a TLOU sequel isn't going to be more critically acclaimed or get more awards necessarily. Just like Uncharted 3 didn't, following Uncharted 2.
Well, yeah, but what I posted wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Hence the forced out joke.

Menome

Whilst I wasn't crazy about The Last of Us, hopefully a sequel could address the rather bog-standard gameplay.* I did want to love the first game, it just felt like it could have been more than it was outside of the cinematics. I'll definitely play it and hopefully find it as good as everyone else does this time around.

*And yes, I mean that on Hard mode before those type of defenders jump on me.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
oh my, I am ready :)
But it would be stupid to tease a game that's not coming until 2016, if we are expecting uncharted 4 in 2015.

Freeman

Banned
My point is that a TLOU sequel isn't going to be more critically acclaimed or get more awards necessarily. Just like Uncharted 3 didn't, following Uncharted 2.

That was said about many games in the past, including HL². Let them try.

Ohhh exciting.

I loved TloU and I need a sequel. If not for just the world itself. The main characters could be new for all I care. As long as I can explore this world once again.

It's clearly on me. Im still getting it on PS4.

Great idea! I played the game at my friends house in two sittings (6 hrs each) because I didn't own a PS3 and wanted to play the game. Less than a week later I just wanted to play TLOU again. So I bought a PS3 and TLOU and played it about 4 more times. Game of the gen for me. I didn't over hype it. I didn't even know much about it. All I knew going in was that it was post apocalyptic. I'll be double dipping on PS4. Have fun!

Top Bottom